It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Board Mock GM Draft Discussion Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:13 pm 

The Pittsburgh Steelers mock draft is complete. I ended up with 11 picks, which was too many, even for me-- but there does seem to be talent throughout the draft-- a couple of the other GMs mentioned that same sentiment this year.

I know I am much higher on Jordan Willis than some, but I think he's the whole package: young, skills, tape, outlier workout, movement skills, study habits, character. He is what an ideal 1st round pick looks like. I was told that Atlanta would have selected him with the following pick, if I had not-- I think Willis will be a 1st rounder by the time it's all said and done... but, sadly, probably not by our home team. At 2.62, I had my choice of Howard Wilson, Quincy Wilson, and Awuzie-- can't really go wrong with any of the three. Howard is a little younger and maybe more room to improve. Elijah Lee is just a really good football player, who has jumped out at me from KState film for three years. I could see him coming in on passing downs/big nickel. Deatrich Wise is going to get A LOT better in the NFL, once he gets broken of his habit of standing up at the snap. Was still productive and my guess is he will be a top 5 interior pass rusher in this draft. David Jones is physical and bigger than Harrison Smith and has cover skills like Malcolm Jenkins. If he played at even a non power 5 conference school, he'd be lock for end of day 2. Joe Williams would be a nice change up from Bell-- like a sneaky fastball after a day of change ups. Brandon Wilson can do a little bit of everything-- good football player with a knack for getting his hands on the football and taking it house. Taumoepenu is just rocket fuel for a stagnant edge rush group. Derrick Griffin is a high pedigree player-- if he can find team structure and coaching where he can fit in, he can be a tremendous player. Cooper Rush is a nice guy to mold into career backup. Brian Allen is freakishly long/big/fast for a DB.

1.30 PIT - B2B - Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas State
2.62 PIT - B2B - Howard Wilson, CB, Houston
3.105 PIT - B2B - Elijah Lee LB Kansas St
4.109 PIT - B2B (from SF) -Deatrich Wise, Arkansas
5.146 PIT - B2B (from SF) - David Jones, S, Richmond
5.173 PIT - B2B - Joe Williams, RB, Utah
5.175 PIT - B2B - Brandon Wilson, CB, Houston
5.181 PIT - B2B (from CLE) - Pita Taumoepenu, Stunt Rusher, Utah
6.185 PIT - B2B (From CLE) - Derrick Griffin, TE/WR, Texas Southern
6.213 PIT - B2B - Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan
7.248 PIT - B2B - Brian Allen, DB, Utah

This is what I'd hope my 53 would look like, in an alternative universe where my draft picks were the real picks:

WR (6): AB , Bryant, Rogers, Coates, DHB, Ayers
OL (8): Villanueva, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Hubbard, Finney, Hawkins
TE (4): Green, James, Derrick Griffin, Grimble
QB (3): BR7, Laundry, Cooper Rush
FB (1): Rosie Nix
RB (3): Bell, Joe WIlliams, Toussaint

DL (6): Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave, Deatrich Wise, McCullers, Walton
OLB (6): Dupree, Deebo, Jordan Willis, Pita Taumoepenu, Chickillo, Moats
ILB (4): Shazier, Vince Williams, Matakevich, Elijah Lee
CB (5): Burns, Golson, Howard WIlson, Cockrell, Brandon Wilson
SS (2): Sean Davis, Brian Allen
FS (2): Mitchell, David Jones

K: Chris Boswell
P: Jordan Berry
LS: Greg Warren

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:00 pm 

I also had a weird, accidental, theme to my draft: teammates.

2 guys from KState
2 from Houston
2 from Utah

I also strongly considered 2 from Richmond. Really like all 4 of those programs and their prospects.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:46 pm 

Bengals Picks

1.) Reuben Foster LB Alabama-Heat seeking missile for the front 7. My favorite player in the draft.
2.) Gareon Conley CB Ohio St.- Made a game changing int in seemingly every game I saw him play
3.) Tarrell Basham DE Ohio- "Bash-um" is a relentless pass rusher who will replace JAG Michael Johnson
4.) Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma- Jeremy HIll is entering last year of his contract. Gio Bernard coming off ACL surgery
4C) Eddie Vanderdoes DT UCLA- Kid was a beast Senior Bowl week. Domata Peko signed as a free agent with Denver.
5.) Jordan Morgan OG Kutztown- My DII tribute pick to an Edinboro buddy of mine. Bengals lost Zeitler to Browns
5C) Krishawn Hogan WR Marian- Shit-off stupid pick on my part. I'm just a sucker for a good story.
6.) DJ Jones DT Ole Miss- Undersized DT in mold of Grady Jarrett. Just causes chaos in the middle.
6C) Garrett Sickels Edge Penn St.- Was best player on the field in upset win over Ohio St.
7.) Jermaine Eluemunor OT Texas A&M-Raw, powerful kid from Britain
7C) Antony Auclair TE Laval Canada- Comp pick dart throw. Showed well East-Shrine week. Tyler Eifert always hurt

Thanks to b2b for running draft. Fun as always

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:22 am 

So, Brandon Bell's NFL career really does come down to wrist circumference?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:28 am 

Indeed this is the best thing this board does. It is always a pleasure and incredible learning experience to participate in such.
Thank you B2B for taking your time to run this so smoothly and hopefully I plied a few of your prospects away from you before you had a chance to draft them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:32 am 

Well, you definitely got Chuck Taylor out from under me. I think he'll be a nice rotational player in the NFL and he's one of those centerpieces on the FG block team at any level.

In general, I didn't get sniped too bad this year... but over the years I've learned a few strategies to compensate for the members of this board and the way they heavily draft Steelers-type prospects.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:17 pm 

Thanks for looking after this B2B. Always a fun time.

What reactions have you gotten on Twitter? I know you tweeted out our picks for reaction.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:45 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Thanks for looking after this B2B. Always a fun time.

What reactions have you gotten on Twitter? I know you tweeted out our picks for reaction.

Just about none. Lost in the noise.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:06 pm 

Thanks to B2B, always look forward to this every Spring, even though I don't know what I am doing half the time hah. Great job.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:49 pm 

Jacksonville Jaguars 2017 draft class:

1.DT Allen. Alabama, Can dominate on the inside, and get to the QB.

2.S Melifonu. UConn, height weight speed explosion off the charts, had 119 tackles, I pair him up with Jalen Ramsey and they take half the field away.

3.OT Moton W. Michigan, big strong great pass protection, good in the run. The Jags have possibly the worst oline in football.

4.CB (slot) Kazee. SD State, young mans a baller, with a knack for ints.

5.T. Magnuson Michigan, I move him to LG.

6.RB Smith. Michigan, nice size complete back, I think he goes higher than this in the real draft. Steelers fit.

7.TE Hikutuni Louisville, had a nice career, solid receiver good size.

Not super flashy but I think the top 5 can start as rookies, and Smith and Hikituni can contribute as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next