It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Crosby to have wrist surgery
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:39 pm 

Well that's G's side of it, a side of the story that wasn't corroborated by a single person in the Philly org.....including medical staff. And for somebody that was supposedly trying to slash at people's wrists, he managed to win a bunch of faceoffs in that series. Not to mention that, to this day, not a single piece of video has been produced to back that claim.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:56 am 

Quote:
You mean when Sid slashed G and broke both his wrists?? Yeah how that didn't get punished is beyond me.....NHL coddling for sure......Guess the Karma bus bit back in a big fucking way this year.

Hilarious!!! The troll is back again, making an argument that Sid broke both of the ass grabbers wrists! G wouldve been happier if Sid broke his wrists, then he couldnt have grabbed all that ass!

By the way, how did that karma bus workout for philthy?! How far did they make it???

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:22 am 

CaptainFantastik wrote:
Well that's G's side of it, a side of the story that wasn't corroborated by a single person in the Philly org.....including medical staff. And for somebody that was supposedly trying to slash at people's wrists, he managed to win a bunch of faceoffs in that series. Not to mention that, to this day, not a single piece of video has been produced to back that claim.

Sums is up properly, to the point.

Some Centers take what 1000+ FO's a season and that doesn't include the false FO's or the jousting before the puck is dropped. Guess what, both players are slashing their opponents hands during this. It is common place, Giroux just happened to try and make a big deal out of an aspect of the game that is accepted.

Crosby is still debating the arthroscopic surgery as of today.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:48 pm 

Now that we know that sid had some sort of wrist injury, not knowing the severity I said during playoffs that he should be replaced on PP by Neal since sid was so ineffective. Some apologists made excuses for sid or said that he wasn't that bad but he was. Looking back Neal should definitely been in instead of sid, maybe we would have got past rags with a guy on PP that can actually score.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:58 pm 

Probably for the best or we'd likely still have Shero and Bylsma if we'd made the Conference Finals. But the thing that sticks out in my mind the most were the tons of errant passes that went awry. That wasn't characteristic of his play at any point, whether we're talking last year's playoffs or whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:26 pm 

I agree cap that it was probably for the best to get rid of bile and ray but if we were playing to win Dan showed he had no balls, and sid didn't do what was best for team either, he's a smart kid. He had to know putting a healthy Neal out there could have been more effective than he was

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:28 pm 

He did have a lot of errant passes against bruins too

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 pm 

Turns out Sid is not going to have wrist surgery, but will go through physical therapy. I just hope this is the right decision going forward, so later in the season he isn't lost for the surgery.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:34 pm 

I'm still not sure the wrist thing isn't just an excuse for poor play, I really don't know what to think anymore on the sid situation