It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:15 pm 

It is quite clear that the Reaves experiment needs to end. Only ? is whether you can get even a late round draft pick for him. My worry is prior to Botterli (sp?) leaving, there was a power struggle between Botts and Billy G. Billy G. won and I think Billy G. was behind the Reaves trade. It...worries me.

Also, one thinks that maybe a first + Oscar for a true bottom six center + 2nd could've happened with the right team last year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:10 pm 

I get the complaints about Reaves. He doesn’t offer much and the need for an enforcer is dubious. But no one expected this guy to produce goals. Bigger issue for me is the lack of production from Carl Hagelin. He gets more than double the minutes that Reaves does and has triple the salary. Just 3 goals on the year and I think two of them were empty netters. I get that he is useful on the PK. But they need at least a little something from him offensively.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:50 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
I get the complaints about Reaves. He doesn’t offer much and the need for an enforcer is dubious. But no one expected this guy to produce goals. Bigger issue for me is the lack of production from Carl Hagelin. He gets more than double the minutes that Reaves does and has triple the salary. Just 3 goals on the year and I think two of them were empty netters. I get that he is useful on the PK. But they need at least a little something from him offensively.

At least Hags has driven play. When with Malkin, he has produced. Reaves doesn't do shit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:49 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:

At least Hags has driven play. When with Malkin, he has produced. Reaves doesn't do shit.

Yea Hags can earn his money by creating space for Geno

Reaves... I think many people are going to be disappointed bc my bet is he plays in the playoffs.
Guess it is what it is at this point

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:45 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:

Yea Hags can earn his money by creating space for Geno

Reaves... I think many people are going to be disappointed bc my bet is he plays in the playoffs.

I want Sprong getting minutes. But in the playoffs, I'd rather Sprong get 8 minutes compared to Reaves.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

I want Sprong getting minutes. But in the playoffs, I'd rather Sprong get 8 minutes compared to Reaves.

You'll get no argument from me.

I question this team's personnel moves in the offseason: jettisoning Archi and Wilson. Playing Kuhn and Reaves. I mean swap those players for the 4th line and tell me this team doesn't look significantly different with it's speed attack.

Now we're slow and plodding. I feel like we've gone away from what's made us successful

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:57 pm 

They sent Sprong back down.
Looks like Rust is ready to return.

Let me ask this-why not give Sprong another chance and have Rust play in Reaves place? Lets see what the lineup looks like with some youth and speed.

I'm starting to believe that Rutherford is forcing Reaves on Sullivan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:27 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
They sent Sprong back down.
Looks like Rust is ready to return.

Let me ask this-why not give Sprong another chance and have Rust play in Reaves place? Lets see what the lineup looks like with some youth and speed.

Call me crazy-- could they be showcasing Reaves for a deal? If there's a possibility he helps in a deal, I can see playing him... but let's make the deal soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:39 am 

fractalsteel wrote:

Oh I've felt this from the beginning. Lot's of talk from JR that he felt Sid/Geno were getting abused and it needed to end since the league wasn't going to protect them

Heck Reaves gets like 6 mins a night, that tells you all you need to know

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 pm 

WOW

Jason Mackey

@JMackeyPG
Looks like Ryan Reaves could be a healthy scratch tonight. Last forward on the ice.

11:05 AM - Jan 23, 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next