It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Panthers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
Easily some of the most blatant incompetence or one-sided officiating I've ever seen.
I'm embarrassed for this league.

Hunwick is the worst player in the NHL.

THIS times 1000.

I just came here to write EXACTLY the same thing.

Missed offside in final minute
Hornqvist goal-- stretched the rule to make it fit, when all the guy was doing was shoving the puck
missed 6 men on the ice 2x, one of which was absurd... the extra guy was in his own zone, totally out of the neutral zone
Missed at least 3 calls that would have given the Pens a PP
Missed offside 2x on Florida

Bullshit

and Hunwick is legit bad. Like, he needs to be released bad.

...missed icing in final minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:44 am 

I find it interesting that some are blaming the loss on the refs. Sure they missed a good bit including too many men on the ice(on both sides) but the Pens dug their own hole.
Jarry did the team no good with the last two goals he let in. The D men were caught up ice too many times and some of the forwards were awful in their own end.

The Pens allowed 6 goals-you won't win too many games when that happens.

It was a nice comeback though and speaks about this team at this point in the season.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:11 am 

fractalsteel wrote:
I find it interesting that some are blaming the loss on the refs. Sure they missed a good bit including too many men on the ice(on both sides) but the Pens dug their own hole.
Jarry did the team no good with the last two goals he let in. The D men were caught up ice too many times and some of the forwards were awful in their own end.

The Pens allowed 6 goals-you won't win too many games when that happens.

It was a nice comeback though and speaks about this team at this point in the season.

In Pittsburgh for the weekend, so saw game on local TV including Sullivan's postgame. How refreshing to listen to a guy that knows what the fuck he's talking about, answers honestly, and doesn't bullshit....unlike the "It wasn't my fault," approach of Mike Tomlin.

Anyway, he was asked about the Penguins firepower. His answer was balanced, first saying something to the effect of not being able to score your way into winning consistently....but acknowledging they have the capacity to never be out of a game.

Interesting, he was asked about the no goal, specifically that the challenge was for Goaltender Interference and did this challenge extend into pushing the pad into the net. His answer was a simple, "I don't know," which actually seemed to be an honest response.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:20 am 

a few of you have talked about breaking up the line of Hagelin-Malkin-Rust but I don't know about that -- they are lethal together

last night also confirmed that JR will definitely make a move for another defenseman before the deadline -- losing Cole definitely hurt but we should be able to lessen the blow with another trade -- still have $2M under the cap

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:53 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
I didn't like hunwick before this game and now I absolutely hate him

And like it or lump it, that was the correct call on the horny no goal. You cannot push the puck AND the pad/goalie into the net

You can't push THE GOALIE into the net. Says nothing about his pad. Also, he pushed the puck. His stick was on the puck and the puck was not frozen.

That rule was put in place for an entirely different situation. Goalie makes save and then a guy comes crashing the net, runs into goalie and knocks him into net.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:54 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

And like it or lump it, that was the correct call on the horny no goal. You cannot push the puck AND the pad/goalie into the net

Hunwick directly gave up one and possibly two of those goals, simply from abandoning his position on the ice and getting mesmerized by the play.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:10 pm 

A lot of Sullivan's commentary in this article....

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/peng ... 1802240119

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:15 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

sullys a rock star..
getting ahead of self..but say pens 3peat...are pens then the pats of nhl? one could argue so..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:38 pm 

bam morris wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

sullys a rock star..
getting ahead of self..but say pens 3peat...are pens then the pats of nhl? one could argue so..

No, they’re the Pens of the NHL...unless you are suggesting that they’re cheating...
Hmmm, how does one deflate a hockey puck? :?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:05 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

You can't push THE GOALIE into the net. Says nothing about his pad. Also, he pushed the puck. His stick was on the puck and the puck was not frozen.

That rule was put in place for an entirely different situation. Goalie makes save and then a guy comes crashing the net, runs into goalie and knocks him into net.

Did you see the pens TV feed where they referenced the rule before the third period? It specifically references this exact play. You cannot push ANY PART of the goalie in (pad, head, dick, etc) in simultaneously with the puck. The rule is very simple and clear on this. And I hate to pull this card too, but I referee hockey.. It's a clear no goal

Anyway as stated above the pens didn't lose bc of the refs, they dug themselves a hole and Jarry was below average

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next