It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs. Preds, SCF...Game #4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:09 pm 

Ice wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Any sentiment to go back to Fleury?? Just askin'

Any sentiment to go back to fractal?

I have literally thought this after the last two games. No offense, Swiss. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's okay. If yinz think that'll help.....trust me.....won't take it personally.

I'm all for Steeler Al or BFingersby starting the thread if that would guarantee a Penguins win.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:35 pm 

Not to sound like a shit but seeding in the NHL playoffs usually doesn't mean anything. Sure, if the fact is a "16 seed" has never won the cup, then so be it, but has Nashville looked like a "16 seed" the last month and a half? Nope. In fact, I've watched almost every single game they have played since the playoffs have started and I really think they have looked the best out of any team that made the dance.

Game 5 win in Anaheim is what I am focusing on. Their coach is an asshole but he's very good. The Preds are very good. They can go into your arena and beat you, as evidenced by that win in Anaheim.

Pens cannot fuck this game up at home. They have to come out flying and shoot shoot shoot. I still think we need to mixup the PP a bit because our second unit sucks balls. Sullivan is the man and I trust him, but it's going to take some serious effort by the dudes on the ice to win this series.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:24 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Not to sound like a shit but seeding in the NHL playoffs usually doesn't mean anything. Sure, if the fact is a "16 seed" has never won the cup, then so be it, but has Nashville looked like a "16 seed" the last month and a half? Nope. In fact, I've watched almost every single game they have played since the playoffs have started and I really think they have looked the best out of any team that made the dance.

Game 5 win in Anaheim is what I am focusing on. Their coach is an asshole but he's very good. The Preds are very good. They can go into your arena and beat you, as evidenced by that win in Anaheim.

Pens cannot fuck this game up at home. They have to come out flying and shoot shoot shoot. I still think we need to mixup the PP a bit because our second unit sucks balls. Sullivan is the man and I trust him, but it's going to take some serious effort by the dudes on the ice to win this series.

No kidding Orange.
I watched the Nashville/Chicago series. The Preds put the clamps on what might have been the second best team in the league. First time I had seen Toews frustrated in April in a long while. After they swept them in Chicago it was like an avalanche had fallen on Kane and company.
I don't think anyone saw that coming and to be honest it wasn't a fluke. Nashville is real.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:11 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:

But they are a 16 seed, and as someone else pointed out, for a reason.

Do they "look" like one, certainly not against the teams they have played in these playoffs. But again, as someone else stated, an 80+ game sample is pretty good.

They lost the season series to the Blackhawk 4-1, but somehow sweep them in the playoffs?

And I don't think the Blues or Ducks were all that good.

We are just gassed with little left in the tank. But would much rather lose to them than some other WC teams.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:58 pm 

JJT is either a troll who is pretending to be a Pens fan or he squats to piss. Either way, he's pathetic. Your choice - go over to the Nashville boards and be their cuckold or nut the fuck up and prepare for victory.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:27 pm 

Obviously wrote:
JJT is either a troll who is pretending to be a Pens fan or he squats to piss. Either way, he's pathetic. Your choice - go over to the Nashville boards and be their cuckold or nut the fuck up and prepare for victory.

Call me whatever you like. But anybody that has a ton of confidence after watching the last 4 games that we can win 2 of 3 must be watching different games than me.

One thing is for sure, they lose Thursday and this is over in 6 games.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:32 pm 

Obviously wrote:

agree..im willing to bet pred fans and players are more nervous then us and pens squad..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:57 am 

bam morris wrote:
im willing to bet pred fans and players are more nervous then us and pens squad..

I guarantee neither team is nervous. These are hockey players at the highest level. They have huge, brass fuckin balls. One excellent team is not going to win this series and it will not be for lack of effort or from being nervous.

As far as fan bases being nervous, well yeah. I'd bet more Preds fans are just happy to be along for the ride though than Pens fans. Preds fans have never been here before, had no expectation of making it this far, and are enjoying the hell out of it all. Pens fans have high (unrealistic) expectations and many feel entitled. "Ohhh we lost two can you believe it two straight games in the cup finals?! And to the 16 can you believe it 16 seed?!?! Now the series is tied! We're fucked!!"
:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:37 am 

Every Preds fan I've had the displeasure of talking to assumes they're gonna roll the Pens in 6 games.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:47 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Every Preds fan I've had the displeasure of talking to assumes they're gonna roll the Pens in 6 games.

There is no such thing as a Preds fan. There is a "I live in Nashville and the Titans suck, Vandy sucks, the Vols are in Knoxville so not relevant, and I literally have nothing else to do other than listen to music and drink whisky, so I guess I'll root for these bearded Canadian, Swedish and Finnish guys skating around on frozen water" fan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next