It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steelers first round pick will be...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm 

FC wrote:
Ryan Shazier
Bud Dupree
Jarvis Jones
Artie Burns
I hate to do it TJ Watt

IMO I am willing to call all of them busts

I got it - yes I agree with you FC. As a group = bust. I will hold hope for Watt.

The most frustrating thing for me.......jobs for life, no threat of any changes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:31 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
I like Rashaan Evans as well but im thinking about getting all aboard the Leighton Vander Esche train especially if shaziers career is over which it likely is.

I want to see how he runs, because I don't think he has the speed to fit what we need. Maybe he's faster than he looks. Great tackler, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
I like Rashaan Evans as well but im thinking about getting all aboard the Leighton Vander Esche train especially if shaziers career is over which it likely is.

I want to see how he runs, because I don't think he has the speed to fit what we need. Maybe he's faster than he looks. Great tackler, though.

Most of the stuff im reading is that LVE is expected to be one of those guys that blows the combine up in which case he wont fall to us, but ya very interested to see his combine as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:17 pm 

I’m wondering if moving TJ Watt to ILB might not be the best thing moving forward.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:35 pm 

FC wrote:
Ryan Shazier
Bud Dupree
Jarvis Jones
Artie Burns
I hate to do it TJ Watt

IMO I am willing to call all of them busts
Too soon for Watt. Burns still has some learnin' to do. Bud Is a mystery. I've seen him double teamed, and I've seen him give up on plays. He's a question mark for me. And aside from questionable tackling techniques, Shazier was probably an all pro. IMHO.

And draft "picking" is cyclical. Sometimes you hit it big, sometimes you don't. Mounds marketing dept would approve.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:36 pm 

I don't think it's okay to call Shazier a bust. He had a career ending injury, but was a Pro Bowler.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:08 am 

Ice wrote:
I don't think it's okay to call Shazier a bust. He had a career ending injury, but was a Pro Bowler.

Agree, Shazier's name should be nowhere near this group. Watt did some things very well for his rookie year. Too early to call him anything other than a rookie.

Alvin Dupree stinks. No way in hell he should get a contract #2. Jervis was the biggest bust in recent memory and Burns is trending toward nothing special as well.

Definitely not a great track record for round 1.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:09 pm 

Jervis was Huey Richardson-level bad. Golson was a pretty rough, too, though that was injury, and finding Hilton kinda made up for it.

I hope Burns and Davis can turn it around, but some of the quotes from Burns have been odd and concerning.

Hell, the jury is back into the room on Tuitt, in my opinion.

I can safely say I'm finally done with Dupree, as well, though as some have pointed out, he wasn't terrible in coverage this year when asked to play that role.

One of the things I wonder about is whether or not the player-picking or the coaching (positionally, at the very least) is at fault, which gets compounded on the scale of depressing when you look at the fact that LB and secondary are probably going to be high on the priority list again this April. Do we pump more high picks at the same coaches and expect better results?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:38 pm 

Ice wrote:
Jervis was Huey Richardson-level bad. Golson was a pretty rough, too, though that was injury, and finding Hilton kinda made up for it.

I hope Burns and Davis can turn it around, but some of the quotes from Burns have been odd and concerning.

Hell, the jury is back into the room on Tuitt, in my opinion.

I can safely say I'm finally done with Dupree, as well, though as some have pointed out, he wasn't terrible in coverage this year when asked to play that role.

One of the things I wonder about is whether or not the player-picking or the coaching (positionally, at the very least) is at fault, which gets compounded on the scale of depressing when you look at the fact that LB and secondary are probably going to be high on the priority list again this April. Do we pump more high picks at the same coaches and expect better results?

We shouldnt, but we will. My prediction on 1st rnd pick is someone with talent, that our coaching staff will turn into a turd.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:14 pm 

I'm starting to think we should just start picking Alabama players. They're mostly maxed-out, coached up what you see is what you get players. Less chance for Lake and Porter to ruin them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next