It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 6 5-8-17
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:25 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
steel wrote:
Sheary is a liability -- would rather see him out

Who would you replace him with, Scott Wilson?

Sheary has proven the ability to put the puck in the net and to be reliable. Wilson hasn't really shown either trait on a consistent basis.

Has Sheary been good this series...nope, but there's no one else on the depth chart you can call upon.

Calling Daniel Sprong

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
steel wrote:
Sheary is a liability -- would rather see him out

Who would you replace him with, Scott Wilson?

Sheary has proven the ability to put the puck in the net and to be reliable. Wilson hasn't really shown either trait on a consistent basis.

Has Sheary been good this series...nope, but there's no one else on the depth chart you can call upon.

Calling Daniel Sprong

You mean a player that hasn't played in an NHL game in nearly a year and has only been practicing with the team for less than a week?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:55 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
You mean a player that hasn't played in an NHL game in nearly a year and has only been practicing with the team for less than a week?

I'd rather have him on the ice than Scott Wilson or maybe even Sheary vs this team... but, then, I'm all about the upside and not risk-averse. They play the same system down there with the Baby Pens-- it's only the opposition talent level that is different.

I look back to Jim Paek and Mike Needham, for instance-- they were upgrades to what was on the ice and they got inserted into roles and played well. It wouldn't be the first time minor league sensation was thrown into the playoff mix.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:06 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

I'd rather have him on the ice than Scott Wilson or maybe even Sheary vs this team... but, then, I'm all about the upside and not risk-averse. They play the same system down there with the Baby Pens-- it's only the opposition talent level that is different.

I look back to Jim Paek and Mike Needham, for instance-- they were upgrades to what was on the ice and they got inserted into roles and played well. It wouldn't be the first time minor league sensation was thrown into the playoff mix.

Sprong joined WBS back on 4-19 so he didn't play much with the minor club. Prior to that he spent the full year in Charlottetown and I don't know what system they use.

I don't think Sullivan is going to go with the unproven when he knows what he has in Wilson and Sheary. Besides Recchi said a few months ago that the Pens wouldn't use Sprong unless they HAD to.
They admitted that they rushed him and it hurt his development.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:23 pm 

43 career professional playoff games, 57 career playoff points

I'm just saying-- I don't think they stunted his development too much.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:23 pm 

Is Sprong even w/ the Black Aces?

I don't think he is, so I have about the same % of odds Sprong gets into a playoff game...

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:41 pm 

They called him up as part of the group.

B2B-I'm just trying to explain it from what the Pens have said. I like the player and he will be better than Wilson and hopefully become that second winger/sniper to go along with Kessel.

I think the team isn't sold on Sprong defensively, not yet at least. He did improve in that department this year but it is only one season. I remember reading that Johnson was critical of that area in his game and Sullivan felt much the same.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:49 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Y-Town Steel wrote:
I know some here disagree, but I love seeing HBK back together. The Capitals do not have fond memories of that line.

I can't stand HBK- it was garbage the beginning of the year (and all year) and in Game 1. Please fucking kill this line with fire so we never have to see it again- its horrible

1) Playoff Bonino vs regular season Bonino
2) Healthy Hagelin (?)

HBK baby!!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:54 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
They called him up as part of the group.

B2B-I'm just trying to explain it from what the Pens have said. I like the player and he will be better than Wilson and hopefully become that second winger/sniper to go along with Kessel.

I think the team isn't sold on Sprong defensively, not yet at least. He did improve in that department this year but it is only one season. I remember reading that Johnson was critical of that area in his game and Sullivan felt much the same.

Yeah-- clearly that's the sensible answer.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:29 pm 

lets jump on these fuckera hard and early....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next