It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs. Preds, SCF...Game #4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:19 pm 

You're all full of yourself Orange

Those fans are the reason hockey took in that market

One of the few southern team exceptions, the other being the Stars

They've been packing them in for years.

Seems you're looking for any angle to discredit

But that is you sir in a nutshell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:30 pm 

I think we win game 5, and then a 3-2 lead will feel much better than a 2-2 tie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:19 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Every Preds fan I've had the displeasure of talking to assumes they're gonna roll the Pens in 6 games.

There is no such thing as a Preds fan. There is a "I live in Nashville and the Titans suck, Vandy sucks, the Vols are in Knoxville so not relevant, and I literally have nothing else to do other than listen to music and drink whisky, so I guess I'll root for these bearded Canadian, Swedish and Finnish guys skating around on frozen water" fan.

:lol:

True.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:29 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:

Man are you a douchebag. Go jerk off to your Ron Hextall poster, Beth. Oh wait, you've been watching hockey longer than anyone here, got it. Then go post away on a Flyers board. Yeah Nashville is a real hockey town. Idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:57 am 

Moved to Nashville 10 years ago and this city is evolving into a hockey town. Yes, fans are coming out of the woodwork now that they are in the Finals, but the Preds have done a great job in the community to build a fan base over the years.

That said, I want nothing more than to beat them in this series. Really can't stand their chants during intros or after goals.

Go Pens!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:55 am 

14Thumb wrote:
Moved to Nashville 10 years ago and this city is evolving into a hockey town. Yes, fans are coming out of the woodwork now that they are in the Finals, but the Preds have done a great job in the community to build a fan base over the years.

That said, I want nothing more than to beat them in this series. Really can't stand their chants during intros or after goals.

Go Pens!!

I hit Nashville about 10 times a year, love the town and intelligent city planning. It's now one of the 5 hottest real estate markets in the US; money, people and business are pouring in. The music industry understandably vacated debt ridden tax burdened California for Nashville, tech sector is exploding also. Great town for everything you'd want for your family. Within my own family those that made themselves feel better about their conditions by putting others down had a shorter life expectancy. Save it for when it's justified.

My concern tonight are the refs. Winner tonight will win the Cup. Calls helped Preds open the door in 3 & 4, our careless mistakes contributed. Their disallowed goal in Pittsburgh was a call that could have gone either way. The casual hockey fan around the US is rooting for Nashville, the underdog that has never won a championship. Pittsburgh is perceived as old guard with a history of championships across the board. We will have fire tonight, Subban will get his ass kicked hopefully within the rules. For the sake of the sport if the league lets the game just flow naturally Pens win and the Preds get help in 6 forcing 7. Still think OT somewhere.

Go Pens

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:18 am 

Ice wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Any sentiment to go back to Fleury?? Just askin'

Any sentiment to go back to fractal?

I have literally thought this after the last two games. No offense, Swiss. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lemme know. I'll check back later this afternoon. Whatever's best for the team. Go PENGUINS!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:34 am 

Nashville isn't what it is simply because people are escaping "burdensome" taxes and regulation in liberal states. Nashville is the center of country music. It's also the state capital, with legislators and like minded regulation free corporations that want to build the city. With taxpayer money and corporate sponsorship. What does that tell you when the state capitol falls into the top ten attractions of the city? TN state museum and Grand Ole Opry/ country music hall of fame are at the top the list. Scatter in public works like parks and restoration projects for plantations and southern "culture." Other states that have low taxes and little regulation and are either stagnant or in a free fall.

I'm not bashing Nashville as a city. Never been there, but this election cycle has divided cultures, so it doesn't surprise me Nashville is attracting individuals from other states because of "low taxes" but it's also "murika!" This boom has occurred in the last 3-5 years, from what I can tell. Look at other state capitols and how they are doing. Government attracts workers, lobbyists, press, etc. There is a conscious effort to build the city at the heart of country music and a beacon for the "south." That requires infrastructure, like hotels and housing and hospitality and transportation, which in turn requires labor for the service industries. And the glut of housing with an influx of government workers drives home prices down, creating a real estate 'boom.' It will bust, eventually, because boom and bust economies is where free market proponents build their wealth.

As far as the pens? I have no fucking clue. This naive hockey fan is sure they will come out swinging and will get some calls. But they can't let stupid mistakes give free, easy shots at murray, and they need to generate a fuckload more offense without spending too much time in the neutral zone.

Last edited by COR-TEN on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 am 

Jesus CHRIST, COR, NO ONE HERE is politicizing these hockey threads except you.

Why do you keep going there?

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:44 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

Man are you a douchebag. Go jerk off to your Ron Hextall poster, Beth. Oh wait, you've been watching hockey longer than anyone here, got it. Then go post away on a Flyers board. Yeah Nashville is a real hockey town. Idiot.

Beth's right, to a degree...over the last six years, Nashville's been becoming a better hockey town.

Before that, after an initial spurt of excitement when the team was awarded to Nashville, it was pretty moribund.

Amazingly, the hotbed of American hockey right now is Texas. The Stars moving to Dallas really sparked the growth of youth hockey programs there.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

Last edited by Jeemie on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next