It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mockeastern Conference
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:04 pm 

1T.) Derek Barnett 6’3 259 EDGE Tennessee- So I am going to guess the consensus is IF Martavis Bryant is reinstated most Steelers’ fans will want to load up the defense based on the assumption the offense led by the “Killer B’s” will be fine. I’d prefer a trade down, but if you’re going to sell out for seven, then perhaps a Troy-like trade for a “plug and play” edge rusher such as my guy Barnett is the way to go. Rang has him going 15th in his latest mock so if he falls into the teens a trade up is in fact doable. Tennessee’s pro day is today. Couldn't find Barnett's 40 time just saw he tweaked his hamstring. Oh well I still dig him. Anyway, Would you trade up? If so for who?

2.) Quincy Wilson 6’1 211 CB/S Florida- While not nearly as poor as his teammate, Teez, I’m hoping Wilson’s “decent” Pro Day pushes down to the bottom of round 2. I’ve mocked Wilson a few times before based on his Steeleresque style of play which is ideally suited for a hybrid corner/safety kind of role where he’d be a nice chess piece for TomBut to create some chaos with.

3.) Traded away for Barnett

3C.) Marcus Maye 6’0 210 S Florida- I’ve been pillaging the Sunshine State for talent my past couple of mocks. Anyway, along with LB Jarrad Davis, this kid impressed scouts at his pro day. While not the lights out hitter of former teammate Keanu Neal, Maye is very physical but uses his skills as a former corner to cover TE’s in the slot. Dig this kid.

4.) Cam Sutton 5’11 188 CB Tennessee- Another Vol? Well, one of my former students is a freshman pitcher for the Vols baseball team so his dad being a UGA alum promised me a trip to Knoxville to sing some “Rocky Top” this fall when the ‘Dawgs come calling. We shall see. Anyway, as for Sutton falling to day 3, his Pro Day workout will factor into that along with his ankle injury. I like that he can play multiple positions in the secondary including William Gay’s slot position along with some safety if needed.

5.) Traded away for Barnett

6.) Jalen Reeves-Mabin 6’0 230 LB Tennessee-Mocked him just yesterday, but what the heck he fits the unintentional SEC theme of this mock and he’s a very good football player when healthy.

7.) Isaiah McKenzie 5’7 173 WR/RS Georgia- This kid is actually really fun to watch with the ball in his hands, when the ball actually lands in his hands. At Sanford Stadium you can hear a collective pin drop as fans hold their breath hoping McKenzie doesn't muff the punt. Tiny Burger King hands he has.

Thanks as always for reading. If you’re on vacation like me, enjoy your break!

Post subject: Re: Mockeastern Conference
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:09 pm 

slow clap for the last three guys

Cam Sutton is kind of Willie Gay zone corner, no? I get the impression he really doesn't fir here.