It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let's Get Physical
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:41 pm 

(No, I am not inserting an image of Olivia Newton John)

2T.) Marlon Humphrey 6’0 197 DB Alabama- I used to have an elephant brain, but now with two kids under the age of 10, I’m lucky if I remember my own name, let alone the name of this fairly attractive analytics lady that was on Path to the Draft last week. She said that Humphrey has missed exactly 4 tackles on over 200 attempts as a starting corner for the Crimson Tide. Incredible. Less than incredible is the over 17 yds per catch average he allowed during his time in Tuscaloosa, but if he were perfect I wouldn’t be mentioning him here in round 2. Watching his highlight reel tackles, I think this kid would make an excellent safety. Still, as much as I think TomBert will dig this kid’s tackling ability, I just feel it in my gut that this kid’s stock has been slowly dropping. I’ve been touting a trade down much of the offseason, here’s hoping it comes to fruition. A tough, physical, football player.

2T) TJ Watt 6’4 252 LB Wisconsin- One of the more polarizing prospects here on SteelerFury. I dig this “energizer bunny” and would do nothing but smile if he’s selected in rd 1 let alone traded up for in round 2. Kid’s raw, but uber athletic and off the charts dedicated to the great sport of football. Watt also intrigues me because he’s a chess piece, offering the versatility to also play inside perhaps kicking Vince Williams to the sideline in certain sub packages. Lot of round 2 pass rushers. Trade down, trade up, do whatever it takes to get one. Another tough, physical, football player.

3T.) Josh Jones 6’1 220 S North Carolina St.- Off the charts measurables make this kid an ideal candidate for a hybrid safety/linebacker. Line him up in the slot to cover tight ends or bring him down in the box to blast running backs and put a hurtin’ on opposing quarterbacks. Like Watt, a chess piece that can be moved all around the board. Yet another tough, physical, football player.

3.) JuJu Smith-Schuster 6’1 215 WR USC- During my Pacific Beach days I made the journey up to the Coliseum to see USC/Notre Dame. A good time was had by all but it doesn’t match the atmosphere of an SEC home game. Anyway, two of my former students, Josh and Daniel Imatorbhebhe are now Trojans so I’ll call myself a bandwagon USC fan. Keep an eye on Josh who has an insane 47 in vertical. Oh yeah JuJu. I liked Daniel Jeremiah’s comparison to Anquan Boldin who is in fact a tough, physical, football player.

3C.) Demarcus Walker 6’4 280 DE Florida St.- Are you out of your effing minds CBS? 98th in your now up to date rankings??? My guy is getting NO respect. Arguably the past pass rusher in the nation, this kid has 28 sacks the past two years. Like Watt and Jones, I see a versatile chess piece that a CREATIVE defensive coordinator could really put to good use. Like Carl Lawson, former Falcon DE Chuck Smith praised Walker for his violent hands. Fuck his hands, this kid has violent everything and is without a doubt a tough, physical, football player and a “grand larceny” pick this late in round 3 (Again CBS smoking crack on this one).

4.) Jourdan Lewis 5’10 188 CB Michigan- It would take nothing short of my own son playing for Michigan to get me to relinquish even a little of my disdain for Jim Harbaugh's Wolverines. Still, this Lewis fella is a really good corner who would excel as William Gay’s replacement. Hey kid, getting physical with a woman doesn’t make you tough, but it will cause you to slide a round or three.

5.) Traded for TJ Watt or Jordan Willis or Tyrus Bowser or Tarrell Basham or whoever you prefer.

6.) Elijah McGuire 5’10 215 RB Louisiana-Lafayette – A bonus pick of sorts for you fantasy football enthusiasts. Rotoworld’s Josh Norris’ loves this kid saying he could have a Josh Howard-like impact as a rookie. Another CBS bargain ranked as a 6th rounder.

7.) Blair Brown 5’11 238 ILB Ohio- “Find Ball. Get Ball.” Pretty basic job for an inside linebacker and few in this draft do it better than this thumper from Athens. Kid lives to “make plays in the opponents’ living room.” Another tough, physical, football player.

Thanks as always for reading. The draft can't get here soon enough.

Post subject: Re: Let's Get Physical
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:15 pm 

While not a huge fan of Humphrey as a cb, I agree he would make a nice safety, I'd do back flips for this draft.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:58 pm 

Cynthia Frelund Drama....the attractive analytics lady on NFL network.

Love the draft by the way. The D would be set for years to come.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:16 pm 

I like this perhaps most overall of your litany of drafts. However.

One of the big problems with Humphrey is that he gave up some ungodly number of TDs over his head-- this bodes extremely poorly for playing him in deep coverage. As a box safety, maybe.

Hell, they're talking about playing Mark Barron as a 3-4 OLB in LA, so WTF knows.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:30 pm 

Quote:
Cynthia Frelund Drama

I could put a Juju Smith-Schuster like hyphen in there and make Cynthia my wife. God knows my real wife can't stand football or my obsession with it so maybe I'll give this analytical temptress a call.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:11 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Quote:
Cynthia Frelund Drama

I could put a Juju Smith-Schuster like hyphen in there and make Cynthia my wife. God knows my real wife can't stand football or my obsession with it so maybe I'll give this analytical temptress a call.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:37 am 

I wouldn't mind that draft at all after humphrey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:38 am 

Tankersley, if he's there is the better fit than Humphrey. Still... sweet draft Drama.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:34 pm 

If I get a CB in the 1st I would hope for Tre'Davious White or Gareon Conley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:51 pm 

Conley is moving up for me.

For the Steelers, I currently have them something like:

Lattimore
Conley
King
White
Awuzie