It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Reds - Game 93
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:40 pm 

It pisses me off how fans like MJG can just watch this mess and smile.

This team has lost AT LEAST 10 games due to poor management and/or pitching from the BP.

Something has to change.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:40 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
And Bam has a point. Yes...Watson is the best reliever on the team. But if you go on this script might after night that you will use one reliever per inning, then you are relying on 2-4 relievers every game to close out a game.

Every night, that's 2-4 relievers that have to bring their A game.

The laws of probability are against you when you slavishly stick to the script like that. What are the odds that every night, 2-4 guys are ALL going to be on?

Huey threw two pitches in the 8th. Warm Watson up, but let Huey start the 8th. See what happens.

:D exactly!!!!! you understand it too..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:43 pm 

bam morris wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
And Bam has a point. Yes...Watson is the best reliever on the team. But if you go on this script might after night that you will use one reliever per inning, then you are relying on 2-4 relievers every game to close out a game.

Every night, that's 2-4 relievers that have to bring their A game.

The laws of probability are against you when you slavishly stick to the script like that. What are the odds that every night, 2-4 guys are ALL going to be on?

Huey threw two pitches in the 8th. Warm Watson up, but let Huey start the 8th. See what happens.

:D exactly!!!!! you understand it too..

Hurdle doesn't use strategy, he uses rules. And he sticks to them no matter what. That's bad managing/coaching.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:44 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
It pisses me off how fans like MJG can just watch this mess and smile.

This team has lost AT LEAST 10 games due to poor management and/or pitching from the BP.

Something has to change.

I know..they keep blowing games the same idiotic way..and we sit here exspecting it..i even metioned it here about locke not finishing it was up to pig pen..that was 4th inning..hurdle will find the pig in the poke that's due to suck..tonite it was Watson..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:45 pm 

People have been blowing FBs past Polanco pretty regularly. They're probably one pitch he didn't see in AAA. Leaving him in after going 0-4 would have been conceding the out.

The saga continues. Home runs or nothing for these guys.

We have some real deficiencies as a team. And they go beyond just 1st, 3rd & the pigpen. And the Great Motivator.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:57 pm 

PZ Rules wrote:
People have been blowing FBs past Polanco pretty regularly. They're probably one pitch he didn't see in AAA. Leaving him in after going 0-4 would have been conceding the out.

We have some real deficiencies as a team. And they go beyond just 1st, 3rd & the pigpen. And the Great Motivator.

Pedro is on my shit list now. He is never going to get better in the field...that throw was just fucking ridiculous.

Ike Davis can go away.

Fire the entire bullpen save for Tee Watty.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:05 pm 

whats so bad is I know these blown games are gonna come back to haunt the bucs down the stretch..these games count just as much..when we see we down 2 games at seasons end for playoffs..and the number of pathetic dumb losses. it will be sad days.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:18 am 

Last night's Cards/Brewers. Well played, well managed, brain power on the field. An element we don't have.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:52 am 

Just about everyone fucked up last night...Hurdle, Pedro, Watson, the other hitters.

One that might have gone unnoticed was Russell Martin's AB in the 8th.

Yeah, he kinda got robbed on the 3-2 pitch that had been called a ball just one pitch earlier, HOWEVER, people may have forgotten that he started that AB by hacking at a low pitch for strike one.

This AFTER Partch had showed his control problems by walking McCutchen and Walker.

That kind of shit drives me nuts...a pitcher is struggling with his control, and invariably, one of our guys will come up free swinging at the first pitch.

As sham pointed out, yesterday there were a lot of "interesting swings" by Bucco hitters yesterday. Latos was eminently hittable last night...we should have tagged him for more than four runs.

Undisciplined plate appearances have been an issue through several batting coaches now. I have to guess that is on the players.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:02 am 

Jeemie wrote:
PZ Rules wrote:

Pedro is on my shit list now. He is never going to get better in the field...that throw was just fucking ridiculous.

Ike Davis can go away.

Fire the entire bullpen save for Tee Watty.

Right you are Jeemie.

Alvarez continues to be a disappointment. I know some here are enamored of his occasional hot streaks and moon shots, but his far more frequent cold streaks and shit-ass fielding and throwing prove to me that it's time to pull the plug.

Davis sucks. So does the bullpen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next