steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10300
Page 4 of 5

Author:  Hacksaw Jim Duggan [ Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Donnie Brasco wrote:
And onto Brassard... He screwed up a couple of times on the pk with clearing attempts. Not surprising since he rarely got time there prior to coming here. He's got a good hockey iq so he'll pick it up

As for his even strength play.. Certainly working some kinks out with Kessel. Compounding the issue are rust and Simon going down... Will be a revolving door at lw for that 3rd line


If they're going with Sheary Sid and Guentzel, I'd give him Kessel and Rust

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
And onto Brassard... He screwed up a couple of times on the pk with clearing attempts. Not surprising since he rarely got time there prior to coming here. He's got a good hockey iq so he'll pick it up

As for his even strength play.. Certainly working some kinks out with Kessel. Compounding the issue are rust and Simon going down... Will be a revolving door at lw for that 3rd line


If they're going with Sheary Sid and Guentzel, I'd give him Kessel and Rust


Problem is that Rust isn't as strong as lw.
We're deep on the right side but not the left. Plus rust might be out for a couple of games

Author:  Suwanee88 [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Even though he got hurt tonight, D Simon has been impressive since returning. Good problem to have!

Author:  Hacksaw Jim Duggan [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Suwanee88 wrote:
Even though he got hurt tonight, D Simon has been impressive since returning. Good problem to have!


That lines been kind of a shit show, tbh. He's not playing particularly well. Skating hard but has been ineffective with and without the puck.

On a related note, there was a specific instance in the 2nd period where Simon lost his stick. It went flying into the Flyers zone. The Flyers were quickly rushing the puck to the Penguins zone. Simon had two options here.

1) Skate to the bench and have a player relieve him
2) Skate to the bench and quickly grab a new stick

Guess what he chose?

Option 3.

Simon skated ALL THE WAY into the Flyers zone and allllllll the way back to the Penguins end, effectively giving the Flyers a mini power play for about 15 seconds.

Not a good look.

Author:  Hacksaw Jim Duggan [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
And onto Brassard... He screwed up a couple of times on the pk with clearing attempts. Not surprising since he rarely got time there prior to coming here. He's got a good hockey iq so he'll pick it up

As for his even strength play.. Certainly working some kinks out with Kessel. Compounding the issue are rust and Simon going down... Will be a revolving door at lw for that 3rd line


If they're going with Sheary Sid and Guentzel, I'd give him Kessel and Rust


Problem is that Rust isn't as strong as lw.
We're deep on the right side but not the left. Plus rust might be out for a couple of games


Naturally when he's back. It'd make more sense to keep him in the top 9 on his offwing than it would to bump him to L4.

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Steelersfan wrote:
Luv ya Beth, but need your team to choke tonight. Or need the Pens defense to show up the rest of the game. Or like Hacksaw says, no mental errors. D needs to win this one for us.


They did, Pens have a special gear, the turn on speed and fast opportunity pouncing on opposition mistakes is killer.

Flyers have a lot of lapses when it comes to playing elite teams still, and that is a skill issue in the bottom lines.

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Flyers are the Bengals of the NHL. Always trying to get out of Pittaburgh’s shadow, and when they realize they’re still our bitches, they goon it up.


It was shoe on the other foot for the first 25 years, you must of forgotten that, but it's all different now and will be until this Pens team is long since broken up and retired 8-)

Author:  Zeke5123 [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

ZAR could be a good look as L3. Solid puck retriever, decent net front prescence, and some finish. You see the play making with Brassard but hasn’t quite clicked. It’ll get there. Adding a puck retriever will help.

I then go Rust R4. First, Rusty is capable of moving up the lines at any moment. Second, he instantly makes the fourth line credible. Thirdly, keeps him fresh for PK.

Finally, Maatta was god awful.

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Zeke5123 wrote:
ZAR could be a good look as L3. Solid puck retriever, decent net front prescence, and some finish. You see the play making with Brassard but hasn’t quite clicked. It’ll get there. Adding a puck retriever will help.

I then go Rust R4. First, Rusty is capable of moving up the lines at any moment. Second, he instantly makes the fourth line credible. Thirdly, keeps him fresh for PK.

Finally, Maatta was god awful.


Yeah but it sounds like ZAR is out for awhile, so I wouldn't be penciling him in ANYWHERE for your playoff lineup

Author:  fractalsteel [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

I thought ZAR was skating at least but with an upper body injury who knows.
Now, if Simon and Rust are out for a while that means Sully can play a favorite in Rowney but who do they call up? That should be interesting.

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

fractalsteel wrote:
I thought ZAR was skating at least but with an upper body injury who knows.
Now, if Simon and Rust are out for a while that means Sully can play a favorite in Rowney but who do they call up? That should be interesting.


Believe they only have 1 more callup remaining????

Author:  Hacksaw Jim Duggan [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

I think you can have unlimited call ups because of injuries. IDK if that would play into it.

Author:  fractalsteel [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Looked it up: after the trade deadline you can call anyone up as long as they one of your 50 players under contract. I'm guessing that means the big team along with WBS.

Author:  Ice [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Jooris called up?

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Ice wrote:
Jooris called up?


Yes on an emergency basis

Author:  bam morris [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

pens still in 1st after last nights results!

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Barf on the lines per Mackey

Penguins lines/pairs:
Guentzel-Crosby-Sheary
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Sheahan-Brassard-Kessel
Kuhnhackl-Jooris-Rowney

Defense rotating. Has been:
Dumoulin-Letang
Oleksiak-Schultz
Maatta-Ruhwedel

Author:  fractalsteel [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Barf on the lines per Mackey

Penguins lines/pairs:
Guentzel-Crosby-Sheary
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Sheahan-Brassard-Kessel
Kuhnhackl-Jooris-Rowney

Defense rotating. Has been:
Dumoulin-Letang
Oleksiak-Schultz
Maatta-Ruhwedel



That is a lousy fourth line. I shudder to think what Toronto might do with their two top lines against this unit. Keep em' away Sully if you can.

Author:  Hacksaw Jim Duggan [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

With the injuries, that's the best lineup they can field. You're wasting Sheahan if you're putting him with Jooris, Kuhn, or Rowney. That being said, I'm hoping Jooris can surprise.

Author:  Orangesteel [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Flyers 3-7-18

OK. If Sheary starts playing better and up to his skill set I really like our top 9 going into the playoffs. If ZAR gets healthy, even better.

What I am worrying about more is our goaltender situation. I didn’t realize how good we had it the last two seasons until seeing what MAF has done in the desert. Glad we brought home the hardware while we had two of the best in net.

Page 4 of 5 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/