It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trade Down Mock
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:33 am 

Trade down with Carolina as they trade up for Obi Melifonwu and give up bpth 2nd Round picks they have.

2.40 Tyus Bowser OLB Houston
Bowser has gotten a ton of hype this offseason because he's such a freak athlete. As I just said he's a great athlete who can cover, rush the passer, and drop into coverage....and the Steelers really seem to value the latter in pass rushers(sigh). I can see Tomlin and crew really falling in love with his potential.

2.62 Jarrad Davis ILB Florida
He's been injured during the pre-draft process and hasn't been able to test. However, I've read and heard multiple accounts from anonymous scouts and others that they love what Davis brings to the table. Now that Timmons is gone, the Steelers need a starter or a guy who can provide more sound depth. Don't get me wrong, I like Vince Williams but that doesn't mean I'm not looking for an upgrade.

2.64 Sidney Jones CB Washington
I think its safe to say that Jones is the best CB in this class and its more than worth taking a flier on him despite the injury. I know the Steelers need a guy right now, however Jones is just too damn talented to pass up here.

3.94 Jake Butt TE Michigan
So, again I'm going to use the argument that Butt is just too talented to pass up here. He'd be talked about as a possible 1st day pick if it wasn't for the ACL.

3.105 Amara Darboh WR Michigan
It's been pretty clear so far this offseason that the Rooneys and the Steelers have zero trust or faith that Martavis Bryant is going be on the team long term. If that's the case I guarantee that our Steelers spend that annual 3rd round pick on a receiver and Darboh is a big guy with good hands who has met with Haley already this offseason.

4.135 Howard Wilson CB Houston
I know that the Steelers had to notice Howard Wilson if they liked Bowser to pick him. Wilson like Bower has his best football ahead of him. He has great size and good athleticism to be a very good boundary CB to pair with Artie Burns for the long haul.

5.173 D'Onta Foreman RB Texas
From what I have heard Foreman had a pretty good pro day so he probably won't last to this pick but in all fairness I started this mock two days ago. Also, the Steelers have met with Foreman already in the pre-draft process so this connection makes sense.

6.213 Delano Hill SAF Michigan
Hill is a solid all around safety who could provide depth at both positions.

7.248 DJ Jones DT Mississippi
Jones isn't a world beater but he is a big fire-plug in the middle who would be a really good backup to an emerging Javon Hargrave.

Post subject: Re: Trade Down Mock
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:44 am 

I actually didn't care for the ay Sidney Jones moved in his combine workout. He doesn't transition as well as a top guy should. Call me crazy. I think his teammate is better, actually.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 am 

I'm a big fan of King as well I just didn't think he would be there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:26 am 

not being privy to the medicals, I would be far more concerned about Jones's injury and his ability to get back to his previous level than say Moreau's injury. Achilles injuries on a CB could be two years in healing and he might never recover.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:31 am 

jebrick wrote:
not being privy to the medicals, I would be far more concerned about Jones's injury and his ability to get back to his previous level than say Moreau's injury. Achilles injuries on a CB could be two years in healing and he might never recover.

THIS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:38 pm 

B2B, it brings me great sadness to read you are not a Jarrad Davis fan. Kid's a good football player that was injured much of this season. Played much better his junior year. Anyway, I like the mock as always, Smith.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:38 pm 

Jarrad Davis is one of my favorite players.

He has some fundamental flaws.

Flaw 1. He doesnt always take the best angles to the ball carrier...He looks to kill motherfuckers.
Flaw 2.He needs to get better depth in his drops.

He also has some things going for him.

He beats blocks with leverage. He beats blocks with balance. He beats blocks by being slippery.
Only 6-1 he has long arms. He understands the game. He believes in his athletic ability a little too much.

He did vert 38.5(They had to adjust the measurement bar because of the length of his arms and how fucking high he hops)
10'9 broad
He did hang a 4.55 (1.58) split

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/linebacker-jarrad-davis-shines-spotlight-floridas-pro-day

He can flat out play the game. I think he is a 3 down backer. I would not be shocked if he was the Steelers best defensive player by the end of the 2018 season

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:27 pm 

I watched two games-- didn't see the dynamism on tape and he looked a little lost. Didn't stand out. Could be that I just watched a few lackluster games for him. What I read about him is always he stuff I love to hear, just didn't see it wi my own eyes. To be fair, I don't seem to do very well with ILBs-- Worrilow is the only one I really hit on and I have been wrong on a couple.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:58 pm 

Florida had some rough games on defense due to injuries which led to some confusion...So I get the lost part.

Davis played with a high ankle sprain...He lost some mobility and some issues against Alabama.

That being said...Davis also eliminated the top 2 Te's in the country from the passing game

Davis is very advanced in coverage...He is a wrecking ball in the run game, And he is super tough

He is the perfect compliment to Shazier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:15 pm 

FC wrote:
Florida had some rough games on defense due to injuries which led to some confusion...So I get the lost part.

Davis played with a high ankle sprain...He lost some mobility and some issues against Alabama.

That being said...Davis also eliminated the top 2 Te's in the country from the passing game

Davis is very advanced in coverage...He is a wrecking ball in the run game, And he is super tough

He is the perfect compliment to Shazier

First game I watched was Alabama. Do you have to pick Davis at 1.30 to get him?