It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 1414
jebrick wrote:
Iron_City wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:

Does anyone have other examples of how players with similar commitment and loyalty issues fared in the draft and in the NFL?


What does that even mean? Transfers? Or just snubbing a school that probably won't finish top 3 in its own conference?

Justin Brown for Steelers is a transfer. Phil Taylor from Browns. Both have NFL contracts.

Troy Aikmen left Oklahoma for UCLA.


Wilson left NC State for Wisconson


Not 100 percent accurate. Wilson graduated from NC State and went to Wisconsin for grad school and was allowed to play immediately because he earned his degree.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6062
Iron_City wrote:
Charlie Weiss fired at Kansas. Brady Hoke probably soon to follow.

UM currently trailing Rutgers 26-17 in the 4th quarter. If that holds up, Hoke could be canned as soon as the plane lands in Ann Arbor.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5059
Russell Wilson may have graduated from NC State, but many players graduate and play there final year as grad students. He didn't go to Wisconsin for his final year of eligibility because he was dying to get into their cheese making Masters program. He went there to play football.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5059
Jobus Rum wrote:
Iron_City wrote:
Charlie Weiss fired at Kansas. Brady Hoke probably soon to follow.

UM currently trailing Rutgers 26-17 in the 4th quarter. If that holds up, Hoke could be canned as soon as the plane lands in Ann Arbor.


The michigan powers that be should have been braced for a loss at Rutgers. Obvious dogs in that one.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 14477
Joe Flacco

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 1414
R S wrote:
Russell Wilson may have graduated from NC State, but many players graduate and play there final year as grad students. He didn't go to Wisconsin for his final year of eligibility because he was dying to get into their cheese making Masters program. He went there to play football.



He went to NC State to play football too. He just graduated faster than most football players. As you say he went to Wisconsin to play football which he would not be doing his last year at NC State. Mike Glennon was named the starter by O'brien and Wilson wanted to play ball not hold a clip board just because he was playing baseball and would miss some spring ball.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5059
stillthere wrote:
R S wrote:
Russell Wilson may have graduated from NC State, but many players graduate and play there final year as grad students. He didn't go to Wisconsin for his final year of eligibility because he was dying to get into their cheese making Masters program. He went there to play football.



He went to NC State to play football too. He just graduated faster than most football players. As you say he went to Wisconsin to play football which he would not be doing his last year at NC State. Mike Glennon was named the starter by O'brien and Wilson wanted to play ball not hold a clip board just because he was playing baseball and would miss some spring ball.


I get all that, but what about the other posters statement "Wilson left NC State for Wisconsin" is wrong? him being a grad student was irrelevant. he didn't have a good relationship with the coaches so he left.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 1414
He had no commitment once he graduated. He didn't transfer while he was still committed to the team or just after he had committed to the team or school. He had 4 years of NCAA eligibility not 4 years of NC State eligibility.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 1414
I am not saying it is wrong. The previous examples up the thread were Aikman, Justin Brown, Flacco, and whomever are a different situation. They all lost eligibility due to the choice they made.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 5
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5059
without even researching. if you want to be ticky tacky, Justin Brown and Flacco lost no eligibility with their transfers. Flacco transferred down to a I-AA school and Brown got an exemption due to the PSU sanctions.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group