It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1944
Kessel, Geno,and Sid all tied for 4th in league scoring at 66 a piece (Kucherov leads with 76).

Malkin is second in the league in goals with 32 (Ovechkin has 34).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 3004
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Kopitar gave up on that empty net goal. Sure looked like he had a chance to get back and check Malkin, and instead loafed towards the puck. We'll take it.


If you are assigning blame you should mention Iafallo who was closer to the net and did just as little.

I would argue that Kopitar was the best player on the ice last night. Certainly he was the hardest to play against.

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Kessel, Geno,and Sid all tied for 4th in league scoring at 66 a piece (Kucherov leads with 76).

Malkin is second in the league in goals with 32 (Ovechkin has 34).


Which means they probably cancel each other out when it comes to MVP consideration. I would still pick Kessel as the Pens player for such.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1944
I don't really get the impression anyone is really even thinking about MVP consideration, to be honest.

I know I haven't heard it mentioned at all in the circle of friends I talk to about hockey. I haven't seen any mentions of it in the media that I read (which admittedly isn't much).

I honestly wasn't even thinking about it when I made that post.

Personally, I think that's all a good thing, as I think everyone (fans and players) are only focused on winning as many games as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16789
fractalsteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Kopitar gave up on that empty net goal. Sure looked like he had a chance to get back and check Malkin, and instead loafed towards the puck. We'll take it.


If you are assigning blame you should mention Iafallo who was closer to the net and did just as little.

I would argue that Kopitar was the best player on the ice last night. Certainly he was the hardest to play against.

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Kessel, Geno,and Sid all tied for 4th in league scoring at 66 a piece (Kucherov leads with 76).

Malkin is second in the league in goals with 32 (Ovechkin has 34).


Which means they probably cancel each other out when it comes to MVP consideration. I would still pick Kessel as the Pens player for such.

Iafallo at least tried to check Rust, didn't he? Kopitar must have been out of gas, because he glided in the "controller disconnected" mode.

Agreed, though, that Kopitar played great otherwise. He and Sid had a nice battle going.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 3004
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
I don't really get the impression anyone is really even thinking about MVP consideration, to be honest.

I know I haven't heard it mentioned at all in the circle of friends I talk to about hockey. I haven't seen any mentions of it in the media that I read (which admittedly isn't much).

I honestly wasn't even thinking about it when I made that post.

Personally, I think that's all a good thing, as I think everyone (fans and players) are only focused on winning as many games as possible.



It's that time of the year when MVP talk starts up.

No clear cut favorite this year. Kucherov is probably the favorite though.
Couturier probably is the most improved-biggest surprise of the season.

And is it important to players, fans and teams? You bet, otherwise why would the Pens organization put banners up celebrating MVP's and league scoring champions?

I get it, this club is about winning championships and I'll wager none of the top three are worried about winning secondary things at this time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1944
fractalsteel wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
I don't really get the impression anyone is really even thinking about MVP consideration, to be honest.

I know I haven't heard it mentioned at all in the circle of friends I talk to about hockey. I haven't seen any mentions of it in the media that I read (which admittedly isn't much).

I honestly wasn't even thinking about it when I made that post.

Personally, I think that's all a good thing, as I think everyone (fans and players) are only focused on winning as many games as possible.



It's that time of the year when MVP talk starts up.

No clear cut favorite this year. Kucherov is probably the favorite though.
Couturier probably is the most improved-biggest surprise of the season.

And is it important to players, fans and teams? You bet, otherwise why would the Pens organization put banners up celebrating MVP's and league scoring champions?

I get it, this club is about winning championships and I'll wager none of the top three are worried about winning secondary things at this time.



The bolded is what I'm saying. Of course the organization is going to recognize those things. And in a different year, I have no doubt the fans and media around here would be talking about it (as they did the previous two years).

I'm just saying this year feels different. I'm guessing it's because of the slow start. Fans/media went from being convinced this team had no shot this year and basically resigning themselves to either missing playoffs or getting bounced early, to suddenly getting excited about a playoff run.

I just think any MVP talks are so far back in everyone's minds right now that it's completely irrelevant when put in the context of how this team has evolved as the season has gone along.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1765
bam morris wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Team is coming on HOT. Look out, bitches.


:D :D
getting that familiar mojo..


I'd call it reverting to the mean. Even with the recent great play, the Pens still rank dead last in the NHL in PDO (Shooting Percentage + Save Percentage). It's amazing how snakebit the Pens were early on.
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10709
Pabst wrote:
bam morris wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Team is coming on HOT. Look out, bitches.


:D :D
getting that familiar mojo..


I'd call it reverting to the mean. Even with the recent great play, the Pens still rank dead last in the NHL in PDO (Shooting Percentage + Save Percentage). It's amazing how snakebit the Pens were early on.
Image



even better!!!
time they get hot is coming soon..3 peat!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group