It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drama Mockingale
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:50 pm 

1.) Tremaine Edmunds 6’5 236 ILB Virginia Tech- Fast riser and will rise faster if he tears up the combine. As I stated in a previous mock, this kid’s size and potential to play various positions in the front 7 intrigues me. Way cool that Shazier was at practice today. Hopefully, one day soon that wheelchair will no longer be there with him.

3T.) Terrell Edmunds 6’2 220 S Virginia Tech- I don’t have a brother, but if I did I’m guessing it would be way cool to play HS, college, and pro ball on the same team with him. This Edmunds brother is a big, fast, safety that can really hit and cover. Gutted out a knee injury before missing last few games of the season. Dig this kid. Seriously hoping Mike Mitchell is not on my football team next season.

3) Lorenzo Carter 6’6 245 EDGE Georgia- “Carter again Drama?” And again. And again. And again. He and his fellow seniors deserved a better fate after selflessly buying into Kirby’s rhetoric and returning for their senior year. My ‘dawgs came up just short, but helluva finish Monday night.

4T) Josh Sweat 6’5 250 EDGE Florida St- Declared early for draft despite possible medical red flag on knee issue dating back to HS. Kid is wicked fast and a tremendous athlete. I’d roll the dice if he falls to day 3. Now, look at the second level SIZE ‘ol Drama is giving you here. TJ Watt, Edmunds, Carter, and this Sweat kid all tall trees standing over 6’5. Deal with that, Brady you little bitch.

5T) Ian Thomas 6’5 248 TE Indiana- Pretty good game Indiana gave my Buckeyes to kick off the football season. Couple nice redzone TDs from Thomas in that one. Youtube is your friend if you want to see some speed on an 80 yd TD against GA Southern. Vance and the Outlaw are very upgradable.

5.) Mark Walton 5’9 205 RB Miami- James Connor beat cancer. He was overdrafted because of it, but still a tremendous story. Sob story city here with this forgotten name. This Walton kid lost his mom to a stroke this past year. Dad murdered. Brother died. Flourished under former dawg boss Mark Richt. Missed half of season due to ankle injury but declared for draft anyway. Another deep draft for rbs, but I’d keep the proven commodity in Bell.

7T) Tony Brown 6’0 198 CB Alabama- If Al Davis were still alive this kid would be a first round pick. Speed baby, speed. 100 meter and relay track star. Don’t let that fool you. Kid can tackle. Of course he’s a former 5 star recruit, but he’s more than that, I think he could be the steal of the draft.

7) Shaquem Griffin 6’1 223 LB UCF- Bleeding heart I have. What can I say I’m a sucker for a good story. Don’t get much better than Shaq here. Kid was born with a rare disease that caused him to have his hand amputated when he was just 4 years old yet still led UCF to an undefeated season. Dig this kid. Hell, if he weren’t just a sophomore, I’d draft Jake Olson, the blind long snapper for the USC Trojans too. Even blind, he's gotta be better than the stiff they burned a pick on last year.

Thanks for reading. Still exhausted from the national title game. Hopefully Steelers/Jags is a lot less stressful.

Post subject: Re: Drama Mockingale
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 am 

Love this mock and everyone in it. No way Ian Thomas lasts til Round 5 though. He is the Hoosiers best eligible prospect and an elite TE in this class. He's going to be a better pro than he was in college I have no doubt about it. I think he goes on Day 2. He is attending the Senior Bowl and I think he is really going to turn some heads. The one thing he needs to work in blocking but half the TE's in the NFL block anymore.

Love the Edmunds brothers and think both will be good pros. I think both could be absolute beasts in the nickel package the Steelers like to run.

Love the Carter and Sweat picks, we need guys for depth and to push the incumbent Bud Dupree.

Really like the Mark Walton pick too if we don't keep Bell. I think the combination of Conner and Walton would be a good 1-2 punch. I think you and I are both on the same page that we need a better option for a change of pace, 3rd down back. Walton fits this mold well and a guy I've really liked for a while now is D'Ernest Johnson from South Florida. I want a guy with really good speed and both of these guys have that and run extremely hard despite their size.

Love the Tony Brown pick. Hell of an athlete who could become good depth.

Love Griffin too. Great story but he's one heck of an athlete and playmaker in his own right. He's the guy you'd love to have in the locker room.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:15 pm 

Thanks again Drama for doing this. Gives me a start to research some CFB players.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:15 pm 

Trade up for Tremaine Edmunds if we have to. I love this kid.