It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trade Down Mock
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:59 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
FC wrote:
Florida had some rough games on defense due to injuries which led to some confusion...So I get the lost part.

Davis played with a high ankle sprain...He lost some mobility and some issues against Alabama.

That being said...Davis also eliminated the top 2 Te's in the country from the passing game

Davis is very advanced in coverage...He is a wrecking ball in the run game, And he is super tough

He is the perfect compliment to Shazier

First game I watched was Alabama. Do you have to pick Davis at 1.30 to get him?

Maybe not but he's probably a lock to go top 45. FC is right, his junior tape is awesome. I really hope the Steelers could do a small trade down and possibly get the best ILB in this draft. I like Vince Williams, but this kid could be a Day 1 starter.

Post subject: Re: Trade Down Mock
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:48 pm 

I do not value inside linebacker...Horrible to say. But its true.

I also don't value interior OL, 5 Tech's, or running back

High quality scouts find those guys in the mid rounds(3rd round)

Special players come around and my values can change.

Vince Williams is the turd in the punch bowl. If he cannot cover the Steelers cannot win a championship as the roster stands.

The Steelers cannot depend on Bud Dupree and Ryan Shazier to get it done .That is a tough pill to swallow.

Bud showed signs of getting it. I expect the Steelers to stick Bud at LOLB and allow him to perfect his craft.

Shazier is at a cross roads in a way. He made plays for the Steelers defense in the playoffs minus the Pats game. He must show improvement in the passing game...He has the skill and talent to be very good. His speed plays in a chase role. He is never going to be a hammer in the run game....He can become an excellent multi tool...Rush the passer blitzer cover in the passing game

To make a long story short. The Steelers may pray Davis falls to them in the 2nd round...They may have to move up to draft him. He makes sense for the Steelers. I believe Davis can play the mack or buck. I believe he is a perfect fit inside for any 34 team. I do not believe he falls to the Steelers in the 2nd round.

See I also believe this is the final year for 7. The Steelers will sprint up the card if Kizer falls to them. Quarterback is 100% in play for the Steelers.