It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Pirates vs. Cardinals - Game 91
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:26 am 

http://thisisgettingold.net/2014/07/09/ ... s-game-91/

Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cardinals - Game 91
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:54 am 

Best reliever threw a grand total of 14 pitches in two games while Hurdle left the ninth inning...where the Cards can (and did) win via walk off...in the hands of his more rancid relievers.

All because Watson is "slotted" for the 8th inning.

Don't know if that's what your pork chop analogy was about, but that's what I am using it to refer to.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

Last edited by Jeemie on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:57 am 

Hurdle for Popovich trade, with a player to be named later. CLINT SUCKS for brain power. Too much bubble gum.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:01 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Best reliever threw a grand total of 14 pitches in two games while Hurdle left the ninth inning...where the Cards can (and did) win via walk off...in the hands of his more rancid relievers.

Don't know if that's what our pork chop analogy was about, but that's what I am using it to refer to.

Yes. That's the porkchop analogy.

Here is basically what Hurdle does in these situations.

He uses all of his best relievers, outside of one, as little as he can and then relies on his worst relievers so he can avoid using his "best" reliever.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:08 am 

shamtown wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Don't know if that's what our pork chop analogy was about, but that's what I am using it to refer to.

Yes. That's the porkchop analogy.

Here is basically what Hurdle does in these situations.

He uses all of his best relievers, outside of one, as little as he can and then relies on his worst relievers so he can avoid using his "best" reliever.

Yeah- use the shitty relievers early (if you can) so you can recover if they fuck up.

Watson should have been the ninth inning guy both nights- need your best guy in the ninth to keep a tie game tied.

I had barely finished typing "he better not put Frieri in the game" last night when in trotted Frieri.

I can't even begin to understand the twisted logic that makes Hurdle keep doing this.

I mean- I kind of understand- last year, his method of limiting relievers to one inning of work kept them fresh when the Pirates were going to the pen a lot, and earlier this year, when the Bucs couldn't get a quality start to save their lives, it kind of made sense to not overburden any one guy.

But we've been getting quality starts almost night in night out for the last month. Fucking adapt, Clint!

And Pedro- I tried to defend his fielding- but last night was at least the tenth time in the last two seasons I have seen him cut off a play that the SS would have made easily, turning a routine chance into a very difficult one. Guy not only needs to learn to throw better...he needs better field awareness.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:55 am 

they should cut that ass they got for grilli today..at least send the bum to aa ball to try rehab. its unreal how this pig pen bull pen is fucking this team. and the garbage hitting in crunch time..just discusting!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:15 am 

Or just don't pitch him in key situations until they have a chance to work with him. It's not a tough concept to hide a reliever that isn't ready. Every team does it all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:11 pm 

Literally every damn day it is done in the show Sham

I have come to a conclusion on Hurdle......he is simply one aggressively arrogant dude.

Nothing else can explain the use of Frieri last night to me - almost spiteful on his part. Pouting because they took away his toy the penultimate ego maniac that is Jason Grilli.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:43 pm 

Pirates should trade for Beltre

http://thisisgettingold.net/2014/07/09/ ... -i-neeeed/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:08 pm 

shamtown wrote:

Makes too much sense- therefore it'll never happen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next