steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Steelers first round pick will be...
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9918
Page 1 of 4

Author:  SP [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:46 am ]
Post subject:  Steelers first round pick will be...

Rashaan Evans LB Bama.

Figured I’d save myself some time the next few months and just throw this out there now.

Author:  Charles Demarr [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Ronnie Harrison S Bama

Author:  Steelafan77 [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

If not Evans who I think will be there at 32 8-) then I can see TE Mark Andrews. I'm thinking Harrison will be gone in the top 20. Safety Allen could be there in RND 2. ;)

Author:  steelheels [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Is Harrison the type of S we are looking for?
I'm thinking we need more of a FS. Sean Davis can't cover his shadow so I'm guessing he is your SS.

Author:  jebrick [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Raquan Smith ILB Georgia

My outside shot is Dallas Goedert TE SDS

Author:  Charles Demarr [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Steelafan77 wrote:
If not Evans who I think will be there at 32 8-) then I can see TE Mark Andrews. I'm thinking Harrison will be gone in the top 20. Safety Allen could be there in RND 2. ;)



I like Mark Andrews a lot. Not sure TE is as big a need as we think. Vance and Jesse with some Grimble have been a pleasant surprise this year. Safety & ILB in the first 2 rounds.

Author:  stillenigma [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Mark Andrews is a fit as well as Roquan Smith. Would love Baker in the second. At S, I prefer to look to Texas' DeShon Elliot. Later, Van Smith or Wisconsin's Nick Nelson as a S (played CB).

Author:  steelmann58 [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

I like the smith kid for Georgia and find the best playmaking safety

Author:  SP [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Roquan Smith is gone in the top 16. This team puts a premium on the LB position. Not only do they have no depth, they are down a starter as well. Here is need meets availability. I called TJ Watt on January 17th last year. No need to procrastinate like that this year. I’m calling my shot now with Evans now m

Author:  Ice [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Entire Bama D looked pretty good last night. Remember FC mentioned in another thread he wasn't high on the Bama backers this year. I don't watch too many Alabama games due to being unable to stand Saban, so some opinion would be interesting.

I like Smith from UGA as well, but agree from everything I've seen so far that it would take giving up some picks to go up and get him.

Author:  SteelDrama [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Ill guess Ronnie Harrison

Author:  smithessmokin [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

I’ll agree with Perch, I think Evans is the pick and I’m 100% fine with that. I said the begin the season I was high on Evans.

Author:  steelheels [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

SP wrote:
Roquan Smith is gone in the top 16. This team puts a premium on the LB position. Not only do they have no depth, they are down a starter as well. Here is need meets availability. I called TJ Watt on January 17th last year. No need to procrastinate like that this year. I’m calling my shot now with Evans now m


We would be very lucky if Evans were available when we pick. The guy is a thumper with some nice athleticism.
He's not a Shazier type, but more like a Ruben Foster type.

Author:  Ice [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

smithessmokin wrote:
I’ll agree with Perch, I think Evans is the pick and I’m 100% fine with that. I said the begin the season I was high on Evans.


I guess my question was, were you high on Evans as a guy playing next to 50, and does that still translate given a very good/great season from a cheap VW and the need to attempt to cover what Shazier added to the team?

Genuinely curious about the fit given the almost 180° change in circumstances.

Author:  cop1211 [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

1. ILB Edwards
2. S Reid , Eliott, Sanders
3.OLB
4.none
5a.RB
5b.WR
6.S
7.DT

Mid level fa OLB.

Author:  Charles Demarr [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

cop1211 wrote:
1. ILB Edwards
2. S Reid , Eliott, Sanders
3.OLB
4.none
5a.RB
5b.WR
6.S
7.DT

Mid level fa OLB.



TJ Edwards is going back to school.

Author:  cop1211 [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Charles Demarr wrote:
cop1211 wrote:
1. ILB Edwards
2. S Reid , Eliott, Sanders
3.OLB
4.none
5a.RB
5b.WR
6.S
7.DT

Mid level fa OLB.



TJ Edwards is going back to school.


Damn go with Evans.

Author:  Steelafan77 [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Not saying he's a first round consideration but Kerryon Johnson would be an interesting prospect to get on board. He declared for the draft skipping his senior season. http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index. ... nters.html

Draft wire mocked S Marcus Allen in the first with OLB Tremaine Edmunds in the second and ILB Uchenna Nwosu in the third round.

Author:  steelheels [ Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Long way out mocks:

1. Ronnie Harrison S
2. Malik Jefferson ILB
3. Mike Gisecki TE
5. Allen Lazard WR

or

1. Rashan Evans ILB
2. Mark Andrews TE
3. Armani Watts S
5. Allen Lazard WR

Author:  jebrick [ Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

not a fan of Malik Jefferson. Slow at diagnosing plays.

Author:  Jobus Rum [ Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

jebrick wrote:
not a fan of Malik Jefferson. Slow at diagnosing plays.

Agreed...definitely not a 2nd round talent, IMO.

Author:  Will-the-Shake [ Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

I think it's a safe bet that they go LB. Not as confident as some that Evans will still be available; if he is, they'll take him most likely. If he's not, I still think they go LB over the other serious upgrade need: safety (both positions). Would like to see a draft without throwaway picks (midgets without moves, long snapper experiments*). That said, difficult to complain too much with the offseason performance by the front office this past year; truly superb when you think of the pieces they selected, or picked up, that are contributing mightily. (*=as side note, I believe that Holba the long snapper they selected has an active job in Jacksonville, our most likely divisional round opponent).

Author:  smithessmokin [ Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Ice wrote:
smithessmokin wrote:
I’ll agree with Perch, I think Evans is the pick and I’m 100% fine with that. I said the begin the season I was high on Evans.


I guess my question was, were you high on Evans as a guy playing next to 50, and does that still translate given a very good/great season from a cheap VW and the need to attempt to cover what Shazier added to the team?

Genuinely curious about the fit given the almost 180° change in circumstances.

I like him regardless of whether he is playing beside Shazier or Williams. I think its more about he is a talented LB that the Steelers would be lucky to get and I think he fits the scheme very well.

Author:  Suwanee88 [ Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Trade up to get Vita Vea, move to a 4-3. This guy looks like he is unblockable now and has upside - love this kid

Author:  Suwanee88 [ Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Steelers first round pick will be...

Walter Football has us taking Lamar Jackson

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/