It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Pirates vs. Reds - Game 94
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:06 am 

http://thisisgettingold.net/2014/07/12/ ... game-94-2/

Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Reds - Game 94
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:56 am 

need to win 2 from reds before break...I detest our bullpen. bunch of bums. again I ask' why cant pedro play 1st base? its very similar to 3rd as far as balls hit to u.. just footwork around bag is needed to learn. not hard. this eliminates 90% of his throws. I don't understand why this cant be done. I like pedros bat better then impotent davis and gabby. put jhay on third...bring up 3rd base prospect when expanded roster occurs. its so bad now that our only real power hitter is taken out of games late even we may need a long ball.

Last edited by bam morris on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:00 am 

bam morris wrote:
need to win 2 from reds before break...I detest our bullpen. bunch of bums. again I ask' why cant pedro play 1st base? its very similar to 3rd as far as balls hit to u.. just footwork around bag is needed to learn. not hard. this eliminates 90% of his throws. I don't understand why this cant be done.

Because Josh Harrison isn't a suitable replacement at 3B fulltime.

I'm all on board with sham's idea of trading for Beltre. Then we can shift Pedro to first base.

Of course, Bucco announcers were trying to show "how hard" it would be to make that shift because Jay Bruce looked kind of uncomfortable doing it yesterday.

But Bruce is an outfielder, so switching to first base for him is different.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:06 am 

I played lots of ball and 1st base is easiest postion I think. no judging liners to outfield. crashing walls. very small area to cover. just react to balls hit hard at u. bunt play strategy. a liitle footwork around bag.. pops stargell played first after outfield. catchers have moved to 1st.. I think its far easier then the hot corner. hell I bet jordy couyld play 3rd on occasion too if jhay subbing outfieild. barmes at short. bring up prospect for 3rd. seems status quo sucks at 3rd. im curious whats the record for errors in season by 3rd baseman>? pedro gotta be moving close..as poster said before.his throwing errors are far worse. aloowing advancement of runner to scoring position. not just a botched fieding error allowing a runner to 1st. he has regressed; steve sax disease; in his head now.happened to many before.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:20 pm 

bam morris wrote:
I played lots of ball and 1st base is easiest postion I think. no judging liners to outfield. crashing walls. very small area to cover. just react to balls hit hard at u. bunt play strategy. a liitle footwork around bag.. pops stargell played first after outfield. catchers have moved to 1st.. I think its far easier then the hot corner. hell I bet jordy couyld play 3rd on occasion too if jhay subbing outfieild. barmes at short. bring up prospect for 3rd. seems status quo sucks at 3rd. im curious whats the record for errors in season by 3rd baseman>? pedro gotta be moving close..as poster said before.his throwing errors are far worse. aloowing advancement of runner to scoring position. not just a botched fieding error allowing a runner to 1st. he has regressed; steve sax disease; in his head now.happened to many before.

It is definitely in his head...on that I'll agree.

Did you see that shot of him in the dugout stewing over the throw?

Awful...ya gotta let it go...yes, ya gotta let it go THAT fast.

Pedro wasn't...he was wallowing in it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:47 pm 

Playing first base in the show is not a simplistic operation

At all :lol:

There is a reason that they spend countless hours feeding pitchers who are covering the bag balls in spring training not to mention fielding bunts and being involved exponentially more plays per game.

Turning the DP etc etc

Pedro making a move to 1B is not viable mid season - period.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:55 pm 

ironzabo wrote:

There is a reason that they spend countless hours feeding pitchers who are covering the bag balls in spring training not to mention fielding bunts and being involved exponentially more plays per game.

Turning the DP etc etc

I tend to agree to a point.

It's more than just standing by a bag. I think he could make the transition mid-season but there will DEFINITELY be growing pains.

Pedro is decent at fielding the ball and he's quite athletic for his size. I think he can fake it for the remainder of the season. Being involved in more plays isn't necessarily a big deal as his problem defensively is throwing.

I bet he'd have less problems at first than he has had at third though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:57 pm 

ironzabo wrote:

Turning the DP etc etc

Yes it is not a trivial transition.

But it is not an unviable one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:00 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:

It is definitely in his head...on that I'll agree.

Did you see that shot of him in the dugout stewing over the throw?

Awful...ya gotta let it go...yes, ya gotta let it go THAT fast.

Pedro wasn't...he was wallowing in it.

I agree...that's a reason I say that today.. I saw same shot.. isn't this like his 18th error so far this year? 18 times of stewing like that..then he maybe trying to hard to hit a makeup homer..i definitely think his head is fucked up. throw in personel issue or 2..who knows.. I like pedro but he is so frustrating with the ks and errors as we all know. and I bet he feels worse the us all.. could be self serving prophecy.. I do think bucs need him bad. need that power in lineup. maybe next year he can switch o first and sign long term deal.. :geek:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:42 pm 

IT'S ALL FOOTWORK, NOT HARD BUT NOT NOW. GET SOMEONE FROM SOMEWHERE. BEEN AN OPENING DAY PROBLEM, NO NEED TO RUSH.

WE DON'T HAVE...ANY BRAIN POWER LIKE THE TEAMS WE'RE CHASING.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next