All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i am gil brandt mock
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:52 am 
Round 1 – 30th R Anderson OLB ILB
Round 2 – 62nd T Bowser OLB
Round 3 – 94th C Brantley NT
Round 3 - 105th D Walker DL
Round 4 – 135th T Cohen RB KR PR
..............................................................................Brandts 150 suggests all of the above could be available in those slots

Round 5 - 173rd J Clark CB S
Round 6 – 213th S Russell QB
Round 7 – 248th J Jones OLB ILB

Post subject: Re: i am gil brandt mock
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:40 am 

Eww gross

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:00 am 
I would be very happy with that mock

DL becomes one of the top in the nfl for a good number of years with the ability to attack in waves

OLB gets a stunning prospect in Bowser....lesser so in Anderson and Jones

ILB is suddenly loaded

and Todd gets the RB type hes wasted 2 draft picks on and additionally we pick up an elite return guy

Clark Russell both present great value and high floors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:57 am 

My two cents...

Not your best effort, Chef.
I wouldn't draft Anderson before day 3.
While I'm not as high on Bowser as some around here, he's a decent round 2 pick.
No reason whatsoever to draft a NT...none. Especially in round 3.
Seth Russell is not now, nor will he ever be, an NFL caliber QB. His playing future starts with the word arena.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:18 pm 
Jobus Rum wrote:
My two cents...

Not your best effort, Chef.
I wouldn't draft Anderson before day 3.
While I'm not as high on Bowser as some around here, he's a decent round 2 pick.
No reason whatsoever to draft a NT...none. Especially in round 3.
Seth Russell is not now, nor will he ever be, an NFL caliber QB. His playing future starts with the word arena.

Brandt has Ryan Anderson ranked in the 40s iirc ?.....The Steelers have shown interest they typically show 1st rders as noted in B2Bs thread......just trying to connect the dots

I cant say Hargrave or McCullers have been great. Drafting a force at NT along with DeMarcus Walker to work with Heyward and Tuitt probably gives the Steelers the best 30 front in the nfl and a mismatch they can exploit.

IMO mismatches are how you win in the nfl these days

I trust B2B on QBs.....the very limited tape ive seen shows a gunslinger who can win

Brandts 150 really fucked up my groupthink on many players draft slots this year
I suspect he will be remarkably accurate again this year which made me realize alot of players I wanna draft in the 2nd 3rd and 4th will be long gone

That old coot Brandt got serious cred.....he has made me reconsider shoving old people outta the way at the grocery store thats for sure

Bad drafts happen when you reach for players youve targeted and wear blinders about the talent at your finger tips

This draft doesnt address TE or WR and only 1 DB in Clark......I still think its loaded top to bottom with impact players who win and love to play football

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:39 pm 

My opinion... Draft either Jordan Willis or Derek Rivers. These two prospects are very close to Bud Dupree in athleticism and measurables. Perfect bookends IMO. The only two in this draft. A close second would be Tyus Bowser. Or you can wait and draft someone like Basham or Hendrickson later on day 2. Everyone else is a distant 3rd. DLine could be an option if the right player is there in day 2. Otherwise I would not draft DLine till day 3. Cohen is definitely a day 3 selection but not that soon in day 3 IMO. Nice job putting this together from the Brandt top 150 list though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:05 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
My opinion... Draft either Jordan Willis or Derek Rivers. These two prospects are very close to Bud Dupree in athleticism and measurables. Perfect bookends IMO. The only two in this draft. A close second would be Tyus Bowser. Or you can wait and draft someone like Basham or Hendrickson later on day 2. Everyone else is a distant 3rd. DLine could be an option if the right player is there in day 2. Otherwise I would not draft DLine till day 3. Cohen is definitely a day 3 selection but not that soon in day 3 IMO. Nice job putting this together from the Brandt top 150 list though.

IIRC, both Jordan Willis and Rivers were full time left side pass rushers-- aside from Senior Bowl, not sure either ever faced LTs. Question is: can Bud Dupree switch to right side? Also, Rivers had a great run stopper on the other side of his defense-- I think either of those player likely to be left side guys.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:11 pm 

I agree B2B. I do think he can and (project) Bud to play on the right side eventually. Playing next to Heyward will certainly help ease Bud into that role. Additionally, what better instructor(s) than Deebo/Porter. Love to see Willis and Dupree rushing mates. Rivers is my second place winner with Bowser being 3rd.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:27 pm 

Brantley is a good player, and underrated, but where does he fit on the Steelers front seven?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:51 pm 

I have mixed feelings on Brantley. From what I read he was just a part time player, taking less than half the snaps because they (Florida) like to keep their big uglies rested and fresh.

So, okay, great, then that must mean Brantley, being so fresh and being in such an ideal situation, then he must have been a great pass rusher right? I hear these Aaron Donald type of comparisons so I look at his sack numbers, 2.5 sacks in 2016 and 3 sacks in 2015. WTF? I am supposed to be impressed with that?

I don't think he is the dynamic player that our Hargrave is and I think Brantley will have to add some more weight and probably be a Brandon Williams type of NT. I would be okay spending our second 3rd or 4th round pick on him because he would be great in a rotation and keep Hargrave fresh.

Tarik Cohen I noticed early on and was curious how high he will climb. I think he carries some major risk if you are projecting him as a return man. I mean, I hear these Darren Sproles comparisons and I think, that is really a stretch. I mean Darren actually WAS a return man while at Kansas State, he had 40 punt returns for 378 yards, a 9.5 avg and 1 TD, and 35 kick returns for 846 yards, a 24.2 avg, all while rushing for almost 5,000 yards at RB.

Tarik Cohen? He had 1 punt return for 4 yards, and 1 kick return for 26 yards. So, he basically did nothing as a return man. You are projecting when you assume that he can be a good return man. Compare that to TJ Logan who as a kick returner had 77 returns for 2098 yards, a 27.2 avg and 5 TDs while at North Carolina. Me? I would be okay spending a 5th or 6th rounder on TJ Logan if I want to add a KR/3rd down back, but to spend a 4th on Cohen is too rich for my blood.