It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Reds - Game 93
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:34 pm 

I just can't get over the fans that think, just move Pedro to first base...problem solved. One needs to have skill and knowledge to play first base. Pedro does not have those skills or knowledge. Pedro's defensive liabilities go beyond his throws. His erratic arm is issue one, but he has a weak glove, and limited range. Putting him at 1st base magnifies the problem, not solves it. At this point in his career, he is what he is. I don't know what the answer is to his problems, but it isn't " move him to 1st base"!

Last edited by Jobus Rum on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Reds - Game 93
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:40 pm 

The idea of Pedro manning first, the way he's playing, is monumental imbicility. The current enthusiasm for it would last until about the second or third 3-6-3 DP he turned into a 3-->dugout/runners both safe on 2nd & 3rd.

Really, You can see it now without it ever having to happen.

Strongly disagree with the bad glove. He's cat quick and comes up with tough smashes I'm surprised anybody could get. Glove's not the issue unless he's half-assing backhands on balls he could have gotten in front of.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11