It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2018 Redraft
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:35 am 

2018 Redraft:

1.28- Darius Leonard LB South Carolina State
Consensus Defensive Rookie if the Year if you ask most people. People were worried about this kids size but he has been a human missile for Indianapolis this year, one of the big reasons for their resurgence on defense.

2.60- Justin Reid FS Stanford
I haven’t watched Houston play much but he can’t be worse than Terrell Edmunds has been this year.

3.76- Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma State
While he hasn’t done much this year, I still think that this pick presents too much potential to sacrifice. We all know Josh Dobbs isn’t the answer and this kid has some promise.

3.92- Chuks Okorafor OT Western Michigan
Another pick I am good with. He played great in Denver has the tools to develop into a really good RT. Gilbert is injured every year too so getting a quality backup/future starter is important.

5.148- Tim Settle DT Virginia Tech
Of course the Dan McCullers experiment failed again. I mean, did anyone really think he turned the corner? This kid, of the few times I have seen the Redskins play this year, has been a wrecking ball in the middle of the defense. Our run defense isn’t what it used to be and this kid would have been able to give our starters some rest.

5.165- JK Scott P Alabama
The fact that Jordan Berry is still punting for the Steelers after how well Matt Wile did in training camp is appalling. Berry is always good for some miss hits, at least this young guy has potential to be one the of the better punters in the league.

7.246- Phillip Lindsay RB Colorado
Boy this kid would have really put some speed into our backfield we haven’t seen since Willie Parker. He’s been super impressive and one of the reasons the Broncos are competitive this season. Our rookie class right now doesn’t look good at all right now, the only guys who have shown promise this season are Chuks Okorafor and Jaylen Samuels.

Post subject: Re: 2018 Redraft
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:02 pm 

I'd take a long, hard look at Jessie Bates in round one, but he wouldn't fix the glaring problems against the run like Leonard and Settle (right on, there, as well) would. Other than that, there's a lot to agree with.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:17 am 

Darius Leonard ILB
Lorenzo Carter OLB
Harrison Phillips DT
Antonio Callaway WR
Dane Cruikshank CB
DeShon Elliott SS
Logan Cooke P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:56 pm 

Smith has it right...

Leonard then Reid would be perfect. Reid has been a beast for Houston. Looks 10x better than the 3rd rounder we took in the first.