It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: It’s Opening Day...
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:20 pm 

They aren’t going to sit Polanco, and they aren’t going to trade him. He’s being “paid” greatly by Pittsburgh Nutting standards, so he’s going to play.
But...does everyone remember several seasons ago when this board was ablaze over starting the season with Polanco in AAA, when he was the obvious missing link to a Pirates World Series appearance?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:38 am 

bam morris wrote:
slip sliding away... :?

amazing Polanco has not improved one bit. in fact hes worse.
bucs blew lead yesterday with god awful pitching late in game; walking guys like a blind drunk on the hill. closing in on 500 ball then under in june.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:22 pm 

Buccos facing Sandy Koufax today... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:09 pm 

Joe Maddon is a giant douchebag!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:59 pm 

I know hes had limited action this year but damn..meadows looks amazing...sheeez what a debut..
how long before the yanks offer bucs some cash and scrubs for him and they accept it.?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:09 pm 

bam morris wrote:
I know hes had limited action this year but damn..meadows looks amazing...sheeez what a debut..
how long before the yanks offer bucs some cash and scrubs for him and they accept it.?

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/pittsburgh-pirates/payroll/

Bob Nutting showed me something when he dumped Frankie's salary by trading away prospects.
Note: Another Frankie is now the top paid Pirate - Cervelli.

If you're the Nut, why not package Meadows with Cervelli and J-Hay and cut about 1/4 of your payroll?
I'm sure we could get some more pitchers because, according to NH, you can't have too much pitching.
I'm thinking some A-ball dudes that can throw about 95 because nobody can throw 95 anymore -- they throw 100 today.

Plus, think about all NH could do with all that "financial flexibility." Probably could throw a party for all the scouts as a reward for all their good work finding guys like Meadows to tease the fans with the next 5-year plan, you know. Of course, NH wouldn't want to spoil them -- maybe only charge them 50 cents a dog on dollar dog night -- with the understood up charge for each desired condiment.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:09 pm 

Bling Collector Ben wrote:
bam morris wrote:

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/pittsburgh-pirates/payroll/

Bob Nutting showed me something when he dumped Frankie's salary by trading away prospects.
Note: Another Frankie is now the top paid Pirate - Cervelli.

If you're the Nut, why not package Meadows with Cervelli and J-Hay and cut about 1/4 of your payroll?
I'm sure we could get some more pitchers because, according to NH, you can't have too much pitching.
I'm thinking some A-ball dudes that can throw about 95 because nobody can throw 95 anymore -- they throw 100 today.

Plus, think about all NH could do with all that "financial flexibility." Probably could throw a party for all the scouts as a reward for all their good work finding guys like Meadows to tease the fans with the next 5-year plan, you know. Of course, NH wouldn't want to spoil them -- maybe only charge them 50 cents a dog on dollar dog night -- with the understood up charge for each desired condiment.

Agree-

The more money the Nut makes, the better for the Pirates.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:12 pm 

bam morris wrote:

It is certainly better for MLB if the Yankees are champs so absolutely we should trade him to the Yanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:42 pm 

bucs up 2-1 vs cubs in bottom of 8th...I fully exspect the pen to blow this in 9th... :?
Musgrove with another fine start..

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:47 pm 

Musgrove is a fucking stud!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 49  Next