It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mocktaineers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:39 pm 

Free agent signings? Nah.Not going to get my hopes up. How about a pass catching TE like say, Jack Doyle?

1.) Tim Williams 6’3 255 EDGE Alabama- Were it not for those annoying off the field issues, this speed rushing demon would not be in the late 1st round discussion. Every damn year I struggle with not trading down, not signing a premiere free agent (like Melvin Ingram), only to watch Tombert run to the podium to make their selection. Who they run for this year is anybody’s guess, but I guarantee they will run.

2.) Jarrad Davis 6’1 238 ILB Florida- A lot of talk about Hassan Reddick being taken in rd 1 to replace Lawrence Timmons should he depart via free agency. While I like Reddick, I think this Davis kid is the superior football player and would be a “grand larceny” selection should his injured ankle cause him to slide down this far in rd 2.

3.) Rasul Douglas 6’2 202 CB West Virginia- Tall, long armed, corner that really opened some eyes at the Senior Bowl. A lot has been made about Tomlin claiming he lacks the horses to play man coverage. With Artie Burns and a physical beast like Douglas I won’t want to hear any more of Tomlin’s excuses.

4.) Marcus Maye 5’11 215 S Florida- So many mid-round safeties to choose from and I keep gravitating toward the injured ones. I’m a sick, sick, man. Yes, I like Maye but the attraction here is the success of his former partner in the deep patrol, Falcons rookie Keanu Neal. Fantastic football player. Few can lay the wood like Neal. Maye too is a hitter but more importantly excels in coverage having also played corner down at the Swamp.

4C) Damontae Kazee 5’10 184 CB San Diego St- Do you know the way to San Jose? Mayock told me to watch the tackling clinic this kid put on vs San Jose St. I won’t, but he did. So until the combine overhypes a new group of players, I’m going to revert to my Senior Bowl week notes and keep mocking this little case of dynamite to succeed Willie Gay in the slot.

5.) Chad Hansen 6’1 195 WR Cal- Another possible Patriot? Currently ranked 194th by CBS, I think this kid will make a “meteoric rise” up the draft board after he shows well at the combine. Don’t label this kid as the dreaded “possession receiver”, as he is actually more of a big play threat (See slant route for TD vs Stanford). I still think the key to the offseason hinges on Martvis Bryant. If he’s not coming back, WR will be addressed much sooner than this.

6.) Josh Harvey Clemons 6’4 228 S Louisville by way of Georgia- Just stop with this kid already, Drama. I can’t, I won’t. Kid’s a 5 star stud with “vines for arms” and the wingspan of an offensive tackle. His continued slide down the draft board makes him the “steal of the draft” here on day 3.

7.) Garrett Sickels 6’4 255 EDGE Penn St.- Been awhile since I’ve mocked this intense, football crazed, war daddy. CBS waaaaay off in left field on their ranking of this passing rushing Jesse. “Sick ‘em!” is the mantra here with this Sickels kid who like my guy Hunter Dimick doesn’t know the meaning of the word quit.

7C.) Noble Nwachukwu 6’2 275 DE West Virginia- Like Sickels, I’m hoping the local scouts are aware of this kid. This "heavy handed", hard-charging terror reminds me a little of my guy DeMarcus Walker. He’s not a 3-4 OLB, but offers the versatility to play inside or outside in a 4 man front. Earned my respect playing against TCU the day before attending the funeral of his father. Tough and talented. So few of us.

Thanks for reading as always. Brutal Monday without any Sunday football. I'm still in depression mode. In the meantime, I’ll mock to preserve my football sanity.

Post subject: Re: Mocktaineers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:33 pm 

My only complaint is I'd like to see another NT type drafted. I think it's time to move on from McCullers and get a guy who could spell all three spots on the DL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:43 pm 

GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

But only one offensive player drafted? I gotta think at the very least they're going to draft an RB to eventually take over from DWill.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:34 pm 

smithessmokin wrote:
My only complaint is I'd like to see another NT type drafted. I think it's time to move on from McCullers and get a guy who could spell all three spots on the DL.

Deangelo Brown is a little undersized to plat 5 tech, but he is a really good football player in the Hargrave mold.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:26 pm 

Alright some Monday night draft talk!

Smith, who do you like on the d-line? Day 3 my guess where they'll look. Don't know much about Deangelo Brown. Showed well senior bowl week. Am I wrong or is this not a really deep defensive tackle group this year?

Jack, who do you like at running back? Lot to choose from this year. I'd like to see DWill resigned, AB and Bell extended and Bryant comeback strong from suspension. If all that happens I think the offense is set personnel wise. Coaching??? Well that's another forum. Still, I'm all for adding a day 3 back or udfa for depth given Bell and DWills propensity to miss games. I concentrate on defense this draft but if the offseason is unkind then offense could steal some of the action.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:46 pm 

Brown is feisty little 300 pound dude. Much like Hargrave last year, didn't seem like anyone in Mobile could block him.

Problem is, he seems likely to go in between 4.134 and 5.174.

Eddie Vanderdoes or Charles Walker might be guys who could fit in the middle of day 3. I like the big kid from Colorado, but I don't see him as a fit at anything other than space eater vs the run.

I have two potential RBs basically no one is talking about (one mentioned twice at SteelerFury who I think is the best fit and one who is a real wildcard) plus Kareem Hunt that I think are really good fits. I'll tell you after the board draft lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:54 am 

Kareem Hunt, Jamaal Williams, Alvin Kamara, De'Veon Smith and of course Joe Mixon are all on my draft board.

Carlos Watkins, Dalvin Tomlinson, Isaac Rochell, Jarron Jones, Eddie Vanderdoes, Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, Treyvon Hester, Josh Toupu and Charles Walker are on my draft board.