It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mocktavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:17 pm 

2T.) Evan Engram 6’3 234 Hybrid TE/WR ‘Ole Miss- Here me out naysayers. Sure, common sense says load up the defense now that Martavis Bryant will be reinstated (allegedly). But this Engram kid intrigues me. No he’s not a blocker, but he’s more athletic than most of the WRs in this draft. I see a dynamic chess piece that can really do some damage in the middle of the field with AB and the Alien drawing A LOT of attention.

2.) DeMarcus Walker 6’4 280 DE/DT Florida St- I think it would take a more creative defensive mind than TomBut to get the most out of this defensive chess piece who ran a 4.76 40 at 6’4 280 at the FSU pro day. I’ve mocked this beast a few times now, but you’re not impressed yet go back and watch him chase down ball carriers from behind against Clemson and abuse Florida’s interior when he lined up at defensive tackle. What a front four this team would have, Tuitt, Hargrove, Heyward, and Walker. Come in waves, come from all over the effing field.

3T.) Curtis Samuel 5’11 196 WR/RB/RS Ohio St.- Granted my Buckeye bias is looming large with this pick, but I say let’s sell out this year on offense. With the Killer B’s (hate that moniker) along with chess pieces like Engram and Samuel, not even Todd Haley could stop this juggernaut.

3.) Justin Evans 6’0 199 S Texas A&M- Will sure to be a fast riser after blazing a 4.45 40 and rocking a 41.5 in vertical along with a 10.9 broad jump at his Pro Day.

3C.) Trey Hendrickson 6’4 266 EDGE Florida Atlantic- Another kid I’ve been mocking all season long that has enjoyed a “meteoric rise” up the draft board. Love the cut of this war daddy’s jib.

4.) Shaq Griffin 6’0 194 CB Central Florida- Yet another “fast riser” that I like for his story more than anything else. As I’m sure you diehards are aware, this kid turned down offers from bigger name schools so that he could continue playing football with his brother who only has one arm. Dig this kid

5.) Corn Elder 5’10 194 CB Miami- Staying in the sunshine state to grab this team captain and former teammate of Artie Burns to take over for William Gay in the slot. “Corn” ran a 4.45 at his Pro Day, but is also an aggressive tackler who rarely misses in run support.

6.) Jalen Reeves-Maybin 6’0 230 LB Tennessee- Just one of those kids that always stood out to me while watching SEC football games. An all over the field type who lines up all over the field. Team leader who can cover and make plays all over the field. If he’s healthy, he’s a “grand larceny” pick late day 3.

7.) Hunter Dimick 6’3 268 EDGE Utah- After pumping out 38 reps on the bench and running a 4.69 at his Pro Day this “Maniac” will never be left off one of my mocks again! “Dave’s a killer!” “Dave’s a mess.”

Thanks as always for reading. I know the Steelers' draft will look nothing like this one, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. Twenty-nine days left til the draft. Hang in there fellas.

Post subject: Re: Mocktavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:33 pm 

I could definitely live with this one. Well done.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:39 pm 

I like this draft. Im not a fan of Evans nor Marcus Williams though. Very athletic but both misjudge balls and overrun plays-- exactly what I'd seek to upgrade in our safety play. I think both have some very good qualities you can work with-- but this class is deep in safety talent.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:27 pm 

Evans is Michael 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:56 pm 

jebrick wrote:
Evans is Michael 2.0

Michael Mitchell?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:51 pm 

Drama's mock blows the Reuter mock out of the Galaxy...

Reuter mock...http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... in-round-1
30. Taco Charlton
62. Chris Wormley
94. Damontae Kazee
105. Dede Westbrook
135. Marlon Mack
173. Ejuan Price

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:31 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Drama's mock blows the Reuter mock out of the Galaxy...

Reuter mock...http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... in-round-1
30. Taco Charlton
62. Chris Wormley
94. Damontae Kazee
105. Dede Westbrook
135. Marlon Mack
173. Ejuan Price

With the glaring exception of Dede Westbrook... I have to confess I strongly prefer the Reuter mock

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:26 am 

Reuter is saying Charlton is a linebacker prospect though. I don't see that in Charlton. I see Charlton as a 5 tech like Wormley. That said, Why draft two DE's when you need Pass Rusher/Off LOS Cover Backer? Reuter expecting Tuitt to be allowed to walk in FA next season? Did I miss something? Can Charlton drop into coverage with a RB/WR/TE when assigned to? Like what's asked of Deebo/Chickillo/Dupree/Moats? I just don't see it. To make Charlton the Steelers 1st overall pick IMO would be disastrous. A waste. Especially when going by Reuter's mock and they target another 5 tech at 2.64 as well? Disagree with that ideology.
Westbrook is a headcase clusterfuck. No way does Pittsburgh even have dude on their draft board. At least I'm thinking they don't. But what do I know? I know I would not. While Westbrook may fill a need at WR Westbrook I think is a headcase who will cycle out of the league after enduring a troubled [always causing some sort of problem] type career. Way too much risk involved for my liking. They already have a problem child with Bryant/Bell. Why add another to the mix? Makes zero sense to draft a guy like that. JMO
Kazee has that FBI [football intelligence] yes I agree. He also has decent to good ball skills and instincts as mentioned from film study. He ran an average short shuttle [4.50] Kazee's explosion as detailed by a vert [34"], long jump [10'3"] at just a hair folical over 5'10 with an arm length of 30+" going against much taller, faster and heavier opponents will spell L.I.M.I.T.E.D. I believe, Kazee will be limited at the next level. Long speed is just average too as he timed mid 4.5's with a 4.54 40. Those are good to average numbers I suppose. Not so much for a good outside corner or even slot/nickel corner. All I'm saying is drafting a guy like Kazee at the end of the 3rd RND is not getting most value for that draft slot. I suppose his value at the end of RND 3 can be debated. With the FBI/Instincts thing I could see an argument being made Kazee plays much faster/better than he timed/accomplished in the underwear olympics. That said, I'm convinced there is better value in other prospects I think will be available at 3.94/3.105. Does Kazee have experience returning kicks/punts?
Mack and Price I do like and believe they both are decent prospects for where Reuter has them drafted. They both can contribute on ST's as they acclimate to the Pro life. I think Pass Rusher is a 1st/2nd day need as well as DB. Kazee is further down the list then say Howard Wilson, Josh Jones even David Jones for example... Whom they will have opportunity to draft at the end of day 2. JMO

Unless you believe this is the draft the Steelers make the necessary moves to finally transition back to the 43? Please comment... Inquiring minds... :geek: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:17 pm 

The degree of difference in movement skills between Charlton and Woodley is negligible. He's more athletic than Chickillo, even. I could see either Michigan DE playing 3-4 OLB in the NFL.