It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:05 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Surprised he didn't retire a Penguin. Then again Matt and his wife Bridget are from Minnesota where they met in high school.
Cullen gets a million base salary with extras that could add another 700k so he got paid one last time.

We are less than 50 days until the season starts and the Pens have lots of questions at the center position. After the big 2 that leaves Dea, Simon, McKegg and Guentzel who can play in the middle. In the pipeline there is:
http://penguins.ice.nhl.com/club/roster ... e=prospect
Aston-Reese is the only one I know anything about.

I guess they could move Guentzel to third center but I think this kid is going to break out and be a big time player for us and to best make sure that happens he has to be next to Crosby. Guentzel helps us more on the top line then on the third line.

It's a nice life up there, especially for a young hockey family. I get it.

Minnesota is alright but I would prefer the Western coast of Michigan or the Upper Peninsula around Pictured Rocks NP. Summers up there are supreme.

Yeah except, you know, the western coast of Michigan or the Upper Peninsula don't have much in the way of pro hockey teams that pay you a mill or two to play :D

Post subject: Re: Pens offseason Free agency 2017
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:02 am 

No kidding Y-town. I went off on a tangent but did so because I feel so strong about the regions mentioned. If you haven't been I suggest you get there.
A few cool places to visit are Silver Lake where sand dunes over the past few decades have nearly covered a forest along the coast. So weird to be walking on what looks like a desert only to see tree tops poking out. They have sand buggy racing there as well.
Sleeping Bear sand dune- a series of impossibly tall sand dunes that stretched from about a mile and a half inland to Lake Michigan. Hell of a workout getting to the lake.
And Pictured Rocks NP. The beaches along Lake Superior are incredible even if the water is still cold in the hottest part of Summer.

Back to Penguin stuff-seems like the Pens are in the run for Will butcher.
https://www.nhl.com/news/pittsburgh-pen ... -290699742

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10