steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Never Trust NFL Draft Scout
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8693
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bradshaw2ben [ Mon May 01, 2017 3:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Never Trust NFL Draft Scout

I saw a player on tape I really liked-- just jumped out. Looked him up on NFL Draft Scout, where he was listed as 2018 draft class.

Turns out, he was a senior and eligible this year-- I would have had him as my #8 safety.

I am adding him to my B2B Directional State team; he would have been there, as he's quite underrated.

Dante Barnett, S, Kansas State





His name wasn't even mentioned anyplace that I saw-- did people just not bother to watch Kansas State?

Author:  bradshaw2ben [ Mon May 01, 2017 3:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Never Trust NFL Draft Scout

another one I missed:

Brandon Radcliff, RB, Louisville

he can scoot

Author:  smithessmokin [ Tue May 02, 2017 12:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Never Trust NFL Draft Scout

I actually knew about both of these guys, they were just buried this year. Burnett got hurt the year before this past season and he literally vanished from scouts minds. Barely heard anything on him the whole process.

Author:  bradshaw2ben [ Tue May 02, 2017 4:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Never Trust NFL Draft Scout

smithessmokin wrote:
I actually knew about both of these guys, they were just buried this year. Burnett got hurt the year before this past season and he literally vanished from scouts minds. Barely heard anything on him the whole process.

As I said on Twitter: Watch Barnett vs Stanford and explain to me why no one had a mid round grade on the guy.

A TON of plays near and behind the LOS, very active, great play recognition, trustworthy to not bite on play fakes or route subterfuge, trustworthy in deep coverage, great and sure tackler.

Honestly, I can't figure out why the Steelers weren't interested, since he fits their safety play style to a T.

Maybe the Steelers were that unnamed NFL team quoted in the recent draft article, who said they won't take anyone from Kansas State program, because Bill Snyder doesn't give them access to his players. Would explain zero interest in Willis and Barnett.

Author:  SteelerChef [ Tue May 02, 2017 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Never Trust NFL Draft Scout

bradshaw2ben wrote:
smithessmokin wrote:
I actually knew about both of these guys, they were just buried this year. Burnett got hurt the year before this past season and he literally vanished from scouts minds. Barely heard anything on him the whole process.

As I said on Twitter: Watch Barnett vs Stanford and explain to me why no one had a mid round grade on the guy.

A TON of plays near and behind the LOS, very active, great play recognition, trustworthy to not bite on play fakes or route subterfuge, trustworthy in deep coverage, great and sure tackler.

Honestly, I can't figure out why the Steelers weren't interested, since he fits their safety play style to a T.

Maybe the Steelers were that unnamed NFL team quoted in the recent draft article, who said they won't take anyone from Kansas State program, because Bill Snyder doesn't give them access to his players. Would explain zero interest in Willis and Barnett.


Wonder what happened there ?

Author:  SP [ Wed May 03, 2017 10:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Never Trust NFL Draft Scout

draftscout was better, more in depth, and more accurate when Chad Reuter was running the show. I always liked his work. I think he moved on to NFL network research or something.

Author:  SteelerChef [ Wed May 03, 2017 10:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Never Trust NFL Draft Scout

SP wrote:
draftscout was better, more in depth, and more accurate when Chad Reuter was running the show. I always liked his work. I think he moved on to NFL network research or something.


CBS draft uses alot of his work too.

Author:  bradshaw2ben [ Thu May 04, 2017 1:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Never Trust NFL Draft Scout

When CBS first made the deal with NFL draft scout, they listed all the prospects and their measurements/test results-- all on one giant, searchable and sortable sheet-- it was SO much better than the layers/tabs they do it in now. Back then, you could search for all CBs by arm length or all players by fastest shuttle or fastest 10 yard split. It was an awesome resource. I have written to them on multiple occasions, explaining why the new set up is disappointing and useless-- never a response.

Author:  SteelerChef [ Thu May 04, 2017 12:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Never Trust NFL Draft Scout

bradshaw2ben wrote:
When CBS first made the deal with NFL draft scout, they listed all the prospects and their measurements/test results-- all on one giant, searchable and sortable sheet-- it was SO much better than the layers/tabs they do it in now. Back then, you could search for all CBs by arm length or all players by fastest shuttle or fastest 10 yard split. It was an awesome resource. I have written to them on multiple occasions, explaining why the new set up is disappointing and useless-- never a response.


Yep

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/