It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rinne
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:59 am 

Goalies are weird. Hockey goalies are unlike any other player in professional sports. You love them but you keep them on a short leash. You show them respect but you reprimand them when they suck. They can either take you to the promise land or be the whipping boy for an offseason of despair.

What are your thoughts on Rinne being pulled after the first period? So much hype has been made about Rinne playing shitty in the Burgh that part of me feels that Rinne himself has bought into it and Laviloette diffused the situation by pulling him after the first.

Mind you NASH tied game 1 after being down 3 goals and pretty much dominated that game but for a few minutes of Pens excellence.

My thought is that the Pens need to steal this game on Sunday evening. The Preds have themselves thinking they are invincible at home; well we need to step up and beat them in their own house. Roll the lines and keep Murray clean and game 6 can be won.

Rinne is fragile as fuck. Score one or two early on Sunday and this game is 100 percent winnable.

Post subject: Re: Rinne
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:58 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Goalies are weird. Hockey goalies are unlike any other player in professional sports. You love them but you keep them on a short leash. You show them respect but you reprimand them when they suck. They can either take you to the promise land or be the whipping boy for an offseason of despair.

What are your thoughts on Rinne being pulled after the first period? So much hype has been made about Rinne playing shitty in the Burgh that part of me feels that Rinne himself has bought into it and Laviloette diffused the situation by pulling him after the first.

Mind you NASH tied game 1 after being down 3 goals and pretty much dominated that game but for a few minutes of Pens excellence.

My thought is that the Pens need to steal this game on Sunday evening. The Preds have themselves thinking they are invincible at home; well we need to step up and beat them in their own house. Roll the lines and keep Murray clean and game 6 can be won.

Rinne is fragile as fuck. Score one or two early on Sunday and this game is 100 percent winnable.

Now would be as good a time as any for a Sullivan-coached team to win the clinching game on the first try.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:52 am 

Orangesteel wrote:

I think it was the right move. Game 5 was nothing like Game 1. The Preds were being thoroughly outplayed by the Pens tonight. Staying the course with PeckerRine made more sense when Nashville looked like the better team on the ice Game 1.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:50 am 

Orangesteel wrote:

Lavs made the right move- you don't let your goalie get lit up when the team in front of him is playing like garbage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:31 am 

Way premature move. Now if the Preds bounce back, is the NHL controlling these games. 7 games is another 2 million dollars.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:06 pm 

hopalong wrote:
Way premature move. Now if the Preds bounce back, is the NHL controlling these games. 7 games is another 2 million dollars.

What sort of pathetic excuse for a man, hell, a human being, would be playing for the greatest trophy in sports, and let the league fix the games without crying bloody murder?