It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where the Buffalo Roam
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm 

2T.) Budda Baker 5’10 195 S Washington- This kid just screams “PLAYMAKER!” Starter and team leader since the day he stepped on the U-dub campus. Incredible blitzer off the edge. Budda, though small, plays the game with high aggression and intensity. Put him in coach, he’s ready to play, today, gotta be, in centerfield.

2T.) Chidobe Awuzie 6’0 202 CB Colorado- Being 46 years of age, I was in my prime back when the Steelers’ scouting department was drafting Bill McCartney’s Buffaloes left and right. You know the names, Deon “7 “ Figures, Chad Brown, Joel Steed, Kordell, Stewart, Charles Johnson, and the Great Ariel Solomon. If the tantalizing Cynthia Frelund were on Path to the draft last night, she would’ve told me that Awuzie is a tackling warlord having totaled 277 of them during his career in Boulder. Awuzie himself was on Path to the Draft last night. Came off as incredibly intelligent spouting off all sorts of “press man” coverages to Daniel Jeremiah and some dork of a host who annoys me to no end. Let my girl Cynthia host the show dammit! Like this Awuzie kid, she’s a star in the making.

2.) Jordan Willis 6’4 255 EDGE Kansas St- Joe Greene recently said something to the effect that the team needs a player “Who epitomizes what the Steelers are all about.” Well, KST Head Coach Bill Snyder called Willis, “The epitome me of Kansas St. football.” So there ya go Joe, I found you a match. “Hey Drama, Catch.” Wow! Thanks Mean Joe!”

3T.) Gerald Everett 6’3 239 TE South Alabama- Designated Steelers’ reporter, Aditi Whatsherface, on Total Access last night said that Ben’s retirement threat was made out of frustration due to lack of weapons on offense (duh). While I prefer Evan Engram of the small, hybrid tight ends, this Everett kid is an absolute Bull with the ball in his hands. Jeremiah showed a highlight reel of this beast just refusing to go down. Dig that. So here’s a weapon for ya Ben, ya Jackass, now STFU and go win us #7!

3.) Traded to move up for Awuzie (or Baker I’m just a movin’ and a shakin’ down and back up the draft board).

3C.) Akello Witherspoon 6’3 198 CB Colorado- Well apparently most of you hate Marlon Humphrey who is arguably the best tackling DB in this draft so it’s back to boulder for another Buffs’ DB. Like Ross Cockrell, “Spoon” is allergic to tackling, but at least Witherspoon has elite athletic ability and the measurables to cover TE’s out of the slot. Get ready Brady, you handsome ‘sum bitch, the Steelers’ new secondary is going to pick your ass apart, figuratively speaking.

4.) Traded to move up for Awuzie (or Baker don't mind me I’m just Jimmy Johnson-ing my way up and down the draft board).

5.) James Conner 6’1 233 RB Pitt- I know DeAngelo Williams was a great FA pickup but his failure to convert short touchdowns infuriated me. There’s a lot more to Conner’s story than 52 touchdowns, but I’ve got soccer practice (so effing sick of soccer shit-off stupid sport!!!!) so I’ll leave you with he’s one tough ‘sum bitch that I want as the hammer on my football team.

6.) Dylan Cole 6’0 239 LB Missouri St- Hell no I’ve never watched a Missouri St. football game, but thanks to Pro Days I know this kid did 32 reps and verticaled 39’. This tackling machine has “muscles on top of muscles” and is said to really “pack a wallop.”

7.) Samsun Ebukam 6’2 240 EDGE Eastern Washington- Another Tony Pauline special who like the aforementioned Cole, blew up his Pro Day. Without that, I wouldn’t have bothered to look up that he is from Nigeria and came to the U.S. as a soccer player (MotherF&@king, C@$KSucking, SOCCER!!!).

Thanks as always for reading, had some time to kill so wanted to type out another one before my evening is ruined by SOCCER.

Post subject: Re: Where the Buffalo Roam
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:30 pm 

I'll admit I am not as high one this one as I have been others.

Willis is growing on me, I will say that. Starting to see him more and more in a Pittsburgh uniform.

I'm not as big fan of the Colorado CBs as others are, I think Awuzie is more a safety type and Whitherspoon scares me a little because he reminds a little too much of Cockrell.

I do like Everett as that early round receiving TE. Not sold that Green can stay healthy. Am I the only one who thinks Jesse James is actually good enough to be a #1 TE?

You'll be seeing Connor again soon.

Like the late round LB picks, both move well and have been productive. I will say however that if we go ILB I'd rather get one of the top guys rather than settle for a late round guy. I feel like we have a bunch of special teams guys like that already on the roster.

Last but not least, I'd don't think Baker's ceiling is as high as people are making it out to be. I think he'll just be a solid player, his size scares me a little bit. Safeties at NFL who are smaller don't seem to last long or be near as effective as they were in the college game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:29 pm 

I also like Jonnu and especially Robert Donyan, Jr. as Aaron Hernandez/Jordan Reed types, in some ways more than Everett. You watch, NE will snatch up Donyan and a year from now we'll all be marveling that they found this kid from Nowhere State who is yet another offensive weapon-- physical mismatch, best hands in the draft.

Jonnu is more of the quick basketball type, but that can be very effective.

Derrick Griffin and Phazahn Odom would work just fine for Ben, and they're going second half of day 3. Griffin is Ladarius Green minus the stiffness and concussions. Odom is a taller, bigger, faster Grimble.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:38 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I also like Jonnu and especially Robert Donyan, Jr. as Aaron Hernandez/Jordan Reed types, in some ways more than Everett. You watch, NE will snatch up Donyan and a year from now we'll all be marveling that they found this kid from Nowhere State who is yet another offensive weapon-- physical mismatch, best hands in the draft.

Derrick Griffin and Phazahn Odom would work just fine for Ben, and they're going second half of day 3. Griffin is Ladarius Green minus the stiffness and concussions. Odom is a taller, bigger, faster Grimble.

There really are a ton of receiving TEs in this class.

Honestly, this will be the most interesting draft I can remember for the Steelers. There are really several different way this draft could go depending who is on the board in Round 1. They really need another boundary CB, a promising young pass rusher and a safety with range and playmaking ability. Almost sounds like last year minus the need for a NT. Lastly, Ben wants a playmaker at TE to create mismatches.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:47 am 

smithessmokin wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

There really are a ton of receiving TEs in this class.

Honestly, this will be the most interesting draft I can remember for the Steelers. There are really several different way this draft could go depending who is on the board in Round 1. They really need another boundary CB, a promising young pass rusher and a safety with range and playmaking ability. Almost sounds like last year minus the need for a NT. Lastly, Ben wants a playmaker at TE to create mismatches.

Regarding the bolded, I already had the idea of proposing a mock thread where I list the options at 1.30 and the challenge is to come up with the best remainder of the draft for each option.

As for boundary corner, slot corner, SILB, Safety, and OLB coverage are all more important than boundary corner. These are the places where we have zero ability to match up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:38 pm 

I hate to be a stickler for definitions (in this case anyway, as I've been wrong before myself), but Buffalo is not Bison. Buffalo is this :

And a bison is what you posted. Both actually make great hamburgers, btw. Buffalo is a bit gamier, imo. But not by much.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:06 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Both actually make great hamburgers, btw. Buffalo is a bit gamier, imo. But not by much.

Bison meat kicks ass in chili