It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 3857
bam morris wrote:
came here to see what u knowledgable folks thought..more I see bout this the more I like..dude is tough bad ass!...watching pens in playoffs I kept wondering where our bad asses were to kick some ass and stop the mauling of sid!! I welcome this cat! dude looks fast too when needed.. I bet he turns into good scorer on pens instead of the laboring st louis offense too.like some here suggested I bet sully sid and gino all exspressed we need a bad hombre to help out at times! should be fun to watch!!

I think it's also important to note that we had to get physical to beat Ottawa, so Reaves can help us be a better balanced team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 3891
You guys have a ton of of faith that bones or Cullen resigns? Not me. I think Cullen is done and bones hasn't gotten paid in his NHL career and a team like NyR has a severe need for a guy like him. Heck even LV might throw a ton of cash at him. This is very concerning for me, especially when Sid and Geno aren't really the bastions of health


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 3891
Suwanee88 wrote:
bam morris wrote:
came here to see what u knowledgable folks thought..more I see bout this the more I like..dude is tough bad ass!...watching pens in playoffs I kept wondering where our bad asses were to kick some ass and stop the mauling of sid!! I welcome this cat! dude looks fast too when needed.. I bet he turns into good scorer on pens instead of the laboring st louis offense too.like some here suggested I bet sully sid and gino all exspressed we need a bad hombre to help out at times! should be fun to watch!!

I think it's also important to note that we had to get physical to beat Ottawa, so Reaves can help us be a better balanced team.



Again, this guy is Kunitzs replacement at a fraction of the price


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 21691
Donnie Brasco wrote:
You guys have a ton of of faith that bones or Cullen resigns? Not me. I think Cullen is done and bones hasn't gotten paid in his NHL career and a team like NyR has a severe need for a guy like him. Heck even LV might throw a ton of cash at him. This is very concerning for me, especially when Sid and Geno aren't really the bastions of health


I have faith in the front office to get done what they need to get done because they haven't let me down yet. They'll find the centers they need.

I don't think Cullen is done. I think he could perform at a very good level, for one-two more years AT LEAST. He showed that much to me in the Finals. Maybe HE wants to retire, but he can still play.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5562
After watching the clips, Reaves reminded me of this :



Great doc, if you haven't already seen it.

I didn't look for vids of Reaves actually 'playing' hockey.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 14526
I'm seeing a lot of skill for a big man known for enforcing. He can skate, and-- when given opportunities with the puck, he has a terrific slap shot and a deadly, quick release snapper. He's been playing as a 4th liner-- but if he gets a chance to play with the Sids-Genos-Kessel-Guentzels-Shearys of the world, he can score.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 14526
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
bam morris wrote:
came here to see what u knowledgable folks thought..more I see bout this the more I like..dude is tough bad ass!...watching pens in playoffs I kept wondering where our bad asses were to kick some ass and stop the mauling of sid!! I welcome this cat! dude looks fast too when needed.. I bet he turns into good scorer on pens instead of the laboring st louis offense too.like some here suggested I bet sully sid and gino all exspressed we need a bad hombre to help out at times! should be fun to watch!!

I think it's also important to note that we had to get physical to beat Ottawa, so Reaves can help us be a better balanced team.



Again, this guy is Kunitzs replacement at a fraction of the price

and the bolded is exactly what I thought upon hearing this news. I think he might have more offensive skill than Kunitz at this point of their respective careers.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 3792
I posted this already, but here's a reminder of what Reaves can do -- Not many "enforcers" can skate and score like this:



PS: THAT SCORING PLAY COMES AGAINST SCHULTZ/MURRAY -- not chopped liver!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 3792
Jeemie wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
You guys have a ton of of faith that bones or Cullen resigns? Not me. I think Cullen is done and bones hasn't gotten paid in his NHL career and a team like NyR has a severe need for a guy like him. Heck even LV might throw a ton of cash at him. This is very concerning for me, especially when Sid and Geno aren't really the bastions of health


I have faith in the front office to get done what they need to get done because they haven't let me down yet. They'll find the centers they need.

I don't think Cullen is done. I think he could perform at a very good level, for one-two more years AT LEAST. He showed that much to me in the Finals. Maybe HE wants to retire, but he can still play.


Agree with Jeemie - FO will do what they see as necessary and they will get it done.

No, I have little confidence that Cullen/Bonino will be back.

But I had NO confidence in Sundquist as the 3rd line center.

I see Carter Rowney as 4th line Center for now -- and we need a 3rd line C -- plenty of time to find one.

We found Bonino previously - we can find his replacement too. It shouldn't be that hard, just as it wasn't that hard to find Bonino in the first place.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 14526
I think Bonino is a HUGE part of the TEAM fabric. I wouldn't be surprised if he is back.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group