It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Board Mock GM Draft Discussion Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:54 am 

BarryFoster wrote:
SP wrote:
So when do we find out who mystery GM is?

When he utters "shazpussy " or "small frame" is my guess.

Ziv/Clem. Perhaps the biggest douchebag to ever appear on Steelerfury, and that's saying something!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:55 am 

Obviously wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
SP wrote:
So when do we find out who mystery GM is?

When he utters "shazpussy " or "small frame" is my guess.

Ziv/Clem. Perhaps the biggest douchebag to ever appear on Steelerfury, and that's saying something!

That's a very competitive category.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am 

Steelers pick up momentarily.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:48 pm 

The LA Chargers are done with their draft.

1.7 LAC - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
2.38 LAC - Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
3.71 LAC - Josh Jones, S, North Carolina State
5.151 LAC - Chad Hansen, WR, California
5.166 LAC - Davis Webb, QB, California
5.178 LAC - Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming
5.184 LAC - Zach Banner, OT/G, Southern California
6.190 LAC - William Likely, CB, Maryland
6.206 LAC - Chad Wheeler, OT, Southern California
7.225 LAC – Rayshawn Jenkins, FS, Miami

In the first round we were very tempted to take Jamal Adams, S, from LSU, but we had just signed our existing S to a new 4 yr deal that day, so we went with who we think could be the best D player in the draft, Solomon Thomas. Gus Bradley will find ways to make this D better with him added to the mix, no doubt. Also, we knew we could get a good S later in this fairly deep draft....i.e....Josh Jones in round three (a steal) and Rayshawn Jenkins in the 7th.

O line was the biggest need and grabbing the top IO lineman in the draft in the second round was a no brainer. After signing LT, Russell Okung, in FA, we picked up another OT and OT/G in the 5th and 6th rounds. This should vastly improve our weakest squad and prolong Rivers' career hopefully.

Still, with Phillip River not getting any younger we grabbed Cal-QB, Davis Webb, to mentor behind him for a few years and see how he develops.

Adding a value WR and RB in the 5th round gives us more depth and more toys for Rivers to play with.

Last but not least, adding what we hope will turn out to be the best KR/PR player in the draft (once healthy) in William Likely, CB, Maryland, not to mention a possible great slot corner. His close connection to existing WR/RS, Travis Benjamin, will provide a great mentor as well.

It's been fun fellas. I guess we'll see how we all did in a few years.

B2B, a big thanks for running the show.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:02 pm 

18 picks left! Can we do it? I say, YES.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:52 pm 
The Dolphins are thrilled with their draft having landed

Malik McDowell DE
Jarrad Davis LB
Pat Elflein OC OG
Mike Roberts TE
Tanzel Smart DT

We see this haul like so

Davis Elflein and Smart project as 10 yr C2 C3 players who will seek out and embrace leadership roles 24 7 ....with Davis having steady all pro potential....Elflein approaching all pro status at times....and Smart looking every bit the Chris Hoke type wave player that all championship teams have a few of....Roberts with a little effort is a great blocking TE for the Phins ball control attack and you dont have to project much to see him as one of the better red zone and chain mover targets in the nfl....

McDowell has the potential to be a HOFer.....he could be outta the league in a few years.....worth the risk imo....

All in all ....3 C2 C3s ....1 work in progress that seems trending way up.....1 dice roll

Anytime you land 3 C2 C3 s its a great draft....2 more chess pieces in addition are just a bonus...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:54 pm 

That's a pretty mainstream, high floor draft for you, STD. You've turned over a new leaf.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:31 pm 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
That's a pretty mainstream, high floor draft for you, STD. You've turned over a new leaf.

It kinda fell that way....it kinda was the plan....I had targeted Reddick....when he was overdrafted I started to lean hard towards a greatest physical freak at greatest position of need line of thinking....

Next I think I had Davis all the way in the 2nd....imo....he might end up being the best lb in the draft and perhaps HOF good if the phins improve...interestingly ...smith and i tried hard to work a trade and he was trying hard for at least 10 to 15 picks....and...lol...he was crushed when i grabbed his target....heh heh :twisted: ,,,,as i wouldve been had i traded the pick away....

I was shocked Elflein fell like he did....and the phins have an open spot at RG....they were a tough team when that OL was on all cylinders and Elflein is going to continue to help them breed that mismatch...

I dont know of a more consistently clutch player in this draft than Roberts....Thomas and Roberts can create mismatches and situational wins at TE......how the hell do you not draft that in the 4th....again with an open roster spot ?

Smart.....shocked he fell to the 7th....high motor always on ....had to draft him

I liked JuJu Smith Josh Jones Samaje Perine Deatrick Wise and Issaac Aisata at points too

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:19 am 

Packers draft class is complete, driven somewhat by projecting the Packer free agency losses, may have shaken out somewhat differently by draft day. RB cupboard is bare at the moment, so I double dipped, though looks like a few backs I like will go undrafted so McGuire was a luxury(love my pass catching backs). Same with Pass rush, resigning of Perry may have lessened the need somewhat but still concerns with Mathews/depth, took 3 guys with different ways of getting pressure, but all high motor. Not in love with Moreau(not even my favorite UCLA DB), but will go higher than the the nickel/slot CBs I favored. Hope to see Kittle stay in Black and Gold. Great exercise as always, Thank you B2B.

1.29 Joe Mixon RB
2.61 Fabian Moreau CB
3.93 Alex Anzalone LB
4.134 Carroll Phillips LB
5.174 George Kittle TE
5.184 Keionta Davis DE
6.214 Elijah McGuire RB
7.249 Sean Harlow OL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:51 am 

The Kansas City Chiefs final draft results:

1.27 Dan Feeney OG Indiana
2.59 Jourdan Lewis CB Michigan
3.91 Dalvin Tomlinson NT Alabama
3.104 Carlos Watkins DT Clemson
4.132 TRADED to Philadelphia for Mychal Kendricks
5.170 Travis Rudolph WR Florida State
5.180 Jonnu Smith TE Florida International
6.216 Avery Moss OLB Youngstown State
6.218 Tashawn Bower LB LSU
7.245 Joshua Dobbs QB Tennessee

Pretty happy with this haul overall. Got the best guard in the draft that will help shore up the Chiefs line which hasn't been as good as it should be. Jourdan Lewis immediately gives them a CB who can play inside and outside. Tomlinson and Watkins will be immediate contributors as depth pieces to a DL that was completely decimated come the playoffs this year. When I lost out on the trade up in the 2nd round for Jarrad Davis, I felt like I needed to get a ILB that could play right away and Mychal Kendricks from Philadelphia was that guy. Rudolph was a great addition in the 5th round and while he's not the best athlete on the field he runs great routes, has good hands, and continually made the big plays when Florida State needed them. Jonnu Smith dumped his crazy girlfriend so he should be a good guy who can bring some much needed depth to the TE position. Moss and Bower both bolster depth at LB where we have two guys in Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali that probably only have another year or so left in them. Dobbs has been my guy for a while, he's smart and can extend plays....not the best but he could be nice backup if developed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next