It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: National Championship
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:19 am 

Not much love for the Tide on this esteemed website. I like the Tide; I like Saban....and I was VERY confident they would be winning this so-called tournament as soon as they gained entry.

Georgia must've thought they had this game...up 3 points, 'Bama facing 2nd & 26 with an unreliable kicker on their sideline. What a freakin' ending!!

Roll Tide!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:55 am 

There is absolutely no excuse to be in pure Cover 2 in that 2nd and 26. Even if the players had executed, your best case scenario is a 1 on 1 WR vs Safety jump ball in the end zone with the game on the line. Why? Why are you not in cover 2 man with a spy on Tua? Why are you not in 4 deep? Cover 2 is perhaps the last thing that should have been called.

I feel so bad for Georgia's players. Their coaching staff did not put them in a position to win, even if they had executed. From not blitzing on Bama's 4th and 3 touchdown pass, to Sony Michel not touching the ball in the final 3 drives despite vastly outperforming Chubb, to this nonsensical Cover 2 call on 2nd and 26 against a team with a bad field goal kicker, it was a mess of a coaching job.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:39 am 

SteelKnife wrote:
There is absolutely no excuse to be in pure Cover 2 in that 2nd and 26. Even if the players had executed, your best case scenario is a 1 on 1 WR vs Safety jump ball in the end zone with the game on the line. Why? Why are you not in cover 2 man with a spy on Tua? Why are you not in 4 deep? Cover 2 is perhaps the last thing that should have been called.

I feel so bad for Georgia's players. Their coaching staff did not put them in a position to win, even if they had executed. From not blitzing on Bama's 4th and 3 touchdown pass, to Sony Michel not touching the ball in the final 3 drives despite vastly outperforming Chubb, to this nonsensical Cover 2 call on 2nd and 26 against a team with a bad field goal kicker, it was a mess of a coaching job.

So true Knife. I told my brother and friends that the game was lost @ the 7:35 mark when the score was 20-10 due to the fact that they decided to rollout the wildcat (wilddawg) and run it twice around an up the gut run on an Alabama D that was sitting on the run at the moment. They removed all threats of the pass by having Fromm split out wide. They then punted short and Bama went straight down and kicked a FG but almost had a TD. This signaled the beginning of the end for the Dawgs.

Kirby and co. crapped the bed and there is no other way to put it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:09 pm 

Stillcajun wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:

So true Knife. I told my brother and friends that the game was lost @ the 7:35 mark when the score was 20-10 due to the fact that they decided to rollout the wildcat (wilddawg) and run it twice around an up the gut run on an Alabama D that was sitting on the run at the moment. They removed all threats of the pass by having Fromm split out wide. They then punted short and Bama went straight down and kicked a FG but almost had a TD. This signaled the beginning of the end for the Dawgs.

Kirby and co. crapped the bed and there is no other way to put it.

I don't follow CFB but I Agree- major turtle ball. From what I saw it looked like GA didn't call any blitzes in the 2nd half...basically let the backup QB be pretty comfortable