Post subject: Game 74: Pirates at Cardinals
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:56 am 

At Busch Stadium
Game time: 8:15PM ET
Probable starters:
PIT: Jameson Taillon (3-2, 3.38 ERA)
MIL: Adam Wainwright (7-5, 5.75 ERA)

Quote:
The Cardinals and Pirates will get another chance to make a push toward the National League Central lead when they meet to open in a three-game series at Busch Stadium on Friday.

The Pirates have lost seven consecutive games at Busch Stadium dating back to last season, including three straight 2-1 decisions when they first visited in mid-April.

Right-hander Jameson Taillon will try to help the Pirates snap that streak when he takes the mound Friday. He will also look to bounce back after giving up four earned runs over five innings in his last start -- a 7-1 loss to the Cubs. Prior to that start, the 25-year-old dealt five scoreless innings against the NL West-leading Colorado on June 12, just five weeks after undergoing testicular cancer surgery.

Taillon's velocity spiked a bit during his last start, which he said was partly intentional and partly due to high-stress jams.

"It was hot. My mechanics are in a good place," Taillon said. "I don't feel like there's really anything restricting my arm or my arm speed. It was coming out, but I don't feel like I was creating any extra energy to make it come out. In big situations, I like to think I have the ability to add on a little bit."

The Cardinals will counter with 12-year veteran Adam Wainwright, who also ran into early trouble last Saturday against the Orioles. Wainwright tied a career and season high by allowing nine earned runs over 1 2/3 innings in the Cards' 15-7 loss. The barrage of runs included back-to-back homers by Adam Jones and Mark Trumbo in the first and a two-run homer by Manny Machado in the second.

Things to know about this game

• Taillon allowed two runs over five innings in a no-decision in his only career start against St. Louis, a 4-3 Pittsburgh win at PNC Park on Sept. 7 last season.

• Wainwright's 92.3-mph average exit velocity allowed last Saturday at Baltimore was his highest in any game since Statcast was introduced for the 2015 season. He also allowed three barrels -- balls with an ideal combination of exit velocity and launch angle -- out of 11 total balls in play. That 27.3-percent barrel rate is also Wainwright's highest.

• Jordy Mercer went 0-for-3 in the the Pirates' series finale with the Brewers on Friday, ending an 11-game hitting streak, which was the longest by a Pirates player this season.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/201706222 ... _pk=491210

#GONUTTINGSWALLET

Post subject: Re: Game 74: Pirates at Cardinals
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:53 pm 

We had 'em all the way!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:45 am 

Well as much as I can swear off getting too hyped, it just never gets old seeing the Pirates punk the Cards at Busch :D

Some great diving grabs by Polanco in right to rob the Redbirds and the nice 9th-inning game-winning blast from Encino Man Jaso . . . Surf's up!! Beat 'em Bucs!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:53 am 

franco>madden wrote:
Well as much as I can swear off getting too hyped, it just never gets old seeing the Pirates punk the Cards at Busch :D

Some great diving grabs by Polanco in right to rob the Redbirds and the nice 9th-inning game-winning blast from Encino Man Jaso . . . Surf's up!! Beat 'em Bucs!

great win..usually lose this way to these assholes!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:05 am 

Why does the senile asshole Hurdle wait until we're in trouble to put in our best closer?

Ah yeah, because he's a moron.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:33 am 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Why does the senile asshole Hurdle wait until we're in trouble to put in our best closer?

Ah yeah, because he's a moron.

What are you talking about?

He had Rivero pitch 1.2 innings...brought him in in the 8th when the game was tied.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"