It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Pitt" of Misery
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:48 pm 

1.) Ronnie Harrison 6’3 214 S Alabama- What a freakin’ week. Chaos. Especially disconcerting in the aftermath of yet another frustrating playoff loss was the report that Tomlin not only took over play calling duties but also coached the secondary. Hopefully my guy Harrison can coach himself.

3T.) Uchenna Nwosu 6’3 240 OLB USC- Casting a wide net here. All out hustler and a fast riser. High quality kid and leader of the USC defense. Offers a lot of versatility in that he can both rush and cover. Perhaps the Steelers once again catch lightning in a bottle with a day 2 Trojan.

3) Ogbonnia Okoronkwo 6’1 240 ILB Oklahoma- Casting a REALLY wide net here. So I saw Daniel Jeremiah has Tremaine Edmunds going in the top 15 so clearly his hype train is well underway. So now what??? I’m all for TJ Watt moving inside, but passing him over from “coach” Porter to “coach” Olsavsky doesn’t exactly inspire me with confidence that it would be a successful transition. Anyway, this OU edge rusher is said to be this year’s Hassan Reddick in that he could transition from college edge player to a more versatile role as a 3-4 inside ‘backer.

4T) Jalyn Holmes 6’5 270 EDGE Ohio St- Haven’t yet mocked a Buckeye this year. The Buckeyes wave in a lot of NFL caliber talent on the defensive line including this Holmes fella who could be a fast riser after he tests well at the combine.

5T) Deadrin Senat 6’1 320 NT South Florida- Centerpiece of Charlie Strong’s 3-4 defense. I have zero clue what Tomlin will do schematically next year, but if he remains status quo, he better add a powerful, stout run defender that can beat a double team in the middle.

5) Akrum Wadley 5’10 195 RB Iowa- Lotta debate about what to do with Leveon Bell this offseason. Tough to say who’s pulling the strings on this team, Ben? Tomlin? Both? My guess is Ben will want the offense to remain intact. Either way I was so rooting for James Conner to prove worthy of the backup role. He didn’t come close. A day 3 rb like Wadley here offers much needed speed and pass catching ability that would add another dimension to the run game.

7T) Daurice Fountain 6'1 208 WR Northern Iowa- Napped through a lot of the East-west shrine game but was awake to see this kid high step his way to a couple big plays. One as a punt returner and a 38 yd catch after Jeremiah called his shot. The Mayock hype machine is well underway which I’m sure will make this kid a fast riser throughout the draft process.

7) Ebenezer Oqundeko 6’3 245 EDGE Tennessee St.- This sack master was dismissed from Clemson after a getting caught in some ill-conceived gift card scam. “Ebo” was uber-productive, albeit at a lower level of competition, but I’ll take a day 3 gamble on this talented, productive, pass rusher.

Thanks for reading. Man, what a week here on SteelerFury! Can’t even put into words how I feel about it all. Watching tomorrow’s games is going to suck, but at least I’ll have plenty of Bud light commercials to amuse me. Dilly, Dilly!

Post subject: Re: "Pitt" of Misery
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:20 am 

Post subject: Re: "Pitt" of Misery
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:01 pm 

i liked what i saw from this Fountain kid