Post subject: Game 84: Pirates at Phillies
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:53 am 

At Citizens Bank Park
Game time: 7:05PM ET
Probable starters:
PIT: Jameson Taillon (4-2, 2.97 ERA)
PHI: Mark Leiter (1-0, 4.20 ERA)

Quote:
Jameson Taillon turned in his finest start last time out since returning to the mound after missing five-plus weeks to undergo surgery for testicular cancer. He faced the Tampa Bay Rays and allowed no runs and seven hits in 6 1/3 innings, his longest outing since coming back from the DL, and his third-longest start of the year overall.

Taillon (4-2, 2.97 ERA) has faced the Phillies just once in his career, striking out seven and allowing three earned runs in six innings last July.

Opposing Taillon is Mark Leiter (1-0, 4.20 ERA), pitching in Jerad Eickhoff's spot in the rotation, since Eickhoff was sidelined on June 18 with an upper back injury. Leiter faced Pittsburgh for two-thirds of an inning on May 20 and allowed one run on one hit.

In two starts in Eickoff's place, Leiter threw six shutout innings against the D-backs on June 23 and five innings, allowing four runs with six strikeouts in Seattle. Tuesday will be his first start in Philadelphia, although he has 9 2/3 innings of relief in Citizens Bank Park.

Things to know

• The Phillies haven't won a series against the Pirates since July 4 of 2013, despite having split a pair of four-game series since. The last time the Phils won a series against Pittsburgh in Philadelphia was a three-game sweep in late July 2011. Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee and current Pirates reliever Antonio Bastardo got the wins in that series.

• One of Andrew McCutchen's biggest improvements en route to winning the National League Player of the Month Award for June came against offspeed pitches -- specifically the way he hit them. Pittsburgh's star outfielder actually averaged a slightly lower exit velocity against offspeed in June than he did during April and May (85.6 mph vs. 83.2 mph), but thanks to a much more ideal average launch angle (6.8 degrees in April/May, 22.7 degrees in June) his Statcast-estimated batting average against those pitches went from .225 to .408. Exit velocity is just one piece of the puzzle; as shown by McCutchen, getting the ball up off the ground is important, too.

• Phillies right-hander Eickhoff will make a rehab start Tuesday for Double-A Reading and could return to the Phillies rotation as soon as Sunday when his spot in the rotation comes up again.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/201707032 ... _pk=491358

#GONUTTINGSWALLET

Post subject: Re: Game 84: Pirates at Phillies
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:35 pm 

Twatty about to blow another lead. Dude is fucking bleeding from the hip. Hurdle putting him in their in the first place and leaving him in their shows what a fucking idiot he is. With apologies to my old buddy MJG75, Hurdle needs to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:39 pm 

Twatty leaving the game with bases loaded and one out. Nicasio coming in. Hurdle...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:42 pm 

And Nicasio bails Hurdle and Twatty with a double play ball. Nice!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:47 pm 

Cutch is eating his Wheaties again. His 2nd HR is a rocket shot to the left field stands. 3-0 Bucs!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:52 pm 

I went to the game last night thinking this would be my last chance to see Cutch play in Philly as a Pirate. I guess I picked the wrong game to go to. Cutch is having quite a day at the dish.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:45 pm 

I think they should not trade him at the trade line. I think they may get more for him in the offseason especially if he keeps hitting league like this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:45 pm 

JackLambert58 wrote:
Twatty about to blow another lead. Dude is fucking bleeding from the hip. Hurdle putting him in their in the first place and leaving him in their shows what a fucking idiot he is. With apologies to my old buddy MJG75, Hurdle needs to go.

What happened to MJ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:22 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
I think they should not trade him at the trade line. I think they may get more for him in the offseason especially if he keeps hitting league like this.

I read that the position players are low value right now in the MLB for trades so it will be when the Pirates trade Clutch.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:52 pm 

We had 'em all the way!