It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs. Preds, SCF...Game #6
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:20 pm 

I don't know why it is so difficult for "Predators Nation" to understand what is going on with that play, other than the fact that emotion continues to dictate their visceral hate. But hey, I'd be pissed too.

It's akin to a running back getting stood up, refs blow whistle, ball gets ripped from running back's hands and the DB scores a TD. Every single thing that happens AFTER the refs blows the whistle may happen, but it doesn't happen. Get it? It's a frozen puck and the play is dead.

The amazing thing about that play is the down the line camera actually shows the ref was totally justified in blowing the whistle. He honestly lost the puck in Murray's midsection. Early whistles happen all season long. This is clearly magnified by the circumstances, I get it, but there wasn't anything incorrect about the call. Nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:23 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:
Don't know if you heard it, but when the refs headed to the boards at center ice to convene, someone yells "are you fucking kidding me?"

Fans wanted the call reversed, as I posed earlier, by submitting a goal earlier where it was blown dead, but then called a good goal. Posted that link in the other thread.

https://streamable.com/ccxi8

Was there anything about the league supporting this decision? Or supporting making the decision? That to me is an incorrect call.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:35 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:

People keep wanting to compare it to the Calgary goal against Buffalo earlier in the year where the call was initially no goal but was then reversed.

I don't know if the rule is truly "no video review" because if the play is ruled to be "continuous", it can be a good goal even with a whistle, and I think they need to use video to know if it's continuous.

What I do know is I think they reversed the no goal call for Calgary because the puck was already in the net when the whistle blew.

Didn't think of this angle, but makes some sense....

Say what you want about that play. The whistle was quick, but once the whistle goes the play is over. The refs gave quick whistles because the predators continued to run the goalie. Let’s say that goal counted, that’s 1 goal over the final two games of the Stanley cup finals. I don’t care what calls the refs make, you don’t win a cup only scoring once every two games

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:08 pm 

Living in Nashville, I've had to explain the disallowed goal to so many "new" fans. Simplest way to say it. It couldn't be reviewed because Sissons hit it after the whistle. Had the puck continued into the net after the whistle with no one touching it, the goal could have been reviewed. Simple as that. It sucks (for them), but that's the way it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:12 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:

People keep wanting to compare it to the Calgary goal against Buffalo earlier in the year where the call was initially no goal but was then reversed.

I don't know if the rule is truly "no video review" because if the play is ruled to be "continuous", it can be a good goal even with a whistle, and I think they need to use video to know if it's continuous.

What I do know is I think they reversed the no goal call for Calgary because the puck was already in the net when the whistle blew.

Didn't think of this angle, but makes some sense....

Say what you want about that play. The whistle was quick, but once the whistle goes the play is over. The refs gave quick whistles because the predators continued to run the goalie. Let’s say that goal counted, that’s 1 goal over the final two games of the Stanley cup finals. I don’t care what calls the refs make, you don’t win a cup only scoring once every two games

That's what I've been saying since Sunday Swiss. Totally agree. In a best of three series (after it went 2-2), getting outscored 8-0 (or 8-1 if you want to give a goal to Sissions) will never cut it.

Lavs is a great coach but for how well the Preds played in Pittsburgh games 1 and 2 (pretty much totally dominating game 1), getting destroyed 6-0 in game 5 was a pathetic showing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32