It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2117
Thought this needed its own thread.

Read this on the NHL site:

https://www.nhl.com/news/top-free-agent ... =281072352

Discuss which of these FA you think the Pens can afford, who they should target or who is the best fit for what the Pens need.

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3611
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Bonino, Moore. In that order.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 1886
From my point of view, this team needs defenseman. Also as Ice posted, I would def re-sign Bones and pursue Moore to replace Cullen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3611
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
I think Rowney is a good in house replacement for Cullen, if he can't be coaxed back for the chance at a 3 peat. Don't, by the way, underestimate the lure of that.

Johnson from TBL could be a trade option at 3C if Bonino signs with, say, Montreal. They already got defense for Drouin, so one of our young forwards (because of waivers, we can't keep em all) might do it.

I'm mostly worried about defensive depth at this point, myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 1886
Ice wrote:
I think Rowney is a good in house replacement for Cullen, if he can't be coaxed back for the chance at a 3 peat. Don't, by the way, underestimate the lure of that.

Johnson from TBL could be a trade option at 3C if Bonino signs with, say, Montreal. They already got defense for Drouin, so one of our young forwards (because of waivers, we can't keep em all) might do it.

I'm mostly worried about defensive depth at this point, myself.


Agree with all of this. I do like the idea of Johnson.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 3611
Luca Brasi wrote:
From my point of view, this team needs defenseman. Also as Ice posted, I would def re-sign Bones and pursue Moore to replace Cullen.


I think Jr isn't inclined to add more dmen due to his limited dollars and assets. Would I like another one? Specifically B Smith... Sure, but C depth and a backup goalie is more pressing right now.

Before the Reaves trade I thought Boyle from tb would be a target - fits into the toughness category, can take draws, kills penalties and is that vet who's in his last seasons. But Reaves takes Boyle off the table

I'd like to resign bones and Cullen but doubt it happens. I think Hanzal and Dom Moore are the targets.

As for backup goalie I'd like Condon, but think niemi is a more realistic option for the pens.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 14112
You don't think Tristan Jarry and or the kid from New Hampshire are going to be capable backups for Murray? I kinda do.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3611
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
I've been operating under the assumption that Jarry is going to be the backup since I heard Flower waived the nmc.

No to Hanzal. What, one fully healthy season in his career? He's also going to get severely overpaid.

Defensive corps is paper thin. I like Ruhwedel, he certainly came on, but even assuming Schultz and Dumo are back, you'd still be looking at reupping Daley just to get the same group as last year. Fresh legs would be a big plus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 3611
bradshaw2ben wrote:
You don't think Tristan Jarry and or the kid from New Hampshire are going to be capable backups for Murray? I kinda do.


No I don't believe Jr wants Jarry being the backup just yet. Mm being injured was a double whammy in that Jarry didn't get the ahl playoff experience that he could've gotten. Jarry sitting on the bench isn't gonna do much for his development - he needs to see pucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 3611
Ice wrote:
I've been operating under the assumption that Jarry is going to be the backup since I heard Flower waived the nmc.

No to Hanzal. What, one fully healthy season in his career? He's also going to get severely overpaid.

Defensive corps is paper thin. I like Ruhwedel, he certainly came on, but even assuming Schultz and Dumo are back, you'd still be looking at reupping Daley just to get the same group as last year. Fresh legs would be a big plus.


Any center is going to get paid - including bones, so it's just a matter of who is going to bring the most value

I'm sure I'd call the D paper thin.. they still could stand another capable guy, but there's limited assets and they'll probably pour it into the centers


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group