It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pens V Bolts
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 pm 

Not a fan of that call, at all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 pm 

Come on Malkin, you have to play that smarter.
Playing with fire.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:35 pm 

Woo! A kill.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:49 pm 

They have to win this game. I mean this is absurd.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:03 pm 

Top guys played a lot of minutes through the first two.

I have seen enough of Wilson/ZAR and Grant. If this is the best we have coming out of the farm then the future is fucked. Look what Tampa has done with the draft the past half decade.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:36 pm 

I want to accuse Maatta of dogging it to that puck to get the icing...but I think he's just that slow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:39 pm 

Blah.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:43 pm 

This team is a train wreck l

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:00 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
Top guys played a lot of minutes through the first two.

I have seen enough of Wilson/ZAR and Grant. If this is the best we have coming out of the farm then the future is fucked. Look what Tampa has done with the draft the past half decade.

This. I said a few games ago our bottom six look like they haven’t scored a goal since bantams.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:46 pm 

Why is Wilson in the fuckin lineup while sprong eats nachos?

God forbid we attempt to replace sids offense with a winger who can do something with the puck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:49 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Why is Wilson in the fuckin lineup while sprong eats nachos?

God forbid we attempt to replace sids offense with a winger who can do something with the puck

Agreed. 100 percent. I haven’t fact checked it but I just read on the Reddit post game that Wilson has played 40 NHL games and doesn’t have a single point.

Where in the fucking hell is the “depth” this team had during our Canadian road trip three weeks ago?

We are tied for last place in the east. Even during last season’s November rut it didn’t get tied for last place bad.

We need a major revamp. Rust, Maata, Sheehan, JJ, hell even Brassard when he comes back hasn’t really done shit in Pittsburgh. This isn’t looking good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:55 am 

Incredible how fast this team has come back to earth. Tampa is so much better than us and that’s with their backup goalie. Their #1 may be the best goalie in the game!

I hate to say it, but looking back to last year, the Brassard trade really fucked the chemistry of the team. We were peaking going into the trade deadline and he didn’t do shit and he is now non existent.

Today, we are a much slower team and got slower this week with Hags gone. Not sure what’s up with Murray either.

Time to change. It ain’t 2016 anymore. With the league copying our success and everyone so fast, what about going the other way? Defense, hard hitting, make fast guys pay. I don’t know, grasping at straws right now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:09 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Incredible how fast this team has come back to earth. Tampa is so much better than us and that’s with their backup goalie. Their #1 may be the best goalie in the game!

I hate to say it, but looking back to last year, the Brassard trade really fucked the chemistry of the team. We were peaking going into the trade deadline and he didn’t do shit and he is now non existent.

Today, we are a much slower team and got slower this week with Hags gone. Not sure what’s up with Murray either.

Time to change. It ain’t 2016 anymore. With the league copying our success and everyone so fast, what about going the other way? Defense, hard hitting, make fast guys pay. I don’t know, grasping at straws right now.

There's some truth to our team speed. Everyone is copying so we aren't the fastest anymore.

The trick is to adjust and adapt. To know what beats and counters what you have created.

Sully is failing at this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:18 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

Funny thing, the Pens played their best hockey this year(the Canada trip) with Brassard playing. He had something like 5 points in that trip. Without him we have sucked this year. Just saying.
We played Tampa even last night 5 on 5.

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Sully is failing at this.

Been saying that since last year. Sullivan needs to re-evaluate his style because teams have caught on and his adjustments stink of Bylsma in some regards.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:06 pm 

And look I am a huge Hags fan but let’s be real; there is more to hockey than just being a fast skater. Hags was good enough for a long time but he was one of the players on the team with enough value to get us something in return.

The team lacks team speed. Not sure what that is other than just enough guys that can fly. JJ is slow. Maata is slow. Guentzel looks slow to me. Sheehan is slow. Cullen is pretty slow. Wilson is slow. If you don’t have speed you likely don’t even beat a guy to the puck to even engage in a puck battle. And the battles that are taking place, we are losing a number of them.

There are young dudes all over the league that are bringing it; lot of them are home grown dudes that have developed through the team’s system. We just don’t have those horses right now.