It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs preds, SCF....game 5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:19 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Some thoughts about last night:

I think the third goal broke Nashville. Malkin tossed it perfectly up ice to Kessel who entered the zone without much hassle. Then he dangled with the puck until Malkin got into position to shoot. Where was the vaunted Preds defense? They never really challenged Kessel and the puck found(off a stick) the far corner where Malkin beat Rinne in game two.
The first goal was a softie that Rinne should have stopped.

That was actually a Forward back on defense defending Kessel. That was the 4 on 4 with the Subban/Crosby exchange I believe. The CBC announcer mentioned that Kessel knew he had time to work with because it was a forward playing out of his normal position

Yeah it was Arvidsson who was back. Weber who is a D man came back next and took a position on the weakside next to Rinne. IMO either one should have challenged Phil. Forsberg was no help either because he was the third back and he didn't pickup Malkin.
I'll take it.
https://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.c ... -into-ice/

Read the comments.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:49 am 

see where kicker boswell kicked outta game last night!! :lol: dude was excited!! cant u give the guy a warning?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:53 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Preds boards are outraged over subban's head pounding. Then of course, start to bash pittsburgh and the fans again. They think the league wants to hand over the cup to pgh, and crosby is treated with kid gloves. I was asking myself out loud during the beatdown "what the fuck are you doing, sid? And right in front of the ref? It did seem he went a bit overboard, even if subban was preventing him from getting up by holding his leg.

Someone here mentioned the pens getting jobbed by the refs in the last two games. I didn't see it. Did they?

Send them this video and tell them to STFU
https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DBMkGzOXsAIa4RK.mp4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:55 am 

bam morris wrote:
see where kicker boswell kicked outta game last night!! :lol: dude was excited!! cant u give the guy a warning?

Did he smash a napkin dispenser?

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:56 am 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Preds boards are outraged over subban's head pounding. Then of course, start to bash pittsburgh and the fans again. They think the league wants to hand over the cup to pgh, and crosby is treated with kid gloves. I was asking myself out loud during the beatdown "what the fuck are you doing, sid? And right in front of the ref? It did seem he went a bit overboard, even if subban was preventing him from getting up by holding his leg.

Someone here mentioned the pens getting jobbed by the refs in the last two games. I didn't see it. Did they?

Sid's been getting abused, but he needs to be careful...last night was going a little overboard.

And because it and the water bottle incident were so visible, methinks he gets no more slack cut for him during the last 1-2 games of this series.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:57 am 

Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:

banging on boards!!! sheez! give em a break..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:59 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Sid's been getting abused, but he needs to be careful...last night was going a little overboard.

And because it and the water bottle incident were so visible, methinks he gets no more slack cut for him during the last 1-2 games of this series.

definitely ...fans will be booing him and refs may want to appease those douchbags.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:00 pm 

bam morris wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:

banging on boards!!! sheez! give em a break..

Kickers are a goofy lot...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:05 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

Oh, I don't disagree. Sid can't do that again. I'm just calling out the selective outrage by the media & Nashville fans.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:06 pm 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Yep. Just saw that on another website. I forgot about that "incident." I agree with jeems. He's not going to get many more free passes. Especially in nashville. Subban is going to be all over sid and the refs are going to look the other way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next