It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1740
Remember when this team didn’t have a chance?

Welcome your 2018 Stanley Cup Candidate Pittsburgh Penguins!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8891
Well that was fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10477
Orangesteel wrote:
What a great couple min from the pens.

HANS GRUBAUER!

they getting the spurtability back more often these days.fun to watch...pens we have grown to love!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:03 pm
Posts: 382
Location: Born and raised "Yinzer" living in OKC!
I don't know what the rest of yinz think, but Lipps is making a strong run for this seasons Pens MVP. Turned our season around with the game thread mojo he has go'in on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1740
Steelersfan wrote:
I don't know what the rest of yinz think, but Lipps is making a strong run for this seasons Pens MVP. Turned our season around with the game thread mojo he has go'in on.


All about the positive vibe, brother.

When you look for a reason to be negative, you’ll invariably find one.

Stay positive, and you’ll see the good things the team has to offer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16324
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
I don't know what the rest of yinz think, but Lipps is making a strong run for this seasons Pens MVP. Turned our season around with the game thread mojo he has go'in on.


All about the positive vibe, brother.

When you look for a reason to be negative, you’ll invariably find one.

Stay positive, and you’ll see the good things the team has to offer.

Can you give that a shot with stillers.com over there on the ZoneBlitz page?

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8891
^

That team is fucked. The Pens are Pittsburgh’s team and have been for a number of years now.

Pens need to keep winning and stay healthy. I think Sully has dialed in the lines. Oleksiak was an stellar pick up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Like I said back in October-November...this is why I don’t pay any mind to how the team is doing until right about this time of year.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2839
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
All about the positive vibe, brother.

When you look for a reason to be negative, you’ll invariably find one.

Stay positive, and you’ll see the good things the team has to offer.


As bad as the team was through the 2017 season it is understandable to be critical.
They were no fun to watch-the compete level was sad. So much so that the coach seemed to be the only one who seemed pissed off.
Am I glad that they seem to have turned it around-fuck yes! Still though, it was disappointing and brutal to watch a championship caliber team sleep walk through the first half of the season.
I'll give praise when due and call them out when they aren't giving the effort.

Jeemie wrote:
Like I said back in October-November...this is why I don’t pay any mind to how the team is doing until right about this time of year.


Wow, it is easy to make such a proclamation months earlier then finally come around when the team is doing well to say 'I told you so.'


One last thing, 17 goals in 15 games-Malkin.
Hardly any of you are giving him any due. I get it.
I'm sure if Crosby were on this tear most of you would be making multiple trips to the store to get extra napkins because you squirted all over yourselves constantly.

_________________
Zone Blitz - Steelers Football Discussion
Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers (Off topic threads not permitted and this forum will be strictly moderated. Threads containing political, religious or racial remarks won't be tolerated.)
Yeah, right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8891
I love Geno and appreciate how he’s said “fuck it” and turned this thing around almost by himself. And the best thing about Geno is that he seems like an awesome teammate. Immense talent and awesome teammate, can’t ask for more than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 1090
The league is on notice - the pens got their groove back


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2839
Orangesteel wrote:
I love Geno and appreciate how he’s said “fuck it” and turned this thing around almost by himself. And the best thing about Geno is that he seems like an awesome teammate. Immense talent and awesome teammate, can’t ask for more than that.


And Kessel doesn't get enough credit either. He carried the offensive load the first third + of the season and is still continuing his stellar play.
Not lost in all this is that Crosby has been on a real stretch of fine play as well. His point total the past three weeks is insane. Credit Sullivan for finding a way to get him going and I believe it started with Simon being given a spot next to the franchise.
Of course the big three want to be great and win championships-we have seen it for a long stretch right now.

What we saw Malkin do in January is something I doubt we ever see from him again, so I want to cherish it for as long as possible.

_________________
Zone Blitz - Steelers Football Discussion
Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers (Off topic threads not permitted and this forum will be strictly moderated. Threads containing political, religious or racial remarks won't be tolerated.)
Yeah, right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8891
+1

No doubt whatsoever the entire team is playing better. The late November through December stretch was bad. Worst hockey they have played since pre-Sully Disco Dan firing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Orangesteel wrote:
+1

No doubt whatsoever the entire team is playing better. The late November through December stretch was bad. Worst hockey they have played since pre-Sully Disco Dan firing.


At just the right time...not only moving into playoff form, but enjoyable as hell watching this team after the Steelers swoon.

Hell...FOUR 3rd period goals last night, none of them an empty-netter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8891
Maybe that’s why Fraudlin butt fucked the divisional round away...so he can watch moar hockey:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16324
Orangesteel wrote:
^

That team is fucked. The Pens are Pittsburgh’s team and have been for a number of years now.

Pens need to keep winning and stay healthy. I think Sully has dialed in the lines. Oleksiak was an stellar pick up.

Sheehan too, truth be told. Those are the kind of pickups that win you cups.

Rutherford better live forever and keep working his magic, because that guy has got 'it'.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Orangesteel wrote:
Maybe that’s why Fraudlin butt fucked the divisional round away...so he can watch moar hockey:


Maybe that's it, Orange!! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16324
Orangesteel wrote:
I love Geno and appreciate how he’s said “fuck it” and turned this thing around almost by himself. And the best thing about Geno is that he seems like an awesome teammate. Immense talent and awesome teammate, can’t ask for more than that.

My favorite player, but you could probably have guessed... terminally underrated and overlooked, capable of heights few if any can reach, great teammate, clutch player.

Quote:
He’s 17th in PPG all-time, and only trails Peter Forsberg & Sidney Crosby among players who started in the dead puck era. 3rd in goals & points since he’s been in the NHL. Won Calder, Hart, Pearson, & Ross 2x, Oh and has a Conn Smythe & 3 cups.

#notTop100 #notAllStar #joke

Also, since dead puck era began:
8th in HTs (14)
15th in multi-point games (288)
8th in 3pt games (99)
8th in 4 pt games (25) (the top 20 of this list is all slam-dunk HOFers)
5th in 5 pt games (7)

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8891
Agreed on all counts, Will.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
fractalsteel wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
All about the positive vibe, brother.

When you look for a reason to be negative, you’ll invariably find one.

Stay positive, and you’ll see the good things the team has to offer.


As bad as the team was through the 2017 season it is understandable to be critical.
They were no fun to watch-the compete level was sad. So much so that the coach seemed to be the only one who seemed pissed off.
Am I glad that they seem to have turned it around-fuck yes! Still though, it was disappointing and brutal to watch a championship caliber team sleep walk through the first half of the season.
I'll give praise when due and call them out when they aren't giving the effort.

Jeemie wrote:
Like I said back in October-November...this is why I don’t pay any mind to how the team is doing until right about this time of year.


Wow, it is easy to make such a proclamation months earlier then finally come around when the team is doing well to say 'I told you so.'


One last thing, 17 goals in 15 games-Malkin.
Hardly any of you are giving him any due. I get it.
I'm sure if Crosby were on this tear most of you would be making multiple trips to the store to get extra napkins because you squirted all over yourselves constantly.


The difference is I didn’t guarantee the team would be doing well right now.

All I said was, when people were losing their shit in October-November was “Wait until Jan-Feb. If they’re still playing this poorly, THEN will be the time to worry”.

I never worry about how a hockey team is doing until at least halfway through the season.

Hockey’s a half-season sport.

Really only the last month or two sport...and then the post-season.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2839
I understand your point about the last half(or less) being the most important part of the season. Yet all the games count the same and every year there are a half dozen teams that fail to make the playoffs and I'll wager that a majority of them would kill for different results in Oct/Nov/ Dec.
Look at Tampa last year. Got off really badly and had to make a run at the end. They failed to make it to the tourney by ONE point and they played in the ECF the year prior.

Not to mention that the fans that follow them all year and those 18,000 thousand that show up to every game in Oct/Nov/Dec. They deserve a team that plays hard and tries night in night out.
This edition of the Pens cheated their fans the first half of the year with lousy/lazy play.
I can accept losing close games as long as the effort is there. When your team is consistently losing 5-1/7-2/10-1 etc and they are the defending two time champs they you have a right to get angry and worry.

And it has only been ten games since the Pens turned it around. Prior to that they were floating around .500 and on the playoff cusp.

Do I think the team has turned the corner? Mostly likely but after last nights impressive display and their determination to overcome comeback after comeback by the Caps I want to see how they respond in a difficult place tonight in Jersey.

_________________
Zone Blitz - Steelers Football Discussion
Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers (Off topic threads not permitted and this forum will be strictly moderated. Threads containing political, religious or racial remarks won't be tolerated.)
Yeah, right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
I'm making no comments about what I think will happen the rest of the way. Actually I'll make one comment. Simply repeating was hard enough. Threepeating in this day and age is even harder. That's a lot of extra games over three years.

I was simply saying that I wasn't going to overly worry about the Penguins in October.

They're now at least playing at a level where I can reasonably expect they'll be competitive in the postseason.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group