It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: B2B Sleepers At Pro Day
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:01 pm 

Derrick Griffin reportedly had an excellent workout (you can see 3 or 4 videos on twitter) but did not run a 40 because of a quad strain. Looked like most teams were there (Steelers previously had said they would be there). Dallas and Washington paid some extra attention. The clips look good but it's disappointing that he didn't run the 40. He last was measured in the 40 approx a year ago, 6056, 238, 4.56 40yd. Incidentally, those are the exact height-weight-40 numbers of Ladarius Green in his draft year.

Brandon Wilson stole the show at the Houston draft day. He measured 5101/198, 4.36 40yd, 41 VJ, 11.1 BJ, 24 reps. Terrific workout and a lot of attention at the pro day.

Howard Wilson ran in the high 4.4s-- about a tenth improvement from his combine number.

Post subject: Re: B2B Sleepers At Pro Day
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:52 pm 

When I saw Griffin...Reminds me of Plax(compliment)
I also said there goes a 4.65 guy...I don't believe the 40
Also a body catcher at times

Brandon Wilson is special with the ball in his hands...Great returner. As a defensive back..I have some issues. He could be a special player...Roll of the dice pick with a very high ceiling

Howard Wilson is a stud...I think every bit the player Willie Jackson is...Jackson is faster...Wilson is more sudden and physical. Wilson is also cat quick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:10 pm 

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/TSU-s-Derrick-Griffin-has-disappointing-Pro-Day-11031655.php

In full disclosure.

FC, I think he's a sub 4.6 guy when healthy. If they are to be believed, he and Bus Cook said he'd run in the 4.4s recently.

Steelers were there; who knows what anyone makes of the kid. he probably should have declared a year ago, because his last year has been a mess.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:12 pm 

FC wrote:
When I saw Griffin...Reminds me of Plax(compliment)
I also said there goes a 4.65 guy...I don't believe the 40
Also a body catcher at times

Brandon Wilson is special with the ball in his hands...Great returner. As a defensive back..I have some issues. He could be a special player...Roll of the dice pick with a very high ceiling

Howard Wilson is a stud...I think every bit the player Willie Jackson is...Jackson is faster...Wilson is more sudden and physical. Wilson is also cat quick.

Thing about Wilson is: last year he played well on the outside, and this year he did a whole lot of things in that defense-- he was the yin to Bowser's yang. He blitzed, run filled, covered TEs. covered shifty slot guys, dropped into deep thirds. There's nothing you could ask him to do that is completely foreign to him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:23 pm 

Quote:
1. Howard Wilson, who failed to improve upon his combine 40, refused to participate in the workout drills. Every single healthy prospect does the drills, yet Wilson apparently thought he was above that. Scouts urged him to workout, but he wouldn't change his mind. This is definitely going to hurt his draft stock

http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:00 pm 

This story-- originated from Pauline-- doesn't quite add up. Howard Wilson did all the drills except 3 cone-- this after doing them all at combine.

The Houston Chronicle had a big article on the pro day and mentioned no issues with Wilson.

After two other top CB prospects got seriously injured doing drills, and having done the full workout in Indy-- I can't say I really blame him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:21 pm 

Weird story to just throw out there like that.
Sydney Jones first thing I thought of but if he really didn't workout why not give scouts a reason rather than flat out refuse?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:46 pm 

Yeah, it's an odd story, but based on what I've seen on video, it's not going to deter me from making the pick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:13 pm 

I'm growing a little weary with Tony Pauline. Everything is viewed through his lens, when all we really want is information from these insider pro days. This would not be the first time he slanted a report on a guy he doesn't like. He had Howard Wilson as a late day 3 or UDFA before the combine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 am 

What makes someone a draft expert?

The internet puts everything at your finger tips...Its a few clicks away.

I've been following the draft for a real long time...

Everyone gets it wrong...Its not an exact science. That being said...I don't buy into draft experts.

I trust B2B more than

McShay
Kiper
Bucky Brooks
Mayock

When Andrew Norwell makes a pro bowl(UDFA) and Greg Robinson busts out of the NFL a small part of there soul dies. On the other hand I sit back laugh and think...How did the board at Fury get this and the experts shit the bed?

The experts live and die by the herd mentality...Not one of them will go out on a limb