steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

If I was a Betting Man
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8629
Page 1 of 3

Author:  smithessmokin [ Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:29 am ]
Post subject:  If I was a Betting Man

This draft certainly has had many prospects that are looking for a dropmdown the board due to character concerns and injuries. That's kind of the theme with this mock, players fall to these picks because of these issues.


1. Jarrad Davis ILB Florida
He has been injured for most of the predraft process but he is an alpha dog and a leader with big time ability.

2. Chris Godwin WR Penn State
He's the only guy who doesn't fit into my parameters, but the Steelers are going to take a WR at some point as insurance to Martavis Bryant.

3. Sidney Jones CB Washington
He's arguably the best CB in the class but an injury at his pro day won't have him ready to start practicing until arguably during some point in the season. Worth the risk.

3. Tim Williams OLB Alabama
A lot of people don't like Williams but I've always been a fan of his game. Off the field issues push him down to the Steelers.

4. Eddie Jackson SAF Alabama
Jackson hasn't been able to test either during the predraft process but he's a rangy safety with a knack for making plays on the ball.

5. D'Onta Foreman RB Texas
I still think Foreman is just scratching the surface of how good he could be down the road.

6. Gareon Conley CB Ohio State
A guy who could fall out of the draft, the Steelers take a chance on another CB who could be the best this class has to offer.

7. Caleb Brantley DT Florida
Another player fighting a legal battle, if acquitted he would be a great piece for depth behind Hargrave.

Author:  SteelerChef [ Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: If I was a Betting Man

FWIW Brandt has most of those going much earlier. I like most of those however

Author:  SteelThrillsseeker [ Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: If I was a Betting Man

smithessmokin wrote:
This draft certainly has had many prospects that are looking for a dropmdown the board due to character concerns and injuries. That's kind of the theme with this mock, players fall to these picks because of these issues.


1. Jarrad Davis ILB Florida
He has been injured for most of the predraft process but he is an alpha dog and a leader with big time ability.

2. Chris Godwin WR Penn State
He's the only guy who doesn't fit into my parameters, but the Steelers are going to take a WR at some point as insurance to Martavis Bryant.

3. Sidney Jones CB Washington
He's arguably the best CB in the class but an injury at his pro day won't have him ready to start practicing until arguably during some point in the season. Worth the risk.

3. Tim Williams OLB Alabama
A lot of people don't like Williams but I've always been a fan of his game. Off the field issues push him down to the Steelers.

4. Eddie Jackson SAF Alabama
Jackson hasn't been able to test either during the predraft process but he's a rangy safety with a knack for making plays on the ball.

5. D'Onta Foreman RB Texas
I still think Foreman is just scratching the surface of how good he could be down the road.

6. Gareon Conley CB Ohio State
A guy who could fall out of the draft, the Steelers take a chance on another CB who could be the best this class has to offer.

7. Caleb Brantley DT Florida
Another player fighting a legal battle, if acquitted he would be a great piece for depth behind Hargrave.


It'll be interesting to look at after the draft to see how many of the character concern guys you listed get picked up by Cinci.

Author:  smithessmokin [ Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: If I was a Betting Man

It will be interesting to see where they get picked period. I've read that Brantley has been taken off a lot of boards.

Obviously, it will be interesting to see how players will slot due to injuries such as Jones and Jackson.

Author:  Charles Demarr [ Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: If I was a Betting Man

smithessmokin wrote:
It will be interesting to see where they get picked period. I've read that Brantley has been taken off a lot of boards.

Obviously, it will be interesting to see how players will slot due to injuries such as Jones and Jackson.



Heard Jones is way ahead of schedule. There is a good chance he could be practicing some time in September. I would not be surprised if he goes in the 2nd.

Author:  bradshaw2ben [ Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If I was a Betting Man

I understand what Chris Godwin is and that the Steelers "like" him. However, I don't think he replaces what Bryant does in any way. He's a big upgrade to Cobi Hamilton and Demarcus Ayers, but he's not going to threaten deep on the outside, nor clean up on the inside. I guess a smart OC would play AB more in the slot, and have Godwin on the outside-- but that won't happen here.

Author:  steelclan [ Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If I was a Betting Man

I believe Steelers sent whole team to Florida pro day and Davis blew their doors off. More I think about if he is there more it makes sense. Lose Timmy, go after Hightower and they have to know VW's limitations. Don't know how most feel but Davis and Shazier as a combo sounds mouthwatering.

Author:  Jobus Rum [ Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If I was a Betting Man

steelclan wrote:
I believe Steelers sent whole team to Florida pro day and Davis blew their doors off. More I think about if he is there more it makes sense. Lose Timmy, go after Hightower and they have to know VW's limitations. Don't know how most feel but Davis and Shazier as a combo sounds mouthwatering.

Yep.

Author:  bradshaw2ben [ Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If I was a Betting Man

If it weren't for the Steelers prattling on about taking the best defensive back available and "loving" Peppers at 30, Jarrad Davis would be the leader in the clubhouse for who they might pick at 1.30.

Author:  Charles Demarr [ Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If I was a Betting Man

I love Davis as much as you guys, but he isn't making it to pick 30. Not a chance in hell.

He's a riser right now, and with Conley and Foster screwing up this week his value goes even higher.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/