It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drowning the Shammock
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:58 pm 

2T) Tyrus Bowser, 6’3 247, EDGE, Houston- So I willed myself to the gym this morning and on the drive over I heard Mel Kiper say Tyrus Bowser was a “fast riser” after the combine and was in play for the Steelers at pick 30. I think I’d be ok with that but even better would be a trade down with a team coveting Pat Mahomes or Kizer and draft Bowser or B2B’s guy Willis early Rd 2.

2.) Traded to Seattle for Richard Sherman. “You still drunk, Drama?” Kind of yes. Man, I’m getting old. To me, this is the one move that the Steelers could (won’t) make that would wide eye ‘ol Bill Belichick and the rest of the league. I really think crooked nose Pete has had enough of ‘ol Richard, but watching him against Antonio Brown I think Sherman is still playing at a high level. Anyway, I know some salary cap magic will have to happen like Ben once again restructuring but WTF they didn’t spend anything in free agency gotta be some cash lying around somewhere right??? Artie Burns and Richard Sherman. I dig. “Poor Drama, chasing the pot ‘o gold at the end of the rainbow.”

3T). Raekwon McMillan, 6’2 240, ILB, Ohio St.- Not the first time I’ve been hungover after a night of chasing Leprechauns, but it is the first time I’ve mocked McMillan to the Steelers. I’m just not comfortable with Vince Williams taking over for the departed Lawrence Timmons. Team captain and leader of the Buckeye defense you just know TomBert will be taking this kid out for some corn beef and cabbage. Anyway, here’s a tackling machine that you can just count on to be rock solid and not only know his assignment, but he’ll know everybody else’s too. Will take a little luck of the Irish to get this Mick here in early round 3.

3.) Carlos Watkins, 6’3 307, DT, Clemson- Did Tomlin dine with this kid too or just visit with him at the Clemson Pro Day? Can’t remember but there’s a definite interest. Anyway, Watkins caused chaos and mayhem in every Clemson game I watched this year especially in the playoff series. I’m no longer sold on Suwanee, GA’s own Cam Heyward. His health has me worried. Gotta build up the depth on the DL.

3C.) Joe Mixon, 6’1 226, RB, Oklahoma- “Oh no don’t start this where will Mixon get drafted debate again, :roll: .” In our little SteelerFury mock draft, Mixon was very astutely drafted in round 1 by Omegosh, our resident GM for the Packers. However, Ted Thompson and other REAL NFL GM’s don’t have the luxury of overlooking the video of Joe Mixon breaking the face of a female co-ed. So once the real live draft coverage is underway, you know that Eisen and ESPN will vilify Mixon and mention his name over and over and over again with each passing pick POSSIBLY scaring off one team after another until most viewers are asleep at 11:00 Friday when the Steelers would then wisely pull the trigger…ok they won’t, but I sure would.

4.) Kenny Golladay, 6’4 218, WR, Northern Illinois- I think FC has it right. Chris Godwin is the Steelers target at the end of round 2 and I hope he’s right. Dig Godwin. But, in the main forum there’s a thread suggesting Martavis Bryant is on track to return to the Steelers for the 2017 season. That’d be sweet action alright, but after sitting out a year, I worry about the injury bug. Lotta “buzz” about this Golladay kid. Need another red-zone option and insurance against another year without Bryant.

5.) John Johnson, 6’1 205, S, Boston College- Did I ever tell you that both of my aunts were nuns at Boston College? They both left the convent to have families and pursue their teaching careers. They inspired me to become a teacher when I failed to get a job in sports. Dig my aunts. Boston is also where the first American St. Patrick’s Day celebration took place way back in 1737. “STFU already, Drama!” Ok, I like John Johnson, big kid who can hit and has a nose for the football.

6.) Hunter Dimick, 6’3 274, EDGE Utah- Dimick? Is that Irish? No matter. Kid’s my top ranked War Daddy and I want him on my football team.

7.) Issac Rochell, 6’4 280, DE Notre Dame- Took my little girl to see Beauty and the Beast this afternoon. Dads, it’s a GREAT movie. So Beast and Belle magically end up in Paris and mention Notre Dame as a place they want to visit. So if Notre Dame is in France, why the fuck are they called the Fighting Irish???

Thanks as always for reading. Hang in there fellas, the draft is just 40 days away.

Post subject: Re: Drowning the Shammock
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:40 pm 

This is one of my favorites of all your mocks. I don't especially care for rd 6 & 7... but I like the rest so much, it doesn't matter. I like about 4 late round safeties more than the Mike Mitchell clone type for the Steelers and I think Dimick is a try hard, overaged, STs player. Props to him and his effort and fine college career. The rest, however, makes too much sense.

I notice that Willis is only meeting with 4-3 teams, which blows my mind, considering his drills and fluidity during the combine. Oh, well.

Post subject: Re: Drowning the Shammock
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:28 am 

Great stuff Drama.

Love it!

Love me some Richard Sherman too.