It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
I don't really get the impression anyone is really even thinking about MVP consideration, to be honest.

I know I haven't heard it mentioned at all in the circle of friends I talk to about hockey. I haven't seen any mentions of it in the media that I read (which admittedly isn't much).

I honestly wasn't even thinking about it when I made that post.

Personally, I think that's all a good thing, as I think everyone (fans and players) are only focused on winning as many games as possible.

It's that time of the year when MVP talk starts up.

No clear cut favorite this year. Kucherov is probably the favorite though.
Couturier probably is the most improved-biggest surprise of the season.

And is it important to players, fans and teams? You bet, otherwise why would the Pens organization put banners up celebrating MVP's and league scoring champions?

I get it, this club is about winning championships and I'll wager none of the top three are worried about winning secondary things at this time.

The bolded is what I'm saying. Of course the organization is going to recognize those things. And in a different year, I have no doubt the fans and media around here would be talking about it (as they did the previous two years).

I'm just saying this year feels different. I'm guessing it's because of the slow start. Fans/media went from being convinced this team had no shot this year and basically resigning themselves to either missing playoffs or getting bounced early, to suddenly getting excited about a playoff run.

I just think any MVP talks are so far back in everyone's minds right now that it's completely irrelevant when put in the context of how this team has evolved as the season has gone along.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:47 pm 

bam morris wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Team is coming on HOT. Look out, bitches.

:D :D
getting that familiar mojo..

I'd call it reverting to the mean. Even with the recent great play, the Pens still rank dead last in the NHL in PDO (Shooting Percentage + Save Percentage). It's amazing how snakebit the Pens were early on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:03 pm 

Pabst wrote:
bam morris wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Team is coming on HOT. Look out, bitches.

:D :D
getting that familiar mojo..

I'd call it reverting to the mean. Even with the recent great play, the Pens still rank dead last in the NHL in PDO (Shooting Percentage + Save Percentage). It's amazing how snakebit the Pens were early on.

even better!!!
time they get hot is coming soon..3 peat!!