It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs preds, SCF....game 5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:11 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Yep. Just saw that on another website. I forgot about that "incident." I agree with jeems. He's not going to get many more free passes. Especially in nashville. Subban is going to be all over sid and the refs are going to look the other way.

Which website?
I saw that this morning as well but can remember where, and it's driving me nuts (I googled the video to get the link)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:13 pm 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Yep. Just saw that on another website. I forgot about that "incident." I agree with jeems. He's not going to get many more free passes. Especially in nashville. Subban is going to be all over sid and the refs are going to look the other way.

Which website?
I saw that this morning as well but can remember where, and it's driving me nuts (I googled the video to get the link)
SB Nation.
http://www.pensburgh.com/2017/6/8/15766 ... es-care-of

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:15 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Sid's been getting abused, but he needs to be careful...last night was going a little overboard.

And because it and the water bottle incident were so visible, methinks he gets no more slack cut for him during the last 1-2 games of this series.

Oh, I don't disagree. Sid can't do that again. I'm just calling out the selective outrage by the media & Nashville fans.

Sid's one of the main faces of the NHL, and in the past he's had a kind of a prima donna bitch attitude (I think that's changed, but it was definitely there in his early career).

So he draws the hate.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:19 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Sid's been getting abused, but he needs to be careful...last night was going a little overboard.

And because it and the water bottle incident were so visible, methinks he gets no more slack cut for him during the last 1-2 games of this series.

Oh, I don't disagree. Sid can't do that again. I'm just calling out the selective outrage by the media & Nashville fans.

Sid's one of the main faces of the NHL, and in the past he's had a kind of a prima donna bitch attitude (I think that's changed, but it was definitely there in his early career).

So he draws the hate.

This also applies to Subban.

COR-TEN - Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:25 pm 

Yeah, but Subban plays on the underdog team that is in the "hipper city", so he gets away with it right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:58 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Yeah, but Subban plays on the underdog team that is in the "hipper city", so he gets away with it right now.

Is Nashville, in fact, hipper or merely touted as so? Pittsburgh is a pretty damn awesome place to live.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:01 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Is Nashville, in fact, hipper or merely touted as so? Pittsburgh is a pretty damn awesome place to live.

Pittsburgh is definitely hipper now that it was when I left 30 years ago.

But Nashville is very much more a "scene" than Pittsburgh is.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:14 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

When did you leave? I left in jan '90. Never mind. You said 30 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:27 pm 

Should have said "about 30 years ago" because I left Pittsburgh in 1990 as well- so really 27 years ago now.

I started my new job in New Jersey one week before Saddam Hussein ordered his army to invade Kuwait.

Damn that seems forever and an age ago!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:37 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

My (probably wrong) impression of Nashville is that it is now what Austin TX was 15 years ago. No thanks.

It bears repeating that the three rivers really condense Pittsburgh. It has east coast density, good public transport (the bus system is wonderful; I did not bother owning a car when I lived in the East End), it has the food, the bars, the unis, the young population as a result of the latter, the arts, the museums. I'm sure Nashville is "a scene" (whatever that actually ends up meaning), but the country's conception of Pittsburgh is about 30 years behind what Pittsburgh actually is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next