It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Carl Lawson = Corey Lemonier
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:09 am 

It concerns me greatly that the Steelers appear to be high on Carl Lawson. as an auburn guy, i watched this guy's entire body of work at auburn. He is nothing more than a great big tease. He is, at best, another Corey Lemonier. Yeah. remember him?? He flashed signs of being a pass rusher in college too. I think CL was a 3rd round pick IIRC. he may still be in the league, but he hasn't really done jack shit. Carl Lawson isn't anywhere near the player Dee Ford was/is.

Yes, Carl Lawson. The one with the short arms...and the injury history...and the unwillingness or inability to set the edge as a run defender (despite his alleged "violent hands")...and the lack of timely/impact plays. Carl Lawson reminds me of that fucker the Steelers drafted out of UCLA a few years back. can't recall his name right now.

BTW, I have a very similar opinion of Bama's Tim Williams. I think both players are 100% fools gold.

Discuss.

I don't post much but I always enjoy this board at this time of year. fantastic input/insight into draft prospects. thanks to all who fill the board w/ useful info.

Post subject: Re: Carl Lawson = Corey Lemonier
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:01 pm 

Lawson reminds me of Jarvis Jones( but with shorter arms) in the fact that his combine numbers just suck for someone who has looked explosive on film. JJ even had a better 3-cone that Lawson.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:17 pm 

Lassen's numbers were OK speed wise, except for the glaring problem three cone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:24 pm 

Bruce Davis....that was that fucker's name. what a sad joke of a football player he was.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:27 pm 

jebrick wrote:
Lawson reminds me of Jarvis Jones( but with shorter arms) in the fact that his combine numbers just suck for someone who has looked explosive on film. JJ even had a better 3-cone that Lawson.

"When I evaluate an edge rusher," Mike Tomlin said, in rather a scornful tone, "a 3-cone time means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:42 pm 

SteelyourFace wrote:
jebrick wrote:

"When I evaluate an edge rusher," Mike Tomlin said, in rather a scornful tone, "a 3-cone time means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."

What??? Did he really say this? :lol:
When Tomlin's time as a football coach ends, he can make nice living selling used cars.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:56 pm 

SteelyourFace wrote:
jebrick wrote:

But after the JJ pick, Tomlin has looked for SPARQ monsters. That is why Bowser and Willis are at the top of my list for Steeler EDGE picks in the 1st.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:10 pm 

jebrick wrote:
SteelyourFace wrote:
jebrick wrote:

But after the JJ pick, Tomlin has looked for SPARQ monsters. That is why Bowser and Willis are at the top of my list for Steeler EDGE picks in the 1st.

Seeing as Tomlin nor Colbert attended either guy's pro day I don't think they feel the same way. But I agree. I think Lawson sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:43 pm 

jebrick wrote:
SteelyourFace wrote:
jebrick wrote:

IMO, neither Bowser or Willis are round one talents. They may both be have decent careers, but neither is the difference maker the Steelers would need at OLB.

Oh...and I agree about Lawson and Williams. Especially Williams!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:31 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
IMO, neither Bowser or Willis are round one talents. They may both be have decent careers, but neither is the difference maker the Steelers would need at OLB.

Oh...and I agree about Lawson and Williams. Especially Williams!

You're based the bolded on what, exactly? Those two guys are studs, with production, great tape, and outlier athleticism/power.