It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Justin Morneau
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 1886
Looks like 3 years 21 mil. I'm guessing the Pirates probably offered him a one year deal and he wanted something more long term. Can't say I really blame the FO to much considering how he looked here last year, but the platoon they're rolling with this year is terrible and with the bullpen and Pedro's throws to first, is killing this team.

Maybe they better start training Josh Bell at 1B pronto :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justin Morneau
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 9077
Luca Brasi wrote:
Looks like 3 years 21 mil. I'm guessing the Pirates probably offered him a one year deal and he wanted something more long term. Can't say I really blame the FO to much considering how he looked here last year, but the platoon they're rolling with this year is terrible and with the bullpen and Pedro's throws to first, is killing this team.

Maybe they better start training Josh Bell at 1B pronto :lol:

id train ma bell over the 2 turds we now have undermanning the spot!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justin Morneau
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5838
Luca Brasi wrote:
Looks like 3 years 21 mil. I'm guessing the Pirates probably offered him a one year deal and he wanted something more long term. Can't say I really blame the FO to much considering how he looked here last year, but the platoon they're rolling with this year is terrible and with the bullpen and Pedro's throws to first, is killing this team.

Maybe they better start training Josh Bell at 1B pronto :lol:

Did the Pirates even make him an offer? I don't recall any.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justin Morneau
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 pm
Posts: 1625
Most thought the move to acquire Ike Davis was a very good one at the time. I was excited about it.

Ike has not been the guy the Pirates thought he would be. Neither was Morneau. Hindsight 20/20 and all.

_________________
Get well soon, Matt Murray


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justin Morneau
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 2747
Morneau is a good player, offense and defense, always was. He really didn't do much for us in the brief time he was here. But he finally woke up a little in the playoffs. Byrd is mashing in Philly too (18 HR, 54 RBI). Nonetheless I don't miss these guys that much as they are older and expensive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justin Morneau
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 6415
Stallworth16 wrote:
Morneau is a good player, offense and defense, always was. He really didn't do much for us in the brief time he was here. But he finally woke up a little in the playoffs. Byrd is mashing in Philly too (18 HR, 54 RBI). Nonetheless I don't miss these guys that much as they are older and expensive.


I don't miss Byrd now that Polanco is up. Chances are Polanco would still be in Indy if Byrd was still here.

I do miss Morneau considering the Davis/Sanchez platoon sucks big moosecock.

There's a bigger holes elsewhere, but it would have been nice had the Bucs kept Morneau.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justin Morneau
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 4899
Hopefully Ike will bounce back a little. Most on this board were blowing the guy and the FO for his first month and a half on the team.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justin Morneau
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:22 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5838
R S wrote:
Hopefully Ike will bounce back a little. Most on this board were blowing the guy and the FO for his first month and a half on the team.

He looked like a good pickup in May. Now...not so much.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justin Morneau
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 9077
Justin was solid player for years..he didn't light it up with bucs but considering the dog shit we have now we should have at least made attempt at the guy.. I can understand you want younger players..but his numbers this year prob put us in 1st at break instead of our current spot..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group