Post subject: Game 70: Pirates at Brewers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:14 am 

At Miller Park
Game time: 7:40PM ET
Probable starters:
PIT: Gerrit Cole (4-6, 4.54 ERA)
MIL: Matt Garza (3-2, 4.17 ERA)

Quote:
For years, Miller Park has been a house of horrors for the Pirates. From the start of the 2003 season through the club's first series there in '16, the Brewers dominated the Bucs to the tune of 82 wins and 30 losses. But over the past year, Pittsburgh has seemingly broken the longstanding curse that followed them to Milwaukee.

The Pirates won their last two series at Miller Park last season, winning six of their last seven road matchups against the Brewers. The Bucs will look to extend that streak as they begin a four-game series with the first-place Brewers on Monday night in Milwaukee.

Right-hander Gerrit Cole, who may have snapped out of his own slump with seven strong innings against the Rockies on Tuesday, will start the opener for the Pirates. Cole will face right-hander Matt Garza, making his second start since coming off the disabled list for what officially was listed as a bruised chest but in reality was symptoms equal to whiplash from a collision near first base with 6-foor-3, 250-pound Jesus Aguilar. In his 87-pitch return to the rotation last week in St. Louis, Garza was solid outside of a four-hit Cardinals flurry in the second inning and faced the minimum over his final three innings.

"It shouldn't have been as close as it was," Garza said. "The second inning kind of got me. In the middle of it I was just telling myself, 'Slow down, catch your breath, keep going. Keep attacking.'"

Three things to know about this game

• Miller Park has been particularly unkind to Cole, who owns a 5.74 ERA and 0-2 record in three starts there. Cole has not pitched there since 2015, however, and he seemed to be rounding back into form against the Rockies. Cole's four-seam fastball averaged 96.7 mph on Tuesday, according to Statcast data.

• The Pirates won't have to deal with outfielder Ryan Braun, whose .903 OPS against the Bucs is his second-best mark against the Brewers' four National League Central opponents (behind only the Cubs). Braun remains on the disabled list with a left calf strain.

• Pittsburgh may have to make a tough decision before Monday's opener. The Pirates are carrying three catchers -- veterans Francisco Cervelli and Chris Stewart and hot-hitting rookie Elias Diaz. In the interest of employing a flexible bench, manager Clint Hurdle has stated his opposition to the idea of keeping three catchers for the long haul.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/201706182 ... _pk=491151

#GONUTTINGSWALLET

Last edited by JackLambert58 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Game 70: Pirates at Brewers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:04 pm 

We had 'em all the way!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:12 am 

cole with another solid game..pass the cards in standings!
I don't see how u justify trading cutch at this point..i was all for trading last year..but now? I don't know. I really don't believe they in to win any longer. money is all that matters.
cutch has been a new player in 6 hole. raised average 60 points. go figure!
Polanco seems to be the most underachieving now.
whens marte back?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:29 am 

Bucs first time in 3rd place. By.1 %.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:54 am 

hopalong wrote:
Bucs first time in 3rd place. By.1 %.

#CHAMPIONSHIP

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:04 pm 

JackLambert58 wrote:
At Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Game time: 7:40PM ET
Probable starters:
PIT: Gerrit Cole (4-6, 4.54 ERA)
MIL: Matt Garza (3-2, 4.17 ERA)

Quote:
For years, Miller Park has been a house of horrors for the Pirates. From the start of the 2003 season through the club's first series there in '16, the Brewers dominated the Bucs to the tune of 82 wins and 30 losses. But over the past year, Pittsburgh has seemingly broken the longstanding curse that followed them to Milwaukee.

The Pirates won their last two series at Miller Park last season, winning six of their last seven road matchups against the Brewers. The Bucs will look to extend that streak as they begin a four-game series with the first-place Brewers on Monday night in Milwaukee.

Right-hander Gerrit Cole, who may have snapped out of his own slump with seven strong innings against the Rockies on Tuesday, will start the opener for the Pirates. Cole will face right-hander Matt Garza, making his second start since coming off the disabled list for what officially was listed as a bruised chest but in reality was symptoms equal to whiplash from a collision near first base with 6-foor-3, 250-pound Jesus Aguilar. In his 87-pitch return to the rotation last week in St. Louis, Garza was solid outside of a four-hit Cardinals flurry in the second inning and faced the minimum over his final three innings.

"It shouldn't have been as close as it was," Garza said. "The second inning kind of got me. In the middle of it I was just telling myself, 'Slow down, catch your breath, keep going. Keep attacking.'"

Three things to know about this game

• Miller Park has been particularly unkind to Cole, who owns a 5.74 ERA and 0-2 record in three starts there. Cole has not pitched there since 2015, however, and he seemed to be rounding back into form against the Rockies. Cole's four-seam fastball averaged 96.7 mph on Tuesday, according to Statcast data.

• The Pirates won't have to deal with outfielder Ryan Braun, whose .903 OPS against the Bucs is his second-best mark against the Brewers' four National League Central opponents (behind only the Cubs). Braun remains on the disabled list with a left calf strain.

• Pittsburgh may have to make a tough decision before Monday's opener. The Pirates are carrying three catchers -- veterans Francisco Cervelli and Chris Stewart and hot-hitting rookie Elias Diaz. In the interest of employing a flexible bench, manager Clint Hurdle has stated his opposition to the idea of keeping three catchers for the long haul.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/201706182 ... _pk=491151

#GONUTTINGSWALLET

I guess the key to finally beating the Brewers on the road was to play them at Camden Yard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:37 pm 

bam morris wrote:
cole with another solid game..pass the cards in standings!
I don't see how u justify trading cutch at this point..i was all for trading last year..but now? I don't know. I really don't believe they in to win any longer. money is all that matters.
cutch has been a new player in 6 hole. raised average 60 points. go figure!
Polanco seems to be the most underachieving now.
whens marte back?

They will trade Clutch if they could. His value is higher now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:52 pm 

SteelPro wrote:

I guess the key to finally beating the Brewers on the road was to play them at Camden Yard

#COPYANDPASTEPROBLEMS