It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kizer Soze'
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:06 pm 

1.) DeShone Kizer 6’4 230 QB Notre Dame- “You sandbaggin’ son of a bitch!” So are the Steelers sandbagging or are they genuinely looking to draft Ben’s successor? Me? I’ve been saying for weeks to trade down into round 2 with a team desperate to move up for their missing qb and load up for a run at Lombardi #7. What if they’re not sandbagging? I know a lot of you love Pat Mahomes, but I think he’ll be gone by pick 30. WAY too much “Buzz” around him right now. This Kizer kid was featured on the Path to the Draft segment “First Draft” last night. I get the size comparison to Ben but more impressive to me was his character. He strikes me as a smart, dedicated, polished young man should the Steelers be so inclined to stay put and draft the heir apparent.

2.) Carl Lawson 6’2 263 EDGE Auburn- “Carl! Damn your eyes! I told you today is the day we change the holes. Now do it and no more slacking off!” It’s been a long while since I’ve mocked Lawson mostly because there are other pass rushers I like better, but heard former Falcon DE Chuck Smith who works with a lot of college pass rushers on local sports talk gushing over Lawson’s strong and violent hands saying hand fighting a lost art in rushing the passer. Anyway, if QB taken in round 1 then TomBert will have to get one like a Willis, Watt, Basham, Bowser etc even if that means trading up here in round 2 to do so.

3.) Ahkello Witherspoon 6’3 198 CB Colorado- Anybody like this kid? I’ve never mocked him so figure what the hell let’s get some new names out there. Played just one season of HS football after starring in both baseball and soccer. Kid is said to avoid contact in the run game which bothers me but after blowing up the combine this kid is a really “fast riser” and a rare athlete that I see being able to cover TEs in the slot and upgrade Ross Cockrell who can’t tackle worth a damn either.

3C) Jourdan Lewis 5’10 188 CB Michigan- “Drama, you dumbass the Steelers won’t draft this kid.” You might be right, but they did bring him in for an official visit. Look domestic violence is awful, but by all accounts this is an ultra competitive, team leader, and overall good kid who would look really good taking over Willie Gay’s nickel spot. If you do draft a kid with this kind of PR risk, you do it at 11:00 Friday night when the complaining crowd has long since gone to bed and the pundits are out of time to rehash the incident over and over and over and over...

4.) Eddie Jackson 6’0 194 S Alabama- I’ve mocked him many times before but I’m telling you, whoever drafts this kid is getting an effing steal. Team leader, boss of the ‘Bama secondary, dynamic return man would be a “grand larceny” pick if he makes it to day 3.

5.) James Conner 6’1 233 RB Pitt- At my house, I’m known as “laundry boy.” I can fluff and fold with the best of them. What my family doesn’t know is that it frees me up to watch the NFL Network. So as I’m folding my little girl’s endless supply of princess pj’s I caught some of the NFL Replay of this year’s loss to the Cowboys. Game reminded me of the Steelers struggles in short yardage particularly near the goal line. Conner and his 52 career touchdowns will fix that with the quickness.

6.) Mack Hollins 6’4 221 WR North Carolina- I’m still holding out hope Martavis Bryant is officially reinstated hopefully before the draft. Still, the only show of support shown by the Steelers’ toward this kid is they didn’t cut him. I expect a day 3 pick to be spent on a WR. This Mack kid has similar size to Bryant and is said to be a stud on special teams.

7.) Cole Hikutini 6’4 247 TE Louisville- Hell no he can’t block, but he is a seam buster and a dangerous weapon in the red zone.

Thanks as always for reading. Just giving a potential scenario should the Steelers use their 1st round pick on a qb. Not something I'm rooting for. Twenty-three days left until the draft. Hang in there fellas.

Post subject: Re: Kizer Soze'
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:33 pm 

Oh hell no to DeShone Kizer! He makes Kordell Stewart look like Attila the Hun. The guy has the mental makeup of an eight year old girl. And we think Landry Jones is a puss....

As for the rest of the mock...thumbs up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:11 pm 

Great mock Drama. Like every player and hope to see some of them drop to those draft spots. I think Kizer is gone prior to 1. 30 either by a team trading back into the 1st RND or someone taking him before Steelers pick. Chiefs, Chargers, Saints, 49'ers, Jets, Bears, Browns even Bills and Cardinals all have a need for QB. SBI... 8-)

Honestly, I prefer they go after Webb. Whom I believe they could land in the 3rd RND. I think they like Mahomes a lot more. I believe Webb to be a better prospect. I've been really off before so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:19 pm 

77, I hope you're right in that a team does trade up from round 2 to select Kizer (or any qb) so long as the Steelers are the trade partner! I'm not a big fan of this group of qbs and am more than happy to take another draft pick or 2 and go into the season with bens successor not on the roster.